Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What type vehicle do you own?/Can you help me decide on a vehicle?
Large SUV 18 20.22%
Small SUV 18 20.22%
4 door sedan 37 41.57%
Cross over 6 6.74%
Extend cab truck 11 12.36%
Luxury car 16 17.98%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 05:17 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
Those 645's are NICE! I never actually test drove one but I did look at a few when I was at the BMW dealership a couple months ago. It felt more of a woman's car though than a man's. I really want to check out one of those 335i Twin-Turbo Convertible's but at almost $50,000 a pop (without options!), I'd rather buy a Corvette and still have some $$ left over. Still debating on what to do with the Porsche though...
They are SSSCCCCHWEEET!! Black on black...........oh-lala. And he looked rather cute sitting beside me in it too. What about an M? Hubby wants the new M out now in 2 years. Let someone else buy it new then snap it up used w/ low miles and then the price will be steady. Hold off on the Vette. I've not read up on it yet but something w/ the 2009 Corvette Z07 is supposed to be worth waiting for. Just found out a 67 Vette around here is for sale...??? That Porsche huh? A friend is trying to get hubby to buy his 86 911. You'll have to shot me some pics. I did find a car the other day I want and the price is decent. It will not be the "hot" car or anything but more just cause I want it. Think Burt Reynolds
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2007, 05:53 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,691,909 times
Quote:
They are SSSCCCCHWEEET!! Black on black...........oh-lala. And he looked rather cute sitting beside me in it too. What about an M? Hubby wants the new M out now in 2 years. Let someone else buy it new then snap it up used w/ low miles and then the price will be steady. Hold off on the Vette. I've not read up on it yet but something w/ the 2009 Corvette Z07 is supposed to be worth waiting for. Just found out a 67 Vette around here is for sale...??? That Porsche huh? A friend is trying to get hubby to buy his 86 911. You'll have to shot me some pics. I did find a car the other day I want and the price is decent. It will not be the "hot" car or anything but more just cause I want it. Think Burt Reynolds
M's are nice but I don't think they look as clean-cut as a regular BMW 3 Series. The M5 is nice but it's too large of a car for me. I've also read up on the '09 Corvette Z07 but at $100,000/ pop it won't be in my garage. Supposedly will have a 505 hp LS7 engine.

I do know someone that might be interested in my Porsche IF I decide to sell it but the money I might get from it won't be enough to pay for a Corvette, BMW or new 911.

So I'm assuming since you said Bert Reynolds that you're looking at a 1977 Pontiac Trans Am, sweet?

Oh here are the pics, sorry there aren't hosted. This was when I first bought my Porsche so it's been a couple years back.
Attached Thumbnails
What type vehicle do you own/Can you help me decide on a vehicle?-dscn0288.jpg   What type vehicle do you own/Can you help me decide on a vehicle?-dscn0292.jpg   What type vehicle do you own/Can you help me decide on a vehicle?-dscn0294.jpg   What type vehicle do you own/Can you help me decide on a vehicle?-dscn0295.jpg  

Old 06-15-2007, 06:35 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
an writer,,,with the onslaught of global warming,,,id think you'd want to do the liberal feel good thing,,,,buy a prius hybrid, or a ten speed,,,
if you choose to buy a gas guzzling s.uv.,,,,you are contributing to the melting glaciers, and starving polar bears,,
didnt you see al gore's movie?? and how he stated the earth has a fever??!! well,,,why contribute to the earth having a fever????

i suggest you make the right social/global warming decision,,,,change starts at home, and you will be setting a great example for others to follow,,

also,,to feel even better, you should forgo your big global killing suv and donate the money for saving those polar bears ...stranded out on the icebergs!!

you rich people have no conscience!!

( i am of course joking,,but this is what some young lady at work told me last week, when i told her i wanted a hummer (the vehicle)

Old 06-15-2007, 06:50 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,665,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
an writer,,,with the onslaught of global warming,,,id think you'd want to do the liberal feel good thing,,,,buy a prius hybrid, or a ten speed,,,
if you choose to buy a gas guzzling s.uv.,,,,you are contributing to the melting glaciers, and starving polar bears,,
didnt you see al gore's movie?? and how he stated the earth has a fever??!! well,,,why contribute to the earth having a fever????

i suggest you make the right social/global warming decision,,,,change starts at home, and you will be setting a great example for others to follow,,

also,,to feel even better, you should forgo your big global killing suv and donate the money for saving those polar bears ...stranded out on the icebergs!!

you rich people have no conscience!!

( i am of course joking,,but this is what some young lady at work told me last week, when i told her i wanted a hummer (the vehicle)

LOL, I know what I would have told her . People just amaze me with their know-it-all attitude. I do hope you set her straight.

Old 06-15-2007, 08:41 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
when i told her i wanted a hummer(the vehicle)
Thanks for that clarification. I thought we would have to regress back to the "Sexual Tensions" thread! LOL!

Old 06-15-2007, 09:06 PM

3,774 posts, read 11,224,415 times
Usually I buy the cheapest car with a working transmission and a decent engine. A POS in other words ... or is that letters?

Old 06-16-2007, 09:50 AM

Speedy, I think mom likes the car. Are you sure she is not going to want it? Your mom that is but I like it too.

I was reading that the Prius from Toyota actually costs something like total energy cost of $3.25 a mile while as this says, "the big ol' Detriot SUV such as the Chevy Tahoe" costs only $2.94 to operate. They also gave the Tahoe of a lifetime of 268,000 miles while the Prius only got 109,000. OUCH!!! Doesn't sound like such a swell deal to me.

Hummers are okay OHHH, the car..... oops, me bad. The H2 is about the only one worth having. Know several that have them and like them and then know some that have the H3 and it just does not have the same feel after being in the H2. I guess they are okay if you want a small SUV that is reasonably priced. Sad thing is because their gas mileage is pretty decent and the cost is relatively low there are too many loon brains out there that just see "Hummer" and think you are driving a car that cost more than their house and are sucking up gas at 5mpg and will key your car or something. No one said that some of these save the earth off the deep end folks were the smartest in the bunch. I mean afterall how much pollution do they cause when they set an entire dealership on fire? That takes smarts right there. LOL!!!!

Old 06-16-2007, 10:41 AM

4,472 posts, read 17,691,909 times
Quote:
Speedy, I think mom likes the car. Are you sure she is not going to want it? Your mom that is but I like it too.
Haha well thank you. I don't think she wants it, she can't drive a stick to save her life. I think she'll stick to her Lexus.

Quote:
The H2 is about the only one worth having. Know several that have them and like them and then know some that have the H3 and it just does not have the same feel after being in the H2. I guess they are okay if you want a small SUV that is reasonably priced. Sad thing is because their gas mileage is pretty decent and the cost is relatively low there are too many loon brains out there that just see "Hummer" and think you are driving a car that cost more than their house and are sucking up gas at 5mpg and will key your car or something. No one said that some of these save the earth off the deep end folks were the smartest in the bunch. I mean afterall how much pollution do they cause when they set an entire dealership on fire? That takes smarts right there. LOL!!!!
I like H2's but the only Hummer that was worth having was an H1. I drove a couple of H1's before and you really do feel invincible in it. Albeit for $130,000 I'd expect a bit more interior refinement.

Old 06-18-2007, 08:49 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
i say go foreign. i recently bought an 96 infiniti g20 and could not be happier with it (maybe a 6-cyl engine, sunroof, and spoiler to make it perfect.) Toyota, Honda, and Nissan/Infiniti are your best bets for total car life. i see hundreds of camrys, accords, and maximas from 1994 on back on the road running great can't say the same for chevy and ford. my mother's 04 buick suv is already having battery trouble. i don't think i can ever consider buy an american-made car again. also consider buying a lightly used one (like 1 or 2 years old). It will give you a little grace on the deprecation value once you leave the car lot.

Old 06-18-2007, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
i say go foreign. i recently bought an 96 infiniti g20 and could not be happier with it (maybe a 6-cyl engine, sunroof, and spoiler to make it perfect.) Toyota, Honda, and Nissan/Infiniti are your best bets for total car life. i see hundreds of camrys, accords, and maximas from 1994 on back on the road running great can't say the same for chevy and ford. my mother's 04 buick suv is already having battery trouble. i don't think i can ever consider buy an american-made car again. also consider buying a lightly used one (like 1 or 2 years old). It will give you a little grace on the deprecation value once you leave the car lot.
What do you mean by "battery problems"???? All makes and models of cars/trucks need a new battery every few years. The batteries nowadays don't last much longer than 2 years anyway w/ all of the electronics that are on the cars. The battery that comes from the manufacturer is not always going to have enough to pull it all for much more than 2 years. Just to say a make/model is bad because of the "battery"....... oh well. Don't blame GM becaue the car needs new windshield wipers too like my sis.

Just a question - is anyone actually READING the OP's desires and what all she does haul around in her vehicle? With the amout of people suggesting small/compact cars and trucks I'm wondering and thinking not. Just curious
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive