Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 10:08 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,984,194 times

Advertisements

Here's a slightly used ram 1500 V8 slathered in leather for 35% of the cost of that new ford.

https://www.myautosource.com/invento...rr7pt6fs788745

Would I rather have the ford yes but I'll take and save ~ $60k.

This would work if your prefer chevy

https://www.myautosource.com/invento...uksec8gg385470
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2017, 10:31 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,501,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Here's a slightly used ram 1500 V8 slathered in leather for 35% of the cost of that new ford.

https://www.myautosource.com/invento...rr7pt6fs788745

Would I rather have the ford yes but I'll take and save ~ $60k.
LOL that's a toy compared to the 450...

That 1500 ram will not pull a 1/4 what the 450 can...

That's a coil spring rear truck too...

The F450 platinum/king ranch will tow a mobile home.

I fix em for a living. Know them like the back of my hand. You think posers and play boys buy these? Pfft.

Fully loaded work trucks are a real trend. I have 2 myself.
14 LTZ Z71 K1500 fully loaded was 58k paid it off last December.
16 LTZ Z71 K2500 that was 72k after lift kit wheels and tires.

Why buy a heap of crap chit box truck with rubber floors and bench seats, when you can have heated and air conditioned seats, navigation, a sunroof, power rear slider...

My buddy back in NY has a 15 F550 platinum crew cab, cab and chassis dump truck.
That was 140k has a stainless 12ft plow and stainless dump body.

If a chit box F450 sells for 60 70 with a standard paint matched steel body... go to 85-95k and you can have every option imaginable and have a comfortable work truck.

Ever have a sore back from being on your feet all day bending and lifting?
Hop in turn on the heated seat, adjust the lumbar accordingly Ahhh relief.

Tired of using data on your phone as GPS?
Get the fully loaded one and you get a factory touch screen navigation system. With a premium audio system to pair via blue tooth to your music files on your phone or pay for the XM (chevy) sirius (ford/mopar) and have whatever you want. 100s of channels.

"Leather" that cleans very easily or cloth that stains easily?

Park bench seat? Or roomy comfortable buckets and a center console you can store a 30 pack in?

Have brats? Going camping or on a long road trip? Rear DVD player keeps them entertained.

Cold north east or hot muggy Florida? Not a problem. Remote start with automatic HVAC system to walk into a warmed up or cooled down cab. Air conditioned seats are a godsend in Florida!!!

Given vehicles depreciate... I wonder which one plummets more?
Fully loaded
Base model with AM/FM radio crank up windows and rubber floors with a bench seat?

My money is on the chit box. As the fully loaded will be more desireable. Afterall... salesmen will lie through their teeth and give you the same old song and dance. Old rich guy owned it. Took real good care of it...

Uh huh. Sure...

Old 09-30-2017, 10:50 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,596,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
You can buy a house for 94,000 dollars which goes up in price over time.

In a move that's being called "outrageous" and "luxury on steroids," Ford has debuted a new pickup truck ... that costs $94,445. To be fair, you don't have to spend nearly $100,000 to get your hands on a 2018 F-450 Super Duty Limited truck, but should you "check every option box," as Ford puts it in a press release, that is how much you'll spend.

Ford Debuts Pickup Truck That Will Cost You $94K

It won't cost me $94K. You, maybe.

Old 09-30-2017, 11:19 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,172,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
What color selections will I have?
Since its Ford, you can choose any color as long as its black. lol

Old 10-01-2017, 07:30 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,636,102 times
It's going to age as fast as any other vehicle... the paint will fade, the leather will crack, and parts will wear out.

It's like every time I see a used Escalade, when I look inside I think "eww, and how much did someone pay for this".

Old 10-01-2017, 07:56 AM

17,326 posts, read 22,073,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Please, will somebody bring back the little utility pickup? A modern version of the Chevy LUV, the Mazda B2000, etc. No frills. Cloth seats and hand crank windows. Maybe a small extended cab area to stash a few items. A 6-ft bed. Something that will fit in your garage. I think a modern version of a small utility pickup with say, 180hp 4 cyl mated to a 6 spd tranny, will perform a lot better than the 1980's mini-trucks. And sell them for under $20k!
It is called the Chevy Colorado, yep 6 spd/2.5 4 cyl and you get the 6 ft bed with a minicab behind the seats. They aren't under 20K, closer to about 21K

Mid-Size Truck For Sale: 2018 Colorado Pricing | Chevrolet

Old 10-01-2017, 08:38 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,692,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I totally agree. Not only do new cars, and trucks cost way too much, they are worthless after a few years. A friend of mine needed a part for his older Ford F250. We went to the Ford dealership to get it, and I made the mistake of looking at the window stickers of just the F150's. They averaged $50K, and this was about two years, or more ago. Yes, they had options, but none of them came with just the base trim. They ALL had options, so you had to get all that crap. It was insane.
There are exceptions to every rule... even in the Ford line.

My boss bought a brand new Ford GT and paid 160k in 2006

After 5 years and loving every minute of ownership he and his wife were downsizing and he sold it the first week for 210k

10k per year appreciation realized from a Brand New 160k Ford...

I have owned and own a lot of vehicles and never have sold any for less than I paid... Only one was bought new and I still own that one from 2001. Also pay cash.

The only debt I'm willing to take on is First Mortgage Debt.

Old 10-01-2017, 08:53 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
There are exceptions to every rule... even in the Ford line.

My boss bought a brand new Ford GT and paid 160k in 2006

After 5 years and loving every minute of ownership he and his wife were downsizing and he sold it the first week for 210k

10k per year appreciation realized from a Brand New 160k Ford...

I have owned and own a lot of vehicles and never have sold any for less than I paid... Only one was bought new and I still own that one from 2001. Also pay cash.

The only debt I'm willing to take on is First Mortgage Debt.
The Ford GT is a limited production COLLECTOR CAR. Not the same conversation. At all.

Old 10-01-2017, 10:01 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,692,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The Ford GT is a limited production COLLECTOR CAR. Not the same conversation. At all.
Of course it is...

To say otherwise is ignoring the facts.

A brand new "Production" car bought off the showroom floor for MSRP, Factory Warranty, Emission Certification, etc.

My Boss did not special order or put his name on a waiting list... one day he was shopping for a new truck and saw the 2006 Ford GT on the showroom and he was interested.

That dealer had a huge markup... so he made a few telephone calls and found a Ford Dealer and made the Deal at MSRP...

Ford vies for being the largest automaker in the world and every Ford Dealer sold Ford GT's

Old 10-01-2017, 10:02 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,595,985 times
These big trucks have kind of taken the place of the big sedan as the platform to showcase all latest luxury tech. At least for these American brands. If you want a top of the line Mercedes you go straight to the S Class. Top of the line Ford is their biggest crew cab dually pickup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive