Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2014, 07:56 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,862,422 times

Advertisements

OK, so the latest theory now is that a career pilot is an incompetent, and accidentally killed everyone on board, then became desperate to hide all evidence?

Boredom feeds imagination, I guess....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2014, 08:00 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,774,713 times
Theories:

2 sleeper cell radical Islamic pilots devise a plan. Plane takes off, they program in a course, shut down all communications and tracking, take the plane up to 45,000 ft, put on their oxygen masks, depressurize the airline until everyone is dead, drop the plane back down to low altitude, run auto program, auto pilot, lower the plane and slow the plane, make their way to rear of aircraft with parachutes on and jump from the plane are met by radical terrorists in boat or even on land. Program kicks in, flies plane across Indian ocean near Australia, runs out of fuel and crashes into ocean. Pilots grow long beards and blend into some seedy back country Islamic fundamentalists group.

Second Theory: Plane smuggled and landed safely someplace with passengers either all dead or being held. Crazy Islamic terror network following news and sees those looking for them are getting warm, they go to scrap yard and gather a bunch of old broken plane parts and dump them out into the Indian sea.

Old 03-20-2014, 08:00 PM

4,204 posts, read 4,687,965 times
Its already 10:00 AM in Western Australia. Did they reach the so called wreckage or is it again some false lead?

Old 03-20-2014, 08:02 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,947,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBurgh View Post
If it's true that the plane ended up in the Indian Ocean, it would make sense that the pilots wouldn't want the plane or flight data recorders found
Really? Does anyone believe that the pilots would care if the plane or data recorders were found if they crashed the plane on purpose? Isn't that quite a reach?

Old 03-20-2014, 08:03 PM

8,610 posts, read 10,142,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
That's why there are TWO pilots! To keep the bases covered. To back each other up. If it were this easy to make this mistake, it would have happened before. And if they'd decided they'd screwed up and needed to end it, they wouldn't have flown all the way toward South Australia to do it.
Well newbie, can you enlighten us as to what exactly was happening in the cockpit that kept the pilots so aware of their surrounds so that they wouldn't have made a mistake like this? Listen. I am not saying the pilots were at fault, but was just throwing out hypotheticals since apparently no one knows what happened yet nor what was going in inside the pilots' heads. If what you are saying is true, then I imagine there would never be any plane crashes due to pilot error...since that second pilot would always be around to help keep all the bases covered.

BTW, if you aren't going to bother adding to the conversation in a meaningful way, why are you even here? I am not in the mood to be chased by trolls tonight. Can you come back tomorrow instead?

Old 03-20-2014, 08:04 PM

4,204 posts, read 4,687,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
Theories:

2 sleeper cell radical Islamic pilots devise a plan. Plane takes off, they program in a course, shut down all communications and tracking, take the plane up to 45,000 ft, put on their oxygen masks, depressurize the airline until everyone is dead, drop the plane back down to low altitude, run auto program, auto pilot, lower the plane and slow the plane, make their way to rear of aircraft with parachutes on and jump from the plane are met by radical terrorists in boat or even on land. Program kicks in, flies plane across Indian ocean near Australia, runs out of fuel and crashes into ocean. Pilots grow long beards and blend into some seedy back country Islamic fundamentalists group.

Second Theory: Plane smuggled and landed safely someplace with passengers either all dead or being held. Crazy Islamic terror network following news and sees those looking for them are getting warm, they go to scrap yard and gather a bunch of old broken plane parts and dump them out into the Indian sea.
Third Theory It may be a repeat of Iran Air Flight 655.

Iran Air Flight 655 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-20-2014, 08:13 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,809,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
alright goodnight

i is canceled
g is cancelled
h is cancelled
t is cancelled
o is cancelled

this leaves a l r g d n

or 01,12,9,8,0,9

=1129809

first 1 cancel for first (2) 1's = 129809

Malaysia Airlines to 129089 equal Singapore.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Si...381333dab9cbd1
Actually, that was wrong...

i is canceled
g is cancelled
h is cancelled
t is cancelled
o is cancelled

this leaves a l r g d n

or,1,12,18,7,4,14

cancel two ones= 128744 equal Singapore

Old 03-20-2014, 08:22 PM

1,948 posts, read 6,461,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
Third Theory It may be a repeat of Iran Air Flight 655.

Iran Air Flight 655 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
if the USN made the same mistake and shot down the Malaysian plane, I could see why they could be trying to cover this up to look like an accident or blame the pilot.

if you cant prove it nobody is going to admit to shooting it down

Old 03-20-2014, 08:26 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,667,075 times
I heard that IF the Australians conclude that this is the missing plane, they will arrange for people from Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute in Massachusetts to go there and search. If they could find the Titanic, maybe they could find this plane too. They have a special ship and equipment.

(no more theories here. I do not know.)

Old 03-20-2014, 08:47 PM

102,195 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Well newbie, can you enlighten us as to what exactly was happening in the cockpit that kept the pilots so aware of their surrounds so that they wouldn't have made a mistake like this? Listen. I am not saying the pilots were at fault, but was just throwing out hypotheticals since apparently no one knows what happened yet nor what was going in inside the pilots' heads. If what you are saying is true, then I imagine there would never be any plane crashes due to pilot error...since that second pilot would always be around to help keep all the bases covered.
I tend to agree, Liam, that your "oops" scenario is highly unlikely, and I'm not sure we need more hypotheticals being thrown out at this point. It may be hard to just sit tight and wait for more announcements, but that would probably be the best thing to do right now, rather than confuse the issue with more potential scenarios.

I just hope there's closure to this story, and sooner rather than later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation