Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What type vehicle do you own?/Can you help me decide on a vehicle?
Large SUV 18 20.22%
Small SUV 18 20.22%
4 door sedan 37 41.57%
Cross over 6 6.74%
Extend cab truck 11 12.36%
Luxury car 16 17.98%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 09:45 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
What do you mean by "battery problems"???? All makes and models of cars/trucks need a new battery every few years. The batteries nowadays don't last much longer than 2 years anyway w/ all of the electronics that are on the cars. The battery that comes from the manufacturer is not always going to have enough to pull it all for much more than 2 years. Just to say a make/model is bad because of the "battery"....... oh well. Don't blame GM becaue the car needs new windshield wipers too like my sis.

Just a question - is anyone actually READING the OP's desires and what all she does haul around in her vehicle? With the amout of people suggesting small/compact cars and trucks I'm wondering and thinking not. Just curious
i'm sorry, let me clarify. a battery wouldnt stay charged had to take it in and get it fixed. i shouldn't have to do it for a two yr old car. plus i don't think you need to contribute to the gas problem by buying a yukon xl or an excursion. a regular yukon, pathfinder, 4 runner, even an pilot should be efficent enough for all that hauling without shelling out a car payment just to fill it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2007, 09:53 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
i'm sorry, let me clarify. a battery wouldnt stay charged had to take it in and get it fixed. i shouldn't have to do it for a two yr old car. plus i don't think you need to contribute to the gas problem by buying a yukon xl or an excursion. a regular yukon, pathfinder, 4 runner, even an pilot should be efficent enough for all that hauling without shelling out a car payment just to fill it up.
But that is not the cars fault nor GM's. That is the battery manufacturer and sorry but YES, batteries do need to be replaced sometimes in 2 years if it is used a lot (and even if they are used VERY little). With all of the electronics on the cars nowadays they can not build a battery to last much longer. Just look at the new cell phones w/ all of the capabilities on them (ipod, cell phone, camera, internet, text msging, etc). One battery is no longer standard on these as they come w/ two. LOL!!! Fact of life.

As for buying a larger vehicle like a Yukon XL, Suburban or such there are people out there that NEED them to haul their family, equipment or whatever. I don't think they should be told they should NOT buy one by people that don't need such a large vehicle. I for one could not put my entire family in a car such as a pilot along w/ the dogs and all of our luggage w/o us breaking several laws like the seat belt law. I also don't want to pile luggage onto the top of my car and there are just somethings that you DON'T want to put ontop of a car. EVERY one has different needs and they should be allowed to make those decisions w/o self rightous people telling them they are harming the envirnment. As a matter of fact on GM cars like the Suburban, Yukon XL, Tahoe, etc you can get one that takes FlexFuel so they are not as evil as you think.

Old 06-18-2007, 01:10 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,699,609 times
Quote:
As Momof2DFW stated, it's the battery manufacturer's fault. Batteries need to be replaced every so often and usually the battery that comes standard is not a higher-quality one. Blaming the car manufacturer for a faulty battery is like blaming a television manufacturer because your satellite signal isn't coming it.

As for the SUV thing, many people (like myself and Deb) NEED an SUV to transport kids, client, haul large items, etc. You can't fit five or six kids or adults in a Camry. It's not your business what we buy since we didn't spend your money. You want me to give up my Yukon Denali? Ok why don't you reimburse me the $55,000 I paid for it otherwise please don't try to tell me what to buy.

Old 06-18-2007, 06:59 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,668,096 times
My mom just went out and bought a Yukon, I drove it, and love it. plenty of room for kids and my 115 lb lab and plenty of cargo room for luggage or baseball equipment. Sigh. The only problem is the price.

I think I am going to have to go stand on the street and ask for donations.

Old 06-18-2007, 08:31 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
As Momof2DFW stated, it's the battery manufacturer's fault. Batteries need to be replaced every so often and usually the battery that comes standard is not a higher-quality one. Blaming the car manufacturer for a faulty battery is like blaming a television manufacturer because your satellite signal isn't coming it.

As for the SUV thing, many people (like myself and Deb) NEED an SUV to transport kids, client, haul large items, etc. You can't fit five or six kids or adults in a Camry. It's not your business what we buy since we didn't spend your money. You want me to give up my Yukon Denali? Ok why don't you reimburse me the $55,000 I paid for it otherwise please don't try to tell me what to buy.
i'm just trying to voice my suggestion. if i'm wrong for doing that then slap me.

Old 06-18-2007, 09:16 PM

3,295 posts, read 9,188,072 times
Check out the Honda Fit, Scion xA Nissan Murano Nissan Versa and anything in the Buick line (I adore my Rendevous but they no longer make it.) It has plenty of room for stuff in front...designed by a woman. The arm rest is very wide and has plenty of room, there is room under the center console for a purse.

We are looking at trading in my husband's Escape (a 2003) for a 2008 this fall and seriously looking at the one's I've listed the urls. Liz

Old 06-18-2007, 10:08 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
My mom just went out and bought a Yukon, I drove it, and love it. plenty of room for kids and my 115 lb lab and plenty of cargo room for luggage or baseball equipment. Sigh. The only problem is the price.

I think I am going to have to go stand on the street and ask for donations.
LOL!!!! I said I was going to put on a trench coat walk into establishments and say, "give me money or I'm flashing". I'd make a KILLING!!!

Old 06-18-2007, 10:11 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,668,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
LOL!!!! I said I was going to put on a trench coat walk into establishments and say, "give me money or I'm flashing". I'd make a KILLING!!!
LOL, if you do it and it works, just let me know. I seriously fell in love with that Yukon, I never dreamed I would like something that large, but we have always had small vehicles and never enough space, so it is like a breath of fresh air. I told her I would take it as an early birthday present. SHe reminded me she had a birthday before me.

Old 06-19-2007, 02:11 AM

51 posts, read 129,103 times
I have an 2004 Infiniti G35x and a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The Infiniti is a terrific car, but the brake pads seem wear out faster than on most vehicles and it has to have premium fuel. I'll be replacing the Jeep with a Mazda 7 next year. I think the Mazda 7 is by far the best vehicle in it's class.

Old 06-19-2007, 01:12 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,699,609 times
Quote:
LOL, if you do it and it works, just let me know. I seriously fell in love with that Yukon, I never dreamed I would like something that large, but we have always had small vehicles and never enough space, so it is like a breath of fresh air. I told her I would take it as an early birthday present. SHe reminded me she had a birthday before me.
After a while you get used to the size and it spoils you. I was amazed at how fast the Yukon picks up speed, I thought it'd take me a LONG time to reach 70-80 mph but it all happens pretty quickly. They aren't exactly cheap but the cost is well worth it in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive