Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 05:22 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,456,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
No need to beat up on the guy for not liking it here. He's entitled.

I like it here just fine and haven't really had the experience some of the others describe, but oh well. I actually prefer the miserable leave anyway.
Just noticed - this poster Riro270 joined February 2015 and has only this one post - screams troll to me. Looks like one of our regular trolls grabbed another IP address and resurrected an old thread from 2010 to continue their trip...

Old 02-25-2015, 07:07 PM

1,310 posts, read 1,510,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpark View Post
Just noticed - this poster Riro270 joined February 2015 and has only this one post - screams troll to me. Looks like one of our regular trolls grabbed another IP address and resurrected an old thread from 2010 to continue their trip...
I have to acknowledge that our local Baltimore trolls are hard working and creative. In a way, I respect them for that. Still, since they have obvious talents, I wish they would use those talents to do something more productive.

Old 02-26-2015, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwduvall View Post
I have to acknowledge that our local Baltimore trolls are hard working and creative. In a way, I respect them for that. Still, since they have obvious talents, I wish they would use those talents to do something more productive.
Yeah, I agree completely. IH_77 is a pretty bright guy just wish he'd be a little more positive. Some of the others, meh...

Old 02-26-2015, 11:30 AM

4,918 posts, read 6,467,718 times
If you don't like a city that doesn't make you a troll thou, I do not like living in Kentucky where I live doesn't make me a troll to point out the limitations of the place I live in.

Old 02-26-2015, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
If you don't like a city that doesn't make you a troll thou, I do not like living in Kentucky where I live doesn't make me a troll to point out the limitations of the place I live in.
I agree with that and have always welcomed constructive dialogue. What we have here on this board (a failure to communicate) is a few hardcare trolls that only post to stir up crap, nothing constructive. Its hard to have a dialogue with folks that embrace and evince a strong bias and exclude listening or reasoning with others - why be on a discussion forum if things aren't going to be discussed? Nothing like an outrageous strawman of anecdotal evidence to produce tabloid sounding posts and sink a thread. Where's the utility in that?

Old 02-26-2015, 04:30 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,467,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpark View Post
I agree with that and have always welcomed constructive dialogue. What we have here on this board (a failure to communicate) is a few hardcare trolls that only post to stir up crap, nothing constructive. Its hard to have a dialogue with folks that embrace and evince a strong bias and exclude listening or reasoning with others - why be on a discussion forum if things aren't going to be discussed? Nothing like an outrageous strawman of anecdotal evidence to produce tabloid sounding posts and sink a thread. Where's the utility in that?
Trolls will be trolls thou, best to ignore them. Thing is thou everyone can't even take a joke on here and think its kinda funny, City Data is a weird place, but I agree with you on most everything you wrote.

Old 02-27-2015, 06:05 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,422,588 times
You're not back in Brooklyn, NY yet?! Those Blacks up there NEED some serious help! Where is Jay Z.? What has he built in Brooklyn, NY? All those wild-ass children running around acting insane, committing crimes, degrading themselves and etc.

Quote:
No need to beat up on the guy for not liking it here. He's entitled.

I like it here just fine and haven't really had the experience some of the others describe, but oh well. I actually prefer the miserable leave anyway.

Old 02-27-2015, 06:07 AM

Still calling me a troll I see. LOL! Well, I have thorough scientific explanation why trolls are needed on the internet. Stay tuned!

Old 02-27-2015, 06:11 AM

You know more history of Baltimore than most. Many Baltimoreans don't care about their city's origins. People in Baltimore run anytime you bring up anything pertaining to research, reading, studying and thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamish Forbes View Post
My information on Baltimore does not come from this forum, as you so thoughtlessly suggest. Rather, my information comes from being a Baltimore native, the son of a six-generation Baltimore family. We were the people who built Baltimore.

How about you? Did you go to school in Baltimore? Do you have any ancestors buried there? Ever personally known anyone who worked at Sparrow's Point, Asarco, Armco, Revere, Hopkins, Western Electric, or The Calvert? Ever had dinner at Haussner's or Miller Brothers? Ever ride the number 8 streetcar up York Road or the little Ford number 3 Bus out Loch Raven Blvd? Ever go to a Colts game in Memorial Stadium? Ever seen the Police travel in pairs with a dog around Union Memorial Hospital? Ever go to the Golden Arm? Do you know who Harley Brinsfield was? Did the Berrigan Brothers throw blood on your selective-service records? Ever had a friend shot in the head while waiting for a traffic light to change on Greenmount Avenue? Ever lose a house in Edmondson Village to blockbusting? Ever had a cousin killed by teenage thugs in a home invasion because he didn't leave Edmondson Village? Ever had a new next-door neighbor in Edmondson Village slash her husband's (perhaps -- who knows?) throat with a kitchen knife?

If not, too bad that you didn't grow up in Baltimore . . . if you had, perhaps you would actually know something about the place.

Old 02-27-2015, 06:18 AM

A hokey pokey existence you live Tinawina. That's fine! You live in Baltimore County, most likely Randallstown or Woodlawn, where it's so sterile and the streets are so bland and sterile, and the people are so flavorless and uninteresting. I know, because I used to live out there for many years and those negroes think they are doing something special out there because they own a house or a few cars. Negro Please!!!

Quote:
That's probably why I feel like I live in a totally different space than a lot of the more miserable posters. LOL. I live in Mount Washington, I work in Charles Village, I go all over the place (city and county) to hang out/visit folks but I'm never anywhere that's actually dangerous late at night or anything like that. I'm pretty satisfied, the kids are happy and well educated, there's enough to do to keep me occupied. I do volunteer and things in depressed neighborhoods but where I grew up wasn't shangri-la so I'm not thrown by the hood. That said I do live most of my life here somewhat of a bubble, so there's that. It is what it is.

Sometimes it feels on these boards I'm not allowed to life my life here. It feels like you offend people by not being miserable. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore