Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2014, 02:58 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,954,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieJensen View Post
There have been several major mistakes in the reporting:

a) It's not a 2500mi flight - it is 2830nm
b) The flight could have held 308 pax & crew - it had 239
c) A 772 (777-200) carries 117348L of fuel, ER version 177177L (my error)
d) Widely reported at FL43 then FL45, in truth it flew far less than that - closer to FL35
e) MTO is 247200kg - jet disappeared within one hour of departure from KUL
f) Jet was fueled for 7.5hrs or one hour past Shanghai
g) No mention of the AD on the wiring for the wing tanks https://www.federalregister.gov/arti...ries-airplanes this is dated 2011. No telling if the re-wiring was completed on this jet by Malaysian and/or Boeing'
h) Max landing weight is 201840kg or less
i) Max range at max fuel is 6027nm / normal range (w/less than max fuel) 5240nm
j) Service ceiling is 13140m (FL43+100)
Everyone can do themselves a favor, Boeing publishes all this data. They have take off and landing charts, fuel use performance and just about anything you want to know.

Here is the link so we all know the facts instead of relayed info, guesses and all that.

Right from the company that built it.

Boeing: Boeing 777 Facts

Follow the links, it is all there for anyone to see. No special anything needed, black and white.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2014, 10:28 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,668,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Why has the world basically given up on the Amelia Earhart pkane as well as the one that left Uganda back in 2003 and never found? Private companies may be looking for them but country governments and agencies have basically given it up.
I think eventually if this plane truly crashed the world will give up on it too. However, if the plane did land somewhere it will be watched and eventually it will be "found".... or it will be "terminated" if deemed a threat.

I just think with the state of the world right now it's all too possible that it was taken to be used in something later down the road and is being watched for the time being. I sincerely hope it isn't true but I just have a hard time letting that go right now.

Old 05-15-2014, 10:59 AM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
I think eventually if this plane truly crashed the world will give up on it too. However, if the plane did land somewhere it will be watched and eventually it will be "found".... or it will be "terminated" if deemed a threat.

I just think with the state of the world right now it's all too possible that it was taken to be used in something later down the road and is being watched for the time being. I sincerely hope it isn't true but I just have a hard time letting that go right now.
What a bizarre way to steal a plane, though. And it's not as if nobody noticed. If someone wanted a plane to use for nefarious purposes, there are other ways of getting one that wouldn't involve killing hundreds of people.

I sure would like some news about the Bay of Bengal search.

Old 05-15-2014, 12:41 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,166,733 times
It's not impossible that the plane was stolen to be used in a spectacular terrorist attack - immediately, no doubt. But maybe they screwed up somehow and crashed it into the ocean. They might not be willing to take credit for a botched attempt.

Old 05-15-2014, 12:56 PM

6,009 posts, read 6,668,923 times
That's a good possibility. I really don't want to speculate at this point but I'm definitely keeping a watchful eye on the news and what little info they seem to be releasing.

Old 05-15-2014, 01:07 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I sure would like some news about the Bay of Bengal search.
So would I. Whatever it is that's down there, the company determined that it was not down there in previous days. Even if it's not the plane, it is something. It would be nice if someone made a statement about it.

Old 05-15-2014, 03:19 PM

4,686 posts, read 6,140,925 times
If this place did crash nose down and shattered to pieces, will they ever find the sunken debris since it is probably covered by muck on the ocean floor by now and other prices have probably drifted to other parts of the ocean.

Old 05-15-2014, 03:28 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
If this place did crash nose down and shattered to pieces, will they ever find the sunken debris since it is probably covered by muck on the ocean floor by now and other prices have probably drifted to other parts of the ocean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic;
So would I. Whatever it is that's down there, the company determined that it was not down there in previous days. Even if it's not the plane, it is something. It would be nice if someone made a statement about it.
This is the one somewhat implausible thing about the GeoR report. The images look like the plane is more or less intact, which is highly unlikely. Which whets my curiosity even more.

Old 05-16-2014, 01:35 AM

5,217 posts, read 6,147,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
You would think by now if the plane had crashed anywhere near a coast line even many miles off it there would be some type of debris washing up be it ever so small, drink cups, vomit bag, napkins, or flight info booklet kept in the seat pocket. There are so many things on a plane with the logo on it, peanut bags, etc. that you would think even in a violent crash it would still be intact enough to float.

You do see those models of the floating debris piles in the worlds oceans and they just seem to swirl around collecting themselves.

Even the Air France crash had a minimal amount of debris, but they knew the location of the crash.

With the size of the ocean it might truly be one of this century's greatest mysteries!

Old 05-16-2014, 08:26 AM

3,562 posts, read 4,396,439 times
Something to ponder:

• Flight 370 was destined for Beijing
  • It veered from its flight plan and is believed to have crashed somewhere in the Indian Ocean
  • Given the impact speed it's very likely that some plane parts would have broken off
  • No plane debris has been yet spotted on the ocean surface
  • According to a retired pilot, an approximate total of 6 Emergency Location Transmitters (ELT's) are normally scattered throughout the plane and are activated upon making contact with seawater
  • The ELT's never activated
  • North Korea (NK) is latitudinally equidistant to Beijing
  • Flight 370’s fuel capacity would have been sufficient to reach any landing site in NK
  • NK is a reclusive nation with little to no contact with the outside world
Is it probable that flight 370 was flown into NK?

Pardon if this post comes across as conspiratorial. But given that no debris has yet to be found and that the ELT's did not activate one has to consider a possible landing in an unfriendly territory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation