Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 08:27 AM
EA EA started this thread

6,791 posts, read 7,117,601 times

Advertisements

The Veyron is by no means the rarest, or best car ever made. I'd take a multitude of cars over the Veyron.
The f1 is an amazing car but I don't know that I'd like it. Center drive is a bit odd for me. I believe the f1 actually bested the Veyron on Top Gear.

I'd take the relatively cheap *** supercar slayer, the GTR, over any car ever made.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 08:52 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,888 times
I have much more respect admiration for the F1. That was a true engineering marvel.

Old 01-13-2014, 09:30 AM

6,556 posts, read 7,136,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeatheist View Post
The Veyron is by no means the rarest, or best car ever made. I'd take a multitude of cars over the Veyron.
The f1 is an amazing car but I don't know that I'd like it. Center drive is a bit odd for me. I believe the f1 actually bested the Veyron on Top Gear.

I'd take the relatively cheap *** supercar slayer, the GTR, over any car ever made.

The Veyron embarrassed the F1 in the Top Gear episode, it's the pinnacle of cars. Watch the episode where Captain Slow drives the Veyron SS on the fastest test track in world, when the Michelin tire people tell him they don't know if the tires will stay in tach going 258+.....he was scared!

Old 01-13-2014, 09:36 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
IMO it's a really sharp looking car. What surprised me the most is how small it is in person, especially for a 2-ton car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
The Veyron embarrassed the F1 in the Top Gear episode, it's the pinnacle of cars. Watch the episode where Captain Slow drives the Veyron SS on the fastest test track in world, when the Michelin tire people tell him they don't know if the tires will stay in tach going 258+.....he was scared!
The Veyron "embarrases" the F1 in a brute-strength straight-line test. Put 'em on an actual track with actual curves and the the 1500-lb-heavier Veyron doesn't have a prayer.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:28 AM

6,255 posts, read 17,099,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
IMO it's a really sharp looking car. What surprised me the most is how small it is in person, especially for a 2-ton car.

The Veyron "embarrases" the F1 in a brute-strength straight-line test. Put 'em on an actual track with actual curves and the the 1500-lb-heavier Veyron doesn't have a prayer.
I remember that match up. The race was a mile long. The F1 was ahead from 0-250ish km per hour (a little past the quarter mile) before the Veyron caught up.

F1 is the better car.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
I remember that match up. The race was a mile long. The F1 was ahead from 0-250ish km per hour (a little past the quarter mile) before the Veyron caught up.

F1 is the better car.
Well, it's a better racing/performance car. The Veyron is a better GT car. And that's really what it is, an insanely fast and powerful tourer.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:43 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,691,956 times
The Veyron was built for high speed running and high speed running only. Everything about that car is about going as fast as possible in a straght line and cruising a highway at high speed. It is not a "track performance" car by any stretch. I've seen one at an auto show and one at an event at the Simeone Museum in Philly. Drover had the same reaction I did. I expected it to be bigger.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:55 AM

2,962 posts, read 4,999,206 times
Still a Lamborghini guy. How about going crazy with a Veneno. They're only going to make 3.

Lamborghini Veneno: Just Three of These Will Ever Exist - Photo Gallery of Official Photos and Info from Car and Driver - Car Images

Old 01-13-2014, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWho? View Post
Still a Lamborghini guy. How about going crazy with a Veneno. They're only going to make 3.

Lamborghini Veneno: Just Three of These Will Ever Exist - Photo Gallery of Official Photos and Info from Car and Driver - Car Images
Perfect illustration of why I'm not a Lambo guy. Their designs have all the elegance and finesse of a punch to the face from Mike Tyson. I haven't really cared for anything from the Countach era forward except for the early Gallardo.

Old 01-13-2014, 12:59 PM

6,556 posts, read 7,136,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
The Veyron was built for high speed running and high speed running only. Everything about that car is about going as fast as possible in a straght line and cruising a highway at high speed. It is not a "track performance" car by any stretch. I've seen one at an auto show and one at an event at the Simeone Museum in Philly. Drover had the same reaction I did. I expected it to be bigger.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ower_Lap_Times

So this list isn't accurate for track times?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive