Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: who wins
spurs in 4 0 0%
spurs in 5 3 6.52%
spurs in 6 17 36.96%
spurs in 7 3 6.52%
thunder in 4 0 0%
thunder in 5 3 6.52%
thunder in 6 12 26.09%
thunder in 7 8 17.39%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 06:33 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
OKC should trade Westbrook for Howard straight up assuming Howard has fully recovered from back surgery and rehab.They can amnesty Perk after next season if they haven't been able to trade him by then. I think Maynor would be fine running the show. I wouldn't trade Ibaka or Harden. With Howard, they now have a low post scorer. So i would have this as your starting lineup next season.

Maynor, Thabo, Howard, Ibaka, Collison would be starting. Collison should come off the bench as usual, but not sure who they have right now under contract that would start. Nazr is a free agent and likely won't be back and not sure about who else is already under contract. I believe Harden will be unrestricted FA after next season and Ibaka is restricted FA. Not sure what the max they can offer Harden, but it will be tough to keep him.
This is one of the craziest posts Ive read around these parts. Trade Westbrook? Are you kidding me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2012, 11:05 AM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,539,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
This is one of the craziest posts Ive read around these parts. Trade Westbrook? Are you kidding me?
Nope. Anytime you have a chance to get the best center in the league, assuming he has fully recovered, you do that. They need low post scoring too. Maynor is good enough to run the show.

Old 06-10-2012, 01:41 PM

1,586 posts, read 6,758,845 times
Quote:
Nope. Anytime you have a chance to get the best center in the league, assuming he has fully recovered, you do that. They need low post scoring too. Maynor is good enough to run the show.
Maynor is not good enough to run the show for an elite squad like the Thunder franchise, but he is a great back up w that soft touch. I live in okc and watch too many games. All my Thunder friends/real fans/locals also give you a big hardy har har...

Old 06-11-2012, 11:42 AM

1,807 posts, read 3,324,164 times
at first i scoffed at the idea of trading westbrook for howard. but they can then start harden.
harden + durant + howard = 12peat, and i wont watch basketball again for 10 years minimum lol

Old 06-12-2012, 09:01 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,833 times
Quote:
Are you watching today's game? If yes, do you still feel Westbrook should be traded?

Old 06-17-2012, 10:05 AM
JL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Are you watching today's game? If yes, do you still feel Westbrook should be traded?
I would still do the deal. An inside/outside game with Howard/KD would be really dynamic. Maynor/Harden are more than adequate to take over the 1 and 2 positions and Harden can play the one for long stretches too. Ivey is pretty good too, so he could come off the bench as Harden's backup. Howard and Ibaka would rule the frontcourt for years. I think Westb deep down feels that he is better than KD. That might sound stupid, but i think he really believes that. I believe if they played together for another couple years that there will eventually be a rift between the two. His ego is huge. They're both only 23 yrs old and young, so i just can't see them playing together for 4-5 yrs with Westb wanting to be 2nd fiddle for that long.

The other reason is looking ahead which OKC will need to address after the next season. Harden is UFA while Ibaka is RFA. I think Harden is going to command alot of $ on the market and many teams want him bad. There was already a rumor about the Bobcats wanting to give up their #2 pick in this lotto draft to trade for him. What i don't know is if the Magic would want Harden or Westb in a trade for Howard? Many say Westb because he plays the 1, but is he really a 1?

I do think if OKC wins it all this year...i don't see them trading anyone this offseason. They probably just will find a good low post scorer on a cheap contract...though it won't be easy. They have a chance to get the best center this summer and should do it.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:30 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,093,678 times
Quote:
I would still do the deal. An inside/outside game with Howard/KD would be really dynamic. Maynor/Harden are more than adequate to take over the 1 and 2 positions and Harden can play the one for long stretches too. Ivey is pretty good too, so he could come off the bench as Harden's backup. Howard and Ibaka would rule the frontcourt for years. I think Westb deep down feels that he is better than KD. That might sound stupid, but i think he really believes that. I believe if they played together for another couple years that there will eventually be a rift between the two. His ego is huge. They're both only 23 yrs old and young, so i just can't see them playing together for 4-5 yrs with Westb wanting to be 2nd fiddle for that long.

The other reason is looking ahead which OKC will need to address after the next season. Harden is UFA while Ibaka is RFA. I think Harden is going to command alot of $ on the market and many teams want him bad. There was already a rumor about the Bobcats wanting to give up their #2 pick in this lotto draft to trade for him. What i don't know is if the Magic would want Harden or Westb in a trade for Howard? Many say Westb because he plays the 1, but is he really a 1?

I do think if OKC wins it all this year...i don't see them trading anyone this offseason. They probably just will find a good low post scorer on a cheap contract...though it won't be easy. They have a chance to get the best center this summer and should do it.
nope, harden and ibaka both have qualifying offers after next season, hardens just happens to be much higher. by much higher i mean slightly more then double.

that said, they will run into the need to sign one or the other, and IMO harden is the odd man out. that is if ibaka continues to improve next season. harden is a terrible defender, and while a good scorer, his passing isnt great. im sure he will improve but i dont think his defense is going to get much better over his career. he somewhat reminds me of gilbert arenas in that aspect.

Old 06-17-2012, 12:16 PM
JL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
nope, harden and ibaka both have qualifying offers after next season, hardens just happens to be much higher. by much higher i mean slightly more then double.

that said, they will run into the need to sign one or the other, and IMO harden is the odd man out. that is if ibaka continues to improve next season. harden is a terrible defender, and while a good scorer, his passing isnt great. im sure he will improve but i dont think his defense is going to get much better over his career. he somewhat reminds me of gilbert arenas in that aspect.
then this is actually better for OKC. They can keep both Ibaka and Harden, thus shipping out Westb. Westb isn't that great of a defender either. I don't see Westb wanting to be the 2nd guy down the road like what Wade has finally done. I do think management likes Westb more than Harden from what i've seen or read about from Oklahomans.

Last edited by JL; 06-17-2012 at 12:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball