Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 09:11 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,737,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
I have to admit Italians do make the best looking super cars but like you said the gtr is a beast in performance.

I personally like how the gtr looks. Sometimes people put silly mods on them, which makes them look ridiculous but when done right then can look stunning.
Very hot indeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2014, 05:07 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,017,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
Very hot indeed.
True but then you have people like Underground who make hot modded italian cars too. Like there 1000 hp gallardos.

Old 01-16-2014, 06:10 PM
EA EA started this thread

6,791 posts, read 7,118,948 times
Only 1000? Why not show their 1500hp Lambos?

Old 01-17-2014, 06:37 AM

819 posts, read 1,409,929 times
I drove a friend's TT Gallardo several years ago, perhaps 2009 time frame, when only Heffner was doing it. It was crazy fast. I really don't see how these 1200+ hp cars can put the power to the pavement; I could not get anywhere close to full throttle in first or second.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:27 AM

6,255 posts, read 17,102,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spbbound View Post
I drove a friend's TT Gallardo several years ago, perhaps 2009 time frame, when only Heffner was doing it. It was crazy fast. I really don't see how these 1200+ hp cars can put the power to the pavement; I could not get anywhere close to full throttle in first or second.
AWD.

Even then, the higher horsepower cars will have traction issues until well over 100mph. A friend of mine used to have a twin turbo Viper... He could break the tires loose at 130mph. Switched to a modded Porsche Turbo and it was better, but he doesn't even bother racing from a stop anymore, he just does 60mph pulls. There's just no traction down low.

Old 01-17-2014, 10:58 AM
EA EA started this thread

6,791 posts, read 7,118,948 times
A stock Viper has traction issues, lol, add a pair of twins and it just gets worse.

These awd lambos have immense traction. The GTR is so good because of it's traction. They don't spin out, they just move!

On paper, this shouldn't happen. The GTR is 400 pounds heavier with literally half the engine.

Lamborghini Aventador vs Nissan-GTR - YouTube

Old 01-17-2014, 11:40 AM

819 posts, read 1,409,929 times
I drove an Aventador at Palm Beach Raceway last spring as part of the Lamborhgini Esperienza and was pretty disappointed in the thing. I couldn't believe that a 2013 model year car that costs $400k msrp still didn't have a dual clutch gear box; it was like doing the saturday night live head bob thing while testing out launch mode. Handling wasn't all that great either, although the traction control was fairly good; not interfering with drivers that know what they're doing but helping a lot for those that didn't. I'm very happy to hear the Gallardo replacement finally has a modern gearbox; it looks great too. Very excited about that car.

Old 01-17-2014, 12:42 PM

2,008 posts, read 4,725,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeatheist View Post
A stock Viper has traction issues, lol, add a pair of twins and it just gets worse.

These awd lambos have immense traction. The GTR is so good because of it's traction. They don't spin out, they just move!

On paper, this shouldn't happen. The GTR is 400 pounds heavier with literally half the engine.

Lamborghini Aventador vs Nissan-GTR - YouTube
I personally like this video of Japanese vs. itialian.

Supra Toying with Lambo

Old 01-17-2014, 01:08 PM

347 posts, read 650,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spbbound View Post
I drove an Aventador at Palm Beach Raceway last spring as part of the Lamborhgini Esperienza and was pretty disappointed in the thing. I couldn't believe that a 2013 model year car that costs $400k msrp still didn't have a dual clutch gear box; it was like doing the saturday night live head bob thing while testing out launch mode. Handling wasn't all that great either, although the traction control was fairly good; not interfering with drivers that know what they're doing but helping a lot for those that didn't. I'm very happy to hear the Gallardo replacement finally has a modern gearbox; it looks great too. Very excited about that car.
I recall that Lamborghini claimed they didn't install a dual clutch in the Aventador because a dual clutch box weighs ~400 pounds more than a single clutch box. I guess that's kinda important, considering that the Aventador already weighs 2 tons the way it is.

Of course, Pagani uses the same reasoning in not including a dual-clutch box in its $1+ million Huayra, which is considerably lighter than the Aventador.

Old 01-17-2014, 02:06 PM

6,559 posts, read 7,139,634 times
Can't beat this car!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b6V-vAc_8pE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive