Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2012, 06:32 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,491,825 times

Advertisements

NBA kicked off last night. Nice to get back to the full 82 game schedule this year, though I did enjoy the short version last year.

Lets play some ball!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2012, 06:41 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,095,197 times
so anderson v came out with a vengeance last night, the heat looked motivated and deeper then last year, and the lakers got beat by a dirkless mavs team full of rejects, has beens and scrubs. nash looked lost, kobe is going to get very frustrated very fast if that sticks.

Old 10-31-2012, 06:54 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,491,825 times
Wade had some comments about the Rondo foul:

Quote:
After the whistle, Wade raised the ball over his head like he was about to throw it at Rondo but stopped himself.
"I got my kids watching so I stopped myself but it was a punk play by him," said Wade, who had a team-best 29 points in the win. "He clotheslined me."
Wade hinted he might have a response the next time the teams play on Jan. 27 in Boston.
"I'm here to play basketball, man," Wade said. "If you want to do something else, then go do something else. Boxing, this is not it. I was glad I was able to stop myself in that very moment and move on from it. We'll see next time we play."
-ESPN.com

This is an enjoyable read to me, I dislike both players and think they both make punk plays. Soooo yeah, beat each other up.

Old 10-31-2012, 07:51 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,990,232 times
If Boston can't compete, Miami is going to be difficult to knock off in the East. Who else can stop them? And then the Lakers play, didn't help me think they will get past the Thunder but it's early.

Old 10-31-2012, 07:56 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,332,501 times
The Lakers will need time to coalesce. A similar thing happened in Miami, with them basically playing average ball for the first 20-25 games before gradually turning the corner and then playing extremely well late in the season. I think the bigger challenge for the Lakers is that they have bigger egos and more attention whores on that team. If everyone accepts Kobe's lead, then things will probably work out after the first 20 games. But if Dwight Howard and Kobe start arguing over who gets the ball, as Kobe did the last time they had a big man down low, then things are going to unravel.

Old 10-31-2012, 07:58 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,990,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
so anderson v came out with a vengeance last night, the heat looked motivated and deeper then last year, and the lakers got beat by a dirkless mavs team full of rejects, has beens and scrubs. nash looked lost, kobe is going to get very frustrated very fast if that sticks.
Yes the Mavs have a horrible roster. I can't even see them being a playoff team.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:38 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,095,197 times
i dont know, i am not so sure that howard is THAT much better then bynum, kobe is older and has a foot issue, and nash is 72 going on 90, and he isnt use to not having full control of everything. i think for nash to be effective (even in his advanced age) he needs to run the show and kobe and brown are not going to let him. i see this being a huge issue and will shed light on how not all stars can work together once again (melo and amare anyone?)

Old 10-31-2012, 11:22 AM

2,318 posts, read 7,847,325 times
Lakers beat themselves at the free throw line (mainly Howard & Hill). If they would have hit a reasonable percentage on free throws, they would have won that game. Looks like it is going to take a little while for the new players to gel and for everyone to get used to the new offensive scheme. This was a game they should have won though against a Dirkless Mavs. NBA is too tough to give away games like this one.

Old 10-31-2012, 12:32 PM

78,435 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
The Lakers will need time to coalesce. A similar thing happened in Miami, with them basically playing average ball for the first 20-25 games before gradually turning the corner and then playing extremely well late in the season. I think the bigger challenge for the Lakers is that they have bigger egos and more attention whores on that team. If everyone accepts Kobe's lead, then things will probably work out after the first 20 games. But if Dwight Howard and Kobe start arguing over who gets the ball, as Kobe did the last time they had a big man down low, then things are going to unravel.
I agree with the vast majority of that.

This is why the Lakers are the team to watch this year. It's like watching a guy jump a motorcycle over 50 flaming buses....will it work or could there be a spectacular wreck?

If it does start to go badly though, it's going to be interesting whom the Laker fans start blaming this time?
Gasol again? Dwight?

Last night was lost at the FT line and defensively by the Lakers....to a team of nobody's. Will just have to wait and see where they are in 20-30 games.

Old 10-31-2012, 12:54 PM

1,859 posts, read 5,028,654 times
No mention of Anderson Varajeo's impressive night?? 9 Points, 9 Assists & 23 REBOUNDS!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball