Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2014, 10:20 AM

2,256 posts, read 4,497,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
Texas and who cares if you are trying to say american cars/trucks aren't 100% U.S.A made well duhh even a kid knows that. Nothing has ever been 100% U.S made for for many many decades. As long as most of the vehicle is made here that is all i care about.
So whats "more murican", a 85% US content Tundra built in Texas or a 50% US content Tahoe built in Texas? How about 50% content Tahoe built in Argentina??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2014, 11:13 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,589,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcu25rs View Post
Yes, everyone who buys a Honda buys them solely to rice them out. Do you think maybe most people like a proven car that is one of the most reliable on the road, gets great gas mileage, cheap to repair, cheap to insure, and relatively cheap to buy? No, no, no....it couldnt possibly have anything to do with that.
Most hondas I've seen in my life have been riced out and I've been to a lot of places. I hear them all day long with those fart canon mufflers. I hear that annoying noise and lookup and what kinda of car is it...a honda.

Old 03-13-2014, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
So whats "more murican", a 85% US content Tundra built in Texas or a 50% US content Tahoe built in Texas? How about 50% content Tahoe built in Argentina??
So you are making fun of americans trying to support America? Are you a communist or something?

Old 03-13-2014, 11:15 AM

4,071 posts, read 5,145,829 times
Quote:
Most hondas I've seen in my life have been riced out and I've been to a lot of places. I hear them all day long with those fart canon mufflers. I hear that annoying noise and lookup and what kinda of car is it...a honda.
I think that is only because you noticed them, i.e. the fart cans drew your attention. Most Hondas just blend into traffic as another non-descript (i.e. boring) commuter car.

Old 03-13-2014, 11:32 AM

Quote:
So you are making fun of americans trying to support America? Are you a communist or something?
So you cant answer a basic question? You have limited mental capacity then or something? Or is it the world is not so black and white in any manner, much less what you may be driving may or may not be as "american" or as "foreign" as you realize or say it is.?.

Old 03-13-2014, 11:38 AM

245 posts, read 298,412 times
Maybe if the American Auto industry proves itself and start building quality product I will support it.
If they start giving their employees a better salary I will buy an American car.
If they start designing their own vehicles and not get designs from Opel and Daewoo I will buy American cars.
If they returned the money that bailed them out I will buy an American car.
If they start waking up and respect consumer demands I will buy an American car
If they started giving better service and not build cars that break down automatically I will buy an American car.

I used to live in what you called a third world ghetto and I used to own a Peugeot 405 which lasted for about 12 years and started to break down. I then bought a 1999 used Ford Explorer in 01 and starting in 03 it started to break down and the service centers were not able to fix it. The new parts also broke down after a year or two and every year I spent over 700$ annually on only repairs for a five year old car I spent more after 5 years. In addition to the Firestone tire glitch that could've killed me anytime until they changed it for free.

Do you think after this experience I would buy another American car knowing that my friends who own chevys and chryslers suffer from the same problems? Chevys and Jeeps until now are issuing late recalls and are investigated by the governments.
The change should happen from the car corporations don't blame the consumer for not buying a car that will be junk in three years especially immigrants and middle class workers who can not afford expensive service or change their cars regularly!

I wish all the best to the US auto industry and I hope they wish the same for us!

Old 03-13-2014, 12:07 PM

Quote:
So you cant answer a basic question? You have limited mental capacity then or something? Or is it the world is not so black and white in any manner, much less what you may be driving may or may not be as "american" or as "foreign" as you realize or say it is.?.
I don't know what meds you forgot to take but I'm not sure why you are harassing me because I choose to buy american cars. Go troll somewhere else.

Old 03-13-2014, 12:11 PM

Quote:
I don't know what meds you forgot to take but I'm not sure why you are harassing me because I choose to buy american cars. Go troll somewhere else.
Po. Kettle. Your first post in this thread was pretty troll worthy. All I did was ask you a serious question.

Old 03-13-2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mos1992 View Post
Maybe if the American Auto industry proves itself and start building quality product I will support it.
If they start giving their employees a better salary I will buy an American car.
If they start designing their own vehicles and not get designs from Opel and Daewoo I will buy American cars.
If they returned the money that bailed them out I will buy an American car.
If they start waking up and respect consumer demands I will buy an American car
If they started giving better service and not build cars that break down automatically I will buy an American car.

I used to live in what you called a third world ghetto and I used to own a Peugeot 405 which lasted for about 12 years and started to break down. I then bought a 1999 used Ford Explorer in 01 and starting in 03 it started to break down and the service centers were not able to fix it. The new parts also broke down after a year or two and every year I spent over 700$ annually on only repairs for a five year old car I spent more after 5 years. In addition to the Firestone tire glitch that could've killed me anytime until they changed it for free.

Do you think after this experience I would buy another American car knowing that my friends who own chevys and chryslers suffer from the same problems? Chevys and Jeeps until now are issuing late recalls and are investigated by the governments.
The change should happen from the car corporations don't blame the consumer for not buying a car that will be junk in three years especially immigrants and middle class workers who can not afford expensive service or change their cars regularly!

I wish all the best to the US auto industry and I hope they wish the same for us!
Every car manufacturer has issues with their cars. Just like everything in life some people will end up with duds and others will have no issues. Even the most sophisticated computerized machinery will make mistakes. When you pump out millions of vehicles out of a factory they are going to have some with issues. This happens with cars right down to buying a pizza.

I just look on the road and I see GM cars and trucks all over the place. They must do something right to have all of those vehicles all over the place. Also GMC and Chevy trucks are EVERYWHERE and used by emergency services like police, fire and rescue. If they were such garbage I doubt emergency responders would use them.

Old 03-13-2014, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Po. Kettle. Your first post in this thread was pretty troll worthy. All I did was ask you a serious question.
This was my first post in this thread:
"I support my country whenever possible and buy american made products. I will never own a foreign car EVER. I am a loyal GM owner until I can no longer drive which is a LONG time from now. I don't care about the bailout and all that I can't control that. I own an older 1997 chevy tahoe and they are everywhere still on the road. I go to the salvage yard to find some interior parts and there is only 4 trucks in 20+ acres of vehicles...that tells you something. Funny that the foreign cars make up the bulk of the junk cars in the yard."

Get lost kid there is nothing troll about it. You probably are just offended because you own a junk foreign car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive