Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2012, 08:10 AM

78,433 posts, read 60,628,324 times

Advertisements

I'm waiting for the Knicks to stop shooting 50% from 3-pt range and fall back to earth.

If Noah for the Bulls isn't careful he could end up on the all-nba team this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 08:41 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,491,825 times
Pretty interesting take on the Pacers from Grantland

Danny Granger's injury and the future of the Pacers - Grantland

Essentially stating they over achieved last year, have subsequently made poor decisions, and Granger is not only hurt, but regressing as a player.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:22 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,990,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
They did a pretty good job of replacing the depth though. Asik was the biggest loss they had and while he is a 'likable' player that gets a lot of attention, he really had a marginal impact for the Bulls last year. They still have Taj coming off the bench, which I felt was way, way more important.

I think 50 is a bit of a stretch, but I certainly don't see this team cellar dwelling
CJ Watson?

Old 11-08-2012, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
This coming from someone trying to forget this:
Wow, internet stalking....

the season isn't over. How many teams would perform well without their starter starting QB and how many teams have had a coach with cancer?

Old 11-08-2012, 11:14 PM

612 posts, read 844,158 times
Quote:
Pretty interesting take on the Pacers from Grantland

Danny Granger's injury and the future of the Pacers - Grantland

Essentially stating they over achieved last year, have subsequently made poor decisions, and Granger is not only hurt, but regressing as a player.
Oh yes, Granger clearly isn't the same player that garnered an All-Star appearance. The same can be said for Amar'e Stoudemire (even when he was healthy), Chris Paul, and more than likely Mr. Rose. Switching gears, it's amazing what Adrian Peterson has accomplished, coming back from injuries much more severe than what any of the previously mentioned players have suffered, and looks almost like he's still at the top of his physical prime.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtitans View Post
CJ Watson?
37% FG with the Bulls is not missed.

For the record, the Bulls let CJ go rather than pick up his option and the best offer he got around the league was the veterans minimum for 2 years.

Basically, any team in the NBA could have picked him up for 2mil or less a year and they all passed so he took 1mil a year with brooklyn.

That's pretty damning as to how much 30+ GM's around the league value him.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
37% FG with the Bulls is not missed.

For the record, the Bulls let CJ go rather than pick up his option and the best offer he got around the league was the veterans minimum for 2 years.

Basically, any team in the NBA could have picked him up for 2mil or less a year and they all passed so he took 1mil a year with brooklyn.

That's pretty damning as to how much 30+ GM's around the league value him.
That's not the whole truth.

He was waived which means those teams in order to pick him up would have had to take his existing salary. Not too many teams are going to pay or can even afford to pay a backup point guard more than the veteran's minimum. They would have had to pay him $3.7 million.

I'm not claiming he was the best player ever, but he provided scoring off the bench, which no one else provided on a consistent basis last year.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:11 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,491,825 times
Quote:
CJ Watson?
Yeah, I'm very comfortable saying Asik was more valuable than CJ Watson. I don't even think it's close.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
That's not the whole truth.

He was waived which means those teams in order to pick him up would have had to take his existing salary. Not too many teams are going to pay or can even afford to pay a backup point guard more than the veteran's minimum. They would have had to pay him $3.7 million.

I'm not claiming he was the best player ever, but he provided scoring off the bench, which no one else provided on a consistent basis last year.
Everything I'd read showed that it was a team option for 3.7mil which was not picked up so....he was an unrestricted free agent and he only got the veterans minimum.

Sorry, I cannot call a guy shooting 37% anything with the word "consistent" in it which is why the Bulls showed him the door.

Korver and Gibson both put up around the same scoring and Nate Robinson is easily CJ's replacement (or better).

Old 11-09-2012, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I'm very comfortable saying Asik was more valuable than CJ Watson. I don't even think it's close.
Well, one of them got a 3 year deal worth around 25million and the other guy got a 2 year deal worth 2 million.

I call that voting with your wallet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball