Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 12:00 PM

67 posts, read 436,148 times

Advertisements

Since I've posted the original post (oh gosh, way back in 2008), I believe all the Bangor area digital stations have now transitioned over to VHF (a little more forgiving than UHF).

I live out past Dover (maybe 45 - 50 miles from the station towers). I can pick up 5.1, 5.2, 7.1, 7.2, and all three 12.x stations (I think those are in Dixmont). Only occasionally (or should I say rarely), depending on weather conditions, do I pick up the NBC 2.1/2.2 feed. All the other stations I can pick up most times without ever changing my antenna direction. I can usually do at least a 30 degree swing of the antenna, and still receive that signal. Not NBC. When I do get it (but with very low signal strength and dropouts); even moving the antenna 3 degrees will cause the picture to pixelate and freeze.

Pretty hilly from here to the Bangor area. But I believe that my house is about 600 feet elevation; and my large directional antenna (with pre amp and rotor) sits on my roof about 35' up.

For folks that are reading this, all I can offer is that I got a lot of help from folks on this forum and also from various web sites (like antennaweb) that made specific recommendations to the type of antenna based on my exact street address. It might be worth a look to compare what they recommend for an antenna to what you have...

Thank you again for all your help folks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area