Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 01:09 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,263,237 times

Advertisements

my most hated automotive trend is this: GM, particularly Pontiac's new line of performance vehicles. i.e. boring, ugly, sedans with performance car engines. for example, the Dodge Charger - a slap in the face to anyone who remembers the 68-70 Chargers. any late model Impala with a V-8, even if it is RWD. let's not forget about the mecifully now defunct GTO. and worst of all IMO, the Pontiac G8. yuck! my blood boils every time i see that god damned Grand Am with with that stupid damned ram air hood. yeah, that's what we need are ram air hoods on four-door utilitarian sedans. let's just beat the success of the 1998-2002 Trans Am WS6 hood into the dirt by putting it on everything immaginable.

but, Linson, the G8 is a great performing car, and it makes 375 HP, and it can do this and it can do that and its uuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnggggggggggghhh...... --shut your mouth! you know nothing of sports cars. if you drop an LS1 or an LS2 into anything, it's gonna have a respectable level of performance, period. if GM wasnt so corperate (i.e. soulless) and that what those G8's and others are - soulless - they would design a new Firebird, or a GTO worthy of the name, or imagine this - an all new sports car, with an all new heritage. nah, they would never do that.

historically, a GM backer, i will say that Ford did it right with the new Mustang, and for that i give Ford credit. 300 HP & 320 TQ from a high reving 281 ci motor, and great styling, and an awesome muscle car sound, for under 30K. oh, yeah, and a huge after market.

word ot the day - purpose-built performance car.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:49 PM

1,921 posts, read 6,428,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linson View Post
my blood boils every time i see that god damned Grand Am with with that stupid damned ram air hood.
Knock it off with the language. If you can't communicate your point in a respectable manner, keep it to yourself because I don't want to read this crap.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:26 PM

630 posts, read 1,294,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linson View Post
my most hated automotive trend is this: GM, particularly Pontiac's new line of performance vehicles. i.e. boring, ugly, sedans with performance car engines. for example, the Dodge Charger - a slap in the face to anyone who remembers the 68-70 Chargers. any late model Impala with a V-8, even if it is RWD. let's not forget about the mecifully now defunct GTO. and worst of all IMO, the Pontiac G8. yuck! my blood boils every time i see that god damned Grand Am with with that stupid damned ram air hood. yeah, that's what we need are ram air hoods on four-door utilitarian sedans. let's just beat the success of the 1998-2002 Trans Am WS6 hood into the dirt by putting it on everything immaginable.

but, Linson, the G8 is a great performing car, and it makes 375 HP, and it can do this and it can do that and its uuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnggggggggggghhh...... --shut your mouth! you know nothing of sports cars. if you drop an LS1 or an LS2 into anything, it's gonna have a respectable level of performance, period. if GM wasnt so corperate (i.e. soulless) and that what those G8's and others are - soulless - they would design a new Firebird, or a GTO worthy of the name, or imagine this - an all new sports car, with an all new heritage. nah, they would never do that.

historically, a GM backer, i will say that Ford did it right with the new Mustang, and for that i give Ford credit. 300 HP & 320 TQ from a high reving 281 ci motor, and great styling, and an awesome muscle car sound, for under 30K. oh, yeah, and a huge after market.

word ot the day - purpose-built performance car.

I agree with you. I think the reason is these companies are trying to bring in the younger people who don't really have an attatchment to the older cooler styles. It sucks big time.

I know even toyota did it with the FJcruiser, they created a bloated rav4 with a white top and a 4runner drive train and called it a new FJ. They should have staed true to the old fj40 heritage and made it with a removable hardtop, solid front axle with coil springs...exc

yea the new mustang was done right adn hopefully the camaro will be a good hit as well.

I think they got as close as they were allowed to with the new charger but still very far cry from what it should be, very far.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:28 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,884,016 times
Styles change every year, you are living in the 70's. If you don'y like today's styles, buy an old car and restore it.
It's not the cars, it's YOU...!

Old 11-05-2008, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie333 View Post

I think they got as close as they were allowed to with the new charger but still very far cry from what it should be, very far.
the only problem with the new Charger is that it bears the name Charger.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:19 PM

880 posts, read 2,345,823 times
Um... this isn't a new trend. The auto industry has been putting big power under the hoods of family haulers for years. Many people like the sleeper look. People that need a functional vehicle can at least brag a little that there are some ponies under the hood. America is obsessed with horse power, and the industry just responds.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:41 PM

732 posts, read 4,158,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
Did somebody ask for girlish sensibilities? I'll take a Coronet W051
(the same car driven by the little old lady from Pasadena)

Wow a girl that likes the same car I dream of and some day will own.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:09 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
Yes, GMs lineup is 99% as lame as it gets. But my most hated trend are the STUPID Buick fender holes that every moron's sister's cousin is putting on every other car on the road. I saw a stupid Chevy Aveo with those yesterday.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Old 11-05-2008, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Yes, GMs lineup is 99% as lame as it gets. But my most hated trend are the STUPID Buick fender holes that every moron's sister's cousin is putting on every other car on the road. I saw a stupid Chevy Aveo with those yesterday.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Buick fender holes? of what do you speak? can you post a pic?

Old 11-06-2008, 12:28 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
Did somebody ask for girlish sensibilities? I'll take a Coronet W051
(the same car driven by the little old lady from Pasadena)
Nice.
I thought of an automotive trend I never liked... those silly mini-trucks popular in the 1980s and early '90s!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive