Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2014, 12:25 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,187,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
Most hondas I've seen in my life have been riced out and I've been to a lot of places. I hear them all day long with those fart canon mufflers. I hear that annoying noise and lookup and what kinda of car is it...a honda.
Where do you live?

And are you a total idiot? Ever been to California? There are hundreds of thousands of ordinary Japanese cars, driven by people who would never rice their Camry, Accord or Civic.

Here in Texas, besides the pickups I see every day, I see a roadway full of imports from every country that sells cars in the US. Very few riced out vehicles. It is more likely that I see a dually diesel pickup with stacks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2014, 12:26 PM

780 posts, read 2,926,671 times
What a trolling thread.

Old 03-13-2014, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Every car manufacturer has issues with their cars. Just like everything in life some people will end up with duds and others will have no issues. Even the most sophisticated computerized machinery will make mistakes. When you pump out millions of vehicles out of a factory they are going to have some with issues. This happens with cars right down to buying a pizza.

I just look on the road and I see GM cars and trucks all over the place. They must do something right to have all of those vehicles all over the place. Also GMC and Chevy trucks are EVERYWHERE and used by emergency services like police, fire and rescue. If they were such garbage I doubt emergency responders would use them.
I don't think GM is garbage, though between 1980-2000 a lot of their vehicles were terrible. That's why foreign brands grew so much. GM wasted billions with so many brands and marketing crap like the Lumina and Sunbird to Americans. Who bought them, and decided "never again." Same with Chysler brands. And somewhat with Ford.

As for emergency vehicles? You really want to project that to the quality of the cars regular people buy? There aren't many companies that make truck chassis to build an ambulance with. No wonder there are no Toyota or Honda ambulances.

Old 03-13-2014, 12:31 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,592,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Where do you live?

And are you a total idiot? Ever been to California? There are hundreds of thousands of ordinary Japanese cars, driven by people who would never rice their Camry, Accord or Civic.

Here in Texas, besides the pickups I see every day, I see a roadway full of imports from every country that sells cars in the US. Very few riced out vehicles. It is more likely that I see a dually diesel pickup with stacks.
You must have your head stuck up your fart muffler if you think riced out hondas aren't everywhere. I live in PA and I drive all over in several counties because I am a contractor. All day long I hear these hondas. After the movie series fast and the furious started all these "cars" started hitting the road being highly annoying.

Old 03-13-2014, 12:34 PM

8,697 posts, read 11,087,873 times
Quote:

Also GMC and Chevy trucks are EVERYWHERE and used by emergency services like police, fire and rescue. If they were such garbage I doubt emergency responders would use them.
They are used for political reasons.

2nd reason is most people want a large v8 on emergency vehicles. My friends who worked in those fields listed above told me they are a piece of junk.

Imagine if Obama was seen driving a Benz? There was some uproar when he was seen wearing an Omega timepiece a while back.

Old 03-13-2014, 12:34 PM

2,256 posts, read 4,499,489 times
Quote:
This was my first post in this thread:
"I support my country whenever possible and buy american made products. I will never own a foreign car EVER. I am a loyal GM owner until I can no longer drive which is a LONG time from now. I don't care about the bailout and all that I can't control that. I own an older 1997 chevy tahoe and they are everywhere still on the road. I go to the salvage yard to find some interior parts and there is only 4 trucks in 20+ acres of vehicles...that tells you something. Funny that the foreign cars make up the bulk of the junk cars in the yard."

Get lost kid there is nothing troll about it. You probably are just offended because you own a junk foreign car.
You sir are the troll... you tendency to go all douchebag when you couldnt answer one simple question displays it for all to see.. enjoy trolling around craphole PA with "hondas buzzing all around you".. lol

Old 03-13-2014, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
I don't think GM is garbage, though between 1980-2000 a lot of their vehicles were terrible. That's why foreign brands grew so much. GM wasted billions with so many brands and marketing crap like the Lumina and Sunbird to Americans. Who bought them, and decided "never again." Same with Chysler brands. And somewhat with Ford.

As for emergency vehicles? You really want to project that to the quality of the cars regular people buy? There aren't many companies that make truck chassis to build an ambulance with. No wonder there are no Toyota or Honda ambulances.
"GM led global sales for 77 consecutive years from 1931 through 2007, longer than any other automaker. In 2008, 2009, and 2010, GM has ranked as the second largest global automaker by sales. The company regained its position as the world's largest automaker, by vehicle unit sales, in 2011."

Sales from 2010-2013 are all up. From Wikipedia

There are foreign truck manufacturers like Nissan and Isuzu and others.

Old 03-13-2014, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
You sir are the troll... you tendency to go all douchebag when you couldnt answer one simple question displays it for all to see.. enjoy trolling around craphole PA with "hondas buzzing all around you".. lol
I don't answer "questions" from trolls go away this will be the last response from me.

Old 03-13-2014, 12:43 PM

GM's current recall involves a defect GM has known about since 2001 and chose to do nothing about. Only after the death toll rose to at least 12 with many more injuries has it gotten to their attention. It is an important milestone for the new CEO. Hopefully she gets it taken care of quickly.

Old 03-13-2014, 12:45 PM

Quote:
You must have your head stuck up your fart muffler if you think riced out hondas aren't everywhere. I live in PA and I drive all over in several counties because I am a contractor. All day long I hear these hondas. After the movie series fast and the furious started all these "cars" started hitting the road being highly annoying.
I don't have a fart muffler. And they aren't everywhere - except maybe where you live. Even in the places where imports dominate - California, Seattle, Colorado, Austin, the typical Honda is just a regular Accord, Civic, or Odyssey minivan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive