Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2017, 01:38 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Selling drugs, writing illegal scripts and trading drugs for money/sex with your patients might be what most MDs consider poor behavior enough so to remove home from the very good or great doctor categories
Well actually the link in post 645 above, contains a 130 page doc covering all his crimes and the process by when his MD license was revoked and regained.

It pretty much spells out imo that both as far as character and medical competency he is barely adequate as a doctor.

Start with the fact it took him around 10 years to regain his license, his medical competency both with regard to his pulmonary specialty and his desire to practice internal medicine had huge gaps of knowledge, skill and he was required to gain further education. Add, that it took him years to convince mental health professionals of his mental fitness to practice medicine. Finally, he is still only able to practice in a limited manner with supervision.

We aren't talking about a great doctor here in any sense of great doctor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2017, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Ha! No, he's a legit personal injury attorney. One of the top PI attorneys in Chicago.
What world do you people live in lol.

He was on the phone with his own attorney probably in KY.

Do you seriously think he had time to track down a renowned top Chicago PI attorney with aviation expertise? Not to mention what are the odds of getting through to an attorney of that caliber on your first call.

Too funny.

Old 04-15-2017, 01:48 PM

35,071 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
I thought you might be interested in seeing the text of Utah's rule, so I included a link to it. For many years, this rule was limited to defendants. However, the rules are periodically revised by a commission appointed by the state supreme court. When the last revision occurred, the state trial lawyer's association made a big pitch to have this rule written in a neutral fashion. Now it no longer refers to defendants. It simply says a party in a lawsuit may make an Offer of Judgment. Its neutral now and a bit more fair.

https://www.utcourts.gov/resources/r...p/urcp068.html
I will look. And I think the offer of judgment rule should go both ways.

Old 04-15-2017, 01:54 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Well actually the link in post 645 above, contains a 130 page doc covering all his crimes and the process by when his MD license was revoked and regained.

It pretty much spells out imo that both as far as character and medical competency he is barely adequate as a doctor.

Start with the fact it took him around 10 years to regain his license, his medical competency both with regard to his pulmonary specialty and his desire to practice internal medicine had huge gaps of knowledge, skill and he was required to gain further education. Add, that it took him years to convince mental health professionals of his mental fitness to practice medicine. Finally, he is still only able to practice in a limited manner with supervision.

We aren't talking about a great doctor here in any sense of great doctor.
Again you have no basis for your belief. He was at a time in the distant past removed from the practice of medicine. However two years ago he convinced those in authority to let him rejoin. Clearly vast hurdles were in his path and overcome. So what quality of doctor he is at this point is unknown to anyone not close to his practice and able to judge. That probably is his wife. That he remains licensed would suggest he meets the standards of the KY medical board. That however is likely a minimal standard.

Old 04-15-2017, 01:54 PM

4,833 posts, read 5,735,287 times
At the end of the day he did us all passengers a favor. Airlines are already changing their policy. Airlines will be VERY hesitant to remove SEATED passenger again. I'm all for it.

Old 04-15-2017, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Again you have no basis for your belief. He was at a time in the distant past removed from the practice of medicine. However two years ago he convinced those in authority to let him rejoin. Clearly vast hurdles were in his path and overcome. So what quality of doctor he is at this point is unknown to anyone not close to his practice and able to judge. That probably is his wife. That he remains licensed would suggest he meets the standards of the KY medical board. That however is likely a minimal standard.
We can agree to disagree.

I think its a fairly reasonable assumption that someone who at the height of his career had medical knowledge and skills gaps, is highly unlikely to have become a stellar MD in a year or so of part-time practice and however long he spent in remedial training.

Old 04-15-2017, 02:09 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesRamon View Post
so it's right because it was the status quo? or maybe what the airlines were doing was wrong in the first place and this incident will bring on a long overdue correction to a system that has gone too far down the wrong path in favor of these out-of-control airlines. who cares about the doctor's personality? if this brings favorable change to the airline industry, I'm all for it as a sometimes flyer.

most of the opposition to him seems to be sour grapes that it's not you getting the settlement or that you had to take abuse from the airlines but did nothing about it, so you feel he should have to suffer too. it's very self-centered.
What????

I'll tell you what's self centered - refusing to get off a plane, knowing that a crew needs to board it to get to another location, and therefore inconveniencing hundreds, maybe even thousands of other passengers, whose flights are just as important to them as yours is to you -in some cases, much more pressing.

Old 04-15-2017, 02:11 PM

37,106 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
This guy is playing it smart he will walk away with a few million in his pocket I would gladly take a few lumps on the head busted nose for that.
Concussions are the gifts that keep on giving. Why do you think NFL football players are suing over them?

Postconcussion, Frontal Lobe, and Temporal Lobe Syndromes

Even after repair by a skilled surgeon, he may have problems with his nose and sinuses from now on. It was not just a "busted nose".

This man's injuries were more severe than they looked like in the videos we have seen. It's much like when your mechanic finds hidden damage from what looked like a minor fender bender.

Old 04-15-2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
At the end of the day he did us all passengers a favor. Airlines are already changing their policy. Airlines will be VERY hesitant to remove SEATED passenger again. I'm all for it.
So, I assume you will be all good when situations arise and an airline is unable to move their crew around. You wont be complaining when your flight is cancelled or delayed for a few hours or all day?

Old 04-15-2017, 02:13 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Again your -post resorts to nonsense. He may well be a "good doctor" or even a "very good doctor" or a "great doctor" or a "terrible doctor". There is absolutely nothing in the record that speaks to that.

He is a convicted felon. But he is also an MD licensed to practice in KY. And that is what we actually know. Past that is conjecture on your port with no basis.
Sorry, but it's not "conjecture on my part" when I see a grown ass man screaming and squealing like a stuck pig BEFORE the head injury, fighting with law enforcement personnel, inconveniencing hundreds of other people with no regard for their schedules, etc etc etc.

Past behavior is the best indicator of future behavior. This particularly obnoxious person has a long history of verbally abusing others, felonious actions, substance abuse, you name it. Sorry, but character DOES have some bearing on this situation, as it does in nearly all situations.

By the way, whether he is a "good doctor" or not IS a matter of public record. He is basically barred from practicing medicine due to his own actions, and is only allowed by the state to practice medicine one day a week in his wife's clinic. So yeah, I'd say he's probably not that great a doctor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation