Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2019, 10:07 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,338,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Are modern day Peugeot vehicles more reliable than FIAT? Does Peugeot have any vehicle that could compete in the compact to midsize sedan market in USA? Should they offer their products disguised as Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep before jumping into the USA market completely?

They have the Peugeot 508 and 5008 that might fit into the US Market. They could sell them under any label, be it Peugeot, Citroen, DS, Lancia, which label do you think would fit best to the US?

Fiat does perform bad in Europe, to me it would made sense that PSA helps FCA on the European market whereas FCA adds their US revenue in the basket if you get my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Q. Bobalink View Post
Dog poop and cat poop, when blended together, do not magically create maple walnut ice cream.

FCA's claim to fame, is making "cheap" cars, albeit with some innovative features (Offroad capability in Jeep, monster HP in Dodge, Stow 'n' Go seating in minivans, etc.. They are NOT known for great reliability, fuel economy, and refinement, I doubt bringing Puegot into the mix will change that, I equate the French and Italian automakers to be very similar, which isn't "great". I was rooting for the Renault merger to get some low-cost electric cars into the U.S., but that didn't happen, unfortunately. How is Puegot doing on electrification?

They soon offer a small BEV for 30k, which is twice as much as the cheapest petrol engine. You rather expect VW do offer a low cost BEV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2019, 11:52 AM

68,350 posts, read 54,496,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
It will take them at least that long to set up shop over here. These companies know what they can and cannot do over here they are major automotive company, now that they are the 4th largest automaker in the world i would not be surprised that they won’t expand in the USA and start building vehicles here at FCA assembly plants for the USA market and South America markets. FCA has the extra capacity at their plants to do so. And that’s a win win and more UAW jobs.

Peugeot's last US tour would seem to say that ain't so.

Old 11-01-2019, 12:06 PM

6,463 posts, read 9,837,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You won't change his mind lol I think he is the local UAW cheerleader lol

Old 11-01-2019, 12:14 PM

14,262 posts, read 14,791,207 times
The Volvo (Chinese owned) plant being built in Charleston SC has enough land (by design) to build a 2nd production line factory. Once they the wrinkles workout with the Volvo production line, look for them to build the 2nd production line producing a pure Chinese vehicle. The Chinese want in to the North American car market so bad, they can taste it.

Old 11-01-2019, 12:20 PM

9,544 posts, read 9,861,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Q. Bobalink View Post
Dog poop and cat poop, when blended together, do not magically create maple walnut ice cream.
Your doing it wrong then.

Old 11-01-2019, 01:16 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,078,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
That’s right ladies and gentlemen if you buy a Ram we will give you a free car if it fits in the bed of the truck. Two for one special.
*Ends midnight . Subject to approval and credit terms. Service writer, mechanic or car model not included in purchase price but available as a option.
That's no joke - a local FCA dealership radio ad the other day stated, "Buy a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT at MSRP, and get a Jeep Cherokee at 50% off MSRP". Got to wonder how many people took them up on that.

Old 11-01-2019, 03:10 PM

6,980 posts, read 5,443,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I’m sure I’ll find out since i have friends who work for FCA in Metro Detroit, my buddy i went to HS with works at FCA headquarters in Auburn Hills Michigan.

Old 11-01-2019, 03:15 PM

6,980 posts, read 5,443,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
You won't change his mind lol I think he is the local UAW cheerleader lol
Former UAW member worked at Chrysler Warren truck assembly plant. This will most likely be a win for the plants around here. Right now FCA is building a new assembly plant in the Detroit area for a new 3 row Jeep.

Old 11-01-2019, 03:57 PM

9,904 posts, read 7,252,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
The Volvo (Chinese owned) plant being built in Charleston SC has enough land (by design) to build a 2nd production line factory. Once they the wrinkles workout with the Volvo production line, look for them to build the 2nd production line producing a pure Chinese vehicle. The Chinese want in to the North American car market so bad, they can taste it.
The plant is built and has been cranking out S60's and V60's for over a year now.

Geely will most likely produce the Lynk & Co. models for the US market as they are based on the same SPA platform that all current Volvo's are based on.

Old 11-01-2019, 06:37 PM

7,795 posts, read 6,413,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
Now you know why PSA is coming back to the USA now they are the 4th largest automaker and the guy in charge of the FCA is in charge of the new company. Now what is it going to be called.
They could call it "Trans-Atlantic Motors"

Peugeot when they were sold here were known to be reliable, but the engineering was a bit strange to folks used to British and American cars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive