Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 05:18 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,595,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Chris View Post
You can't tow that with a MUCH cheaper truck that doesn't cost as much as an entire college education?

Seriously, though, I'm not a huge fan of trucks but I have friends who swear up and down that pickups are a gift from god and they'll be practically drooling at the sight of this new pickup. I personally see no use in it, nor do I see any reason in paying that much for a pickup truck even if you like them, but I used to live in a city where a pickup truck was literally used as a status symbol and people who drove the newest, biggest, and loudest were the ones who people would gawk at like deer in headlights as they drove around. I'd usually ignore them but be annoyed as, in this city, those people were literally given permission to drive like idiots and blast their music up loud. People like me, annoyed by their presence, were told we're just "jealous". No, we just don't wanna die.

Don't get me wrong, looks very nice and all and I do like the interior to a degree. Just not my style, as I prefer regular full ole sedans, and I can't see any use in paying that much, but I think we all know at least one person who either will buy this truck or has stated they would if they could because 'logic'.
I guess the most interesting thing here is the insistence that a college education should cost $94,000.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2017, 02:21 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,625,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
That's the conventional wisdom, that small trucks don't sell. But there's a niche that remains unfilled. Sooner or later a company will stick their neck out, buck the trend and sell one.
In small low priced trucks, a niche of less than 100,000 is highly unlikely to pay off even the engineering cost to tool up a factory.

Old 10-20-2017, 04:09 PM

6,980 posts, read 5,427,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugrats2001 View Post
In small low priced trucks, a niche of less than 100,000 is highly unlikely to pay off even the engineering cost to tool up a factory.
Well Ford thinks so and that’s all that’s matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive