Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: 2013 NBA Champ
Miami Heat 19 26.39%
San Antonio Spurs 53 73.61%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 01:54 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,721,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Angry? Hardly. Do I recall the argument? Yes. Am I sitting here holding a grudge over everything you say, arguing out of spite? Please.... you just happen to make alot of points I disagree with. Don't be angry because I notice and call your seemingly ever-changing alignments.

What your feelings are concerning the Thunder isn't the point. I just happened to pick them for purposes of what I was saying earlier. Ok, let's change that to New York or Indiana. Let's say they win next year, will they be 'your' Knicks or Pacers? 'Your' Bulls if Chicago won?
I never changed alignments, it's just that I like Lebron as a player, not as much as Kobe but because of him, I like the Heat.

Players themselves determine the teams that I like. There are numerous football teams that I like.

I am originally from Houston, so the Texans will always be my main team but I also like the Bears because I liked Lovie Smith and Brian Urlacher. I never liked the Colts even when they won the superbowl. I don't like the Saints, even when they won the superbowl and I never liked the Steelers even when they won the Superbowl.

I never liked the Heat until they acquired Lebron.

I genuinely like Lebron but I would pick Kobe over him any day, that's why when the Lakers were healthier, I chose the Lakers.

I will always like a healthy Lakers team over a healthy Heat team any day.

Keep in mind when the Spurs and Mavericks won their championships, I never jumped on their bandwagon.

But when the Pistons beat the Lakers in the championship, I liked the Pistons because of their style of play and I genuinely like their players.

I also never jumped on the Heat bandwagon when they acquired Shaq because I really don't care for Shaq.

There is nothing about the Pacers or Bulls that I like, so if they beat the Thunder or the Spurs, I would be happy but I wouldn't care much about the Pacers or Bulls.

I DO like the Knicks though and would be happy if they won the championship because I like Carmelo.

I only like teams whose players and playing style I like and I happen to like the way the Knicks play, so yes I would support the Knicks but not the Bulls and Pacers who play too blue collar for my liking.

Last edited by Black Jack22; 06-24-2013 at 02:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2013, 02:38 PM

2,198 posts, read 2,737,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
I DO like the Knicks though and would be happy if they won the championship because I like Carmelo.

I only like teams whose players and playing style I like and I happen to like the way the Knicks play, so yes I would support the Knicks but not the Bulls and Pacers who play too blue collar for my liking.
How could anyone like the way the Knicks play? Low basketball IQ, terrible defense except for Chandler, 4 guys standing around watching Carmelo go 1 on 5 on offense, bad decision making in key moments. JR Smith playing like crap every other game because he went clubbing the night before.

What's there to like?

Old 06-24-2013, 02:47 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,710,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
I never changed alignments, it's just that I like Lebron as a player, not as much as Kobe but because of him, I like the Heat.

Players themselves determine the teams that I like. There are numerous football teams that I like.

I am originally from Houston, so the Texans will always be my main team but I also like the Bears because I liked Lovie Smith and Brian Urlacher. I never liked the Colts even when they won the superbowl. I don't like the Saints, even when they won the superbowl and I never liked the Steelers even when they won the Superbowl.

I never liked the Heat until they acquired Lebron.

I genuinely like Lebron but I would pick Kobe over him any day, that's why when the Lakers were healthier, I chose the Lakers.

I will always like a healthy Lakers team over a healthy Heat team any day.

Keep in mind when the Spurs and Mavericks won their championships, I never jumped on their bandwagon.

But when the Pistons beat the Lakers in the championship, I liked the Pistons because of their style of play and I genuinely like their players.

I also never jumped on the Heat bandwagon when they acquired Shaq because I really don't care for Shaq.

There is nothing about the Pacers or Bulls that I like, so if they beat the Thunder or the Spurs, I would be happy but I wouldn't care much about the Pacers or Bulls.

Interesting.

Old 06-24-2013, 03:04 PM

2,198 posts, read 2,737,158 times
Quote:
Interesting.
That's one word for it.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:11 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,117,381 times
Don't get me wrong...pressure does a lot to the human psyche. I'll NEVER know what its like to be at the free-throw line with a minute left in game 7 of the NBA Finals. But with that said, I know Parker is probably smacking himself in the head every morning he wakes up. If Parker makes both free throws, it would've been Parker and Duncan partying in Miami's clubs like Dirk did a few years ago. Leonard also missed one late, but as a 22 year old I can expect that.

With that said, congrats to the Heat. Hech of a season, and now the dynasty arguments can begin.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:08 AM

5,528 posts, read 7,499,407 times
Leonard was tearing it up on Game 7. This guy is going to be exciting to watch in the future.

Old 06-25-2013, 08:46 AM

4,836 posts, read 12,017,616 times
Thought I share this from the only guy in the National media who is a Heat fan:
Dan Le Batard's Championship Spurs RANT 2013 - YouTube

He does this when the Heat win a big round. 2011 ECF, Did it last year for the Celtics series win and Finals win and did it this year for Pacers and Finals win. The original would be when the Heat got the big three:
Dan LeBatard Rejoices Over The Three Kings - YouTube

Old 06-25-2013, 03:28 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,147,376 times
Quote:
Interesting.
smfh

Old 06-25-2013, 07:09 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,710,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneOnegin View Post
That's one word for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
smfh
Yep, I hope that was as entertaining a read for you guys as it was for me.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:29 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,147,376 times
Heat fans: Rupert Murdoch, Donald Trump, Idi Amin, Joseph Stalin Celebrate Heat Victory | The Onion - America's Finest News Source
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball