Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 10:46 AM

436 posts, read 910,221 times

Advertisements

Do they still think I am destroying the planet every time I get in my large SUV?, do they still think that large SUV's cause global warming and am I despised by the prius drivers? Do the preius drivers really think they are saving the planet and are mad at me because I am not doing my part and driving such a large vehicle is selfish?

Last edited by FLIGHTSIMMER; 08-15-2010 at 11:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2010, 11:02 AM

11,156 posts, read 29,385,864 times
no they proably don't care and BTW what is a preius?
and a prius driver can be smug and so can hummer H2 driver
politics have nothing to do with the car a person drives

Old 08-15-2010, 11:13 AM

4,500 posts, read 12,373,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTSIMMER View Post
Do they still think I am destroying the planet every time I get in my large SUV?, do they still think that large SUV's cause global warming and am I despised by the preius drivers? Do the preius drivers really think they are saving the planet and are mad at me because I am not doing my part and driving such a large vehicle is selfish?
"they" do not have one collective mind and thought, "they" do not all think the same about you or the car you drive. The question isn't one that's possible to answer.

Old 08-15-2010, 11:14 AM

436 posts, read 910,221 times
I only wonder as they are the ones cutting me off in traffic.

Old 08-15-2010, 11:19 AM

5,002 posts, read 12,380,076 times
So let me get this straight ...

Priuses are the ones cutting you off in traffic, and suddenly that makes them liberals? Could just be someone trying to save money on gas in stop and go traffic, which sounds like a very conservative ideal - saving money.

Or are liberals cutting you off in traffic, and if that is the case, how do you know they are liberals? Could just be someone trying to cut in front of you to get somewhere. Or someone from the very vocal minority of liberals with a ton of bumper stickers. Those people amuse me.

There is almost zero correlation to what people drive vs. what their political beliefs are. So, I'm just thinking you need to deal with your own prejudices and stop listening to Glenn Beck.

BTW, I'm not a "liberal". Get used to the idea that not everyone who believes what you've been brainwashed to believe by your idiotic radio talking heads are "liberals."

For me, I hate SUV's because the majority of them on the road act like they own it and gives a false sense of security while causing a dangerous situation on the road. Further, I just hate how they look. A real man knows a minivan when he sees one. Good day.

Old 08-15-2010, 11:22 AM

4,500 posts, read 12,373,954 times
Quote:
I only wonder as they are the ones cutting me off in traffic.
How do you know they're liberals, and could it be that it's a matter of you only remembering the cars that you dislike cutting you off?

But just to keep it simple: How do you know they're liberals?

Old 08-15-2010, 12:29 PM

280 posts, read 604,944 times
Quote:
Do they still think I am destroying the planet every time I get in my large SUV?, do they still think that large SUV's cause global warming and am I despised by the prius drivers? Do the preius drivers really think they are saving the planet and are mad at me because I am not doing my part and driving such a large vehicle is selfish?
We are all in this together! CO2 is CO2, and it's bad for our kids, for us. You can buy an SUV hybrid if you want, but unless most of us won't do it, things will progress as they have. Regulations will change, and all cars will have to meet the new more efficient mpg criteria at some point (forgot which year). .

I've seen more and more people move back to cities. It's the new trend. I've met so many people who are happy to get rid of their car. So it all equals out at the end. Better public transport is what is really needed in this country.

Old 08-15-2010, 12:50 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,451,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResearchMom View Post
We are all in this together! CO2 is CO2, and it's bad for our kids, for us.

Better stop breathing, then.

Old 08-15-2010, 12:52 PM

11,156 posts, read 29,385,864 times
actually trees breath C02 and produce oxygen in return
and yes everytime you exhale C02 is the by product

Old 08-15-2010, 12:55 PM

2,497 posts, read 7,491,129 times
I am a bleeding heart liberal (to put it lightly) and while I drive a rice burner your big land yacht don't bother me (until it cuts me off because of it's 256 blind spots). The big trucks that blow black soot and wake everyone within a mile, now those need to be destroyed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive