Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 01:39 AM

1,095 posts, read 1,057,756 times

Advertisements

Finally, a car with a lifetime car loan!!

But.......

Ford will find dumb dipsticks to buy these "fancy" pickup's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2017, 05:20 AM

6,980 posts, read 5,427,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired in Illinois View Post
Finally, a car with a lifetime car loan!!

But.......

Ford will find dumb dipsticks to buy these "fancy" pickup's.
It’s a nitch truck that Ford is making and it will be a custom order only. Ford is not going to manufacture tons of them like the F150, they will be built in a separate part of the plant. Just like the older Ford GT that was assembled on a different line at their old Wixom assembly plant were the Lincoln and the T Bird were made. It’s going to be a nitc truck like the Blackwood, or the Mark LT.

Old 10-13-2017, 06:49 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,558,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
No, I will not spend nearly $100,000 on a truck!
I do not need a new truck, my old 1999 model gets me there and back just fine.
I most definitely have no need for an F-450. My 2500 does everything I need to do. I got rid of my 3500 because it was too much truck for my needs!
I'm sure there will be some people who will buy the thing, but I will not be one of them!

Yeah but there are people who need such truck and will buy it. Ford wouldn't be building it if they couldn't sell it

Old 10-13-2017, 08:09 PM

2,254 posts, read 2,741,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Yeah but there are people who need such truck and will buy it. Ford wouldn't be building it if they couldn't sell it
No one in the entire world 'needs' such a truck.

Old 10-13-2017, 08:43 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,146,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonepa View Post
No one in the entire world 'needs' such a truck.
Trying towing an 18k trailer with a Tesla S

Old 10-13-2017, 08:59 PM

430 posts, read 335,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
You can't tow that with a MUCH cheaper truck that doesn't cost as much as an entire college education?

Seriously, though, I'm not a huge fan of trucks but I have friends who swear up and down that pickups are a gift from god and they'll be practically drooling at the sight of this new pickup. I personally see no use in it, nor do I see any reason in paying that much for a pickup truck even if you like them, but I used to live in a city where a pickup truck was literally used as a status symbol and people who drove the newest, biggest, and loudest were the ones who people would gawk at like deer in headlights as they drove around. I'd usually ignore them but be annoyed as, in this city, those people were literally given permission to drive like idiots and blast their music up loud. People like me, annoyed by their presence, were told we're just "jealous". No, we just don't wanna die.

Don't get me wrong, looks very nice and all and I do like the interior to a degree. Just not my style, as I prefer regular full ole sedans, and I can't see any use in paying that much, but I think we all know at least one person who either will buy this truck or has stated they would if they could because 'logic'.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:53 PM

6,564 posts, read 7,145,772 times
My brother’s FIL bought (cash) a F-650 to tow large enclosed car trailer for the sweet cars he buys many of yearly. He paid well over $100k used for truck. The bed hydraulically lifts up and sets itself on the ground so you can drive things into it. He traded it and got cash for a one year old F-350 this summer, told me the 350 pulled trailer better then it. These $94k trucks have been around, nothing new.

Old 10-13-2017, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
My guess that'll be a small market. And regarding the Tesla comment, if it weren't for their recovery work on the Puerto Rico disaster, they would have already announced a Tesla that can pull many multiples of that.

Old 10-13-2017, 10:28 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,146,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonepa View Post
My guess that'll be a small market. And regarding the Tesla comment, if it weren't for their recovery work on the Puerto Rico disaster, they would have already announced a Tesla that can pull many multiples of that.
Elon likes to talk a good game, but it's all smoke a mirrors to keep the bounce up, or in this case the stock up.

Old 10-14-2017, 07:47 AM

Not really but, ok. My money's on Elon. Or at least some of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive