Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 07:37 AM

2,754 posts, read 7,424,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby BK View Post
His performance tonight justified it.

Sitting on the bench in a suit when the doctors say you're at 100%, your teammates are exhausted, injured, and/or sick (the Bulls had all three), and it's the playoffs. Inexcusable. He could win three rings and him in a suit against the Nets and Heat, that'll be D-Rose to me.
As good as Miami was last year, and as injured as the whole team was, there's no way the Bulls would have won with Rose coming back so late.

That said, I'm not surprised you say all that. Many people did. Many "Bulls fans" did. People who arent on the Bulls. Even though all his team mates supported him. This isn't Orlando, New york, Los angeles. Bulls dont create drama between each other. Its ignorant people who try to create drama.

Edit,

Yes he had a bad performance. One. He may have a few. Im sure lebrons 700+ games werent all good. Or mj's.
At least this early part of Derrick's career, he isnt known to disappear in crucial points of crucial games, unlike lebron for most of his career.

Last edited by NARFALICIOUS; 10-30-2013 at 08:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2013, 07:52 AM

78,423 posts, read 60,613,724 times
As a Bulls fan, Lebron is at the peak of his game the last few years which for most NBA greats is their late 20's to very early 30's.

Unless the injury hampers Rose, he is still a couple years from reaching his peak and he is absolutely not on Lebrons level at the moment.

Miami added a whole lot of good support in the off-season, the Bulls did too.

Watching teh game last night you could just see the rust but it wasn't surprising. Miami is running on all-cylinders and the Bulls have to re-integrate Rose, get Noah healthy and get Dunleavy etc. up to speed.

I'm just happy to see Rose back on the court.

Old 10-30-2013, 07:55 AM

78,423 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NARFALICIOUS View Post
As good as Miami was last year, and as injured as the whole team was, there's no way the Bulls would have won with Rose coming back so late.

That said, I'm not surprised you say all that. Many people did. Many "Bulls fans" did. People who arent on the Bulls. Even though all his team mates supported him. This isn't Orlando, New york, Los angeles. Bulls dont create drama between each other. Its ignorant people who try to create drama.
Yep, and ignorant people that don't realize that sitting Rose saved the Bulls 10mil or so.

Of course these are the same people that know nothing about the Bulls ownership and their financials.

And of course these are the same people that couldn't believe the quote last night from an "anonymous GM" in an interview that admitted they were basically not going to care about wins that year since the team wasn't going to be competitive and fewer wins wouldn't be a bad thing given the strength of the 2014 draft class.

Old 10-30-2013, 07:57 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,708,073 times
Last night's performance by Rose shouldn't be taken as a sign of anything. The guys hasn't played in 1 1/2 years and his comeback game is against the defending champs, who as a collective were on top of their game last night. The rust was evident, but the eye-test showed me that he's lost none of his explosiveness. If anything, he appeared a little quicker which is pretty damn scary.

As far as Miami, most impressive was that neither Lebron or Wade played to their usual standard, and they still controlled the game via stellar bench play. Shows you the depth of that team now. I think if Chicago really wants to take the next step, they need a legit interior offensive presence down low who can punish Miami inside( this remains the main crack in their armor). Noah should be untouchable, but I'd seriously start dangling Boozer and Deng for a true inside threat. Not sure what that combo would yield or who would be available, the league isn't exactly swarming with elite offensive bigs right now.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Last night's performance by Rose shouldn't be taken as a sign of anything. The guys hasn't played in 1 1/2 years and his comeback game is against the defending champs, who as a collective were on top of their game last night. The rust was evident, but the eye-test showed me that he's lost none of his explosiveness. If anything, he appeared a little quicker which is pretty damn scary.

As far as Miami, most impressive was that neither Lebron or Wade played to their usual standard, and they still controlled the game via stellar bench play. Shows you the depth of that team now. I think if Chicago really wants to take the next step, they need a legit interior offensive presence down low who can punish Miami inside( this remains the main crack in their armor). Noah should be untouchable, but I'd seriously start dangling Boozer and Deng for a true inside threat. Not sure what that combo would yield or who would be available, the league isn't exactly swarming with elite offensive bigs right now.
I don't know, boozer looked pretty good last night...And you're right there isn't much to be had...which means teams who have someone will ask for a lot...Lamarcus Aldridge for boozer, deng, 1 other guy and a draft pick/mirotic?....I don't know...

I think, honestly, that Bulls can score plenty with Rose, boozer, deng, and butler.
Both Rose and Deng could not hit anything in that game, and they both took a lot of threes.
I watched the game from around the 2nd quarter to the end, and it looked ugly. But as the announcers said, the Bulls hung around and brought it from 25 pts down to 10 pts down. 107 opponents points? The Heat made their shots and weren't bothered. That's not the Bulls' game. At their best, they allow 88-91 pts per game. Is it different when facing the Heat and the Pacers? The heat and pacers offense comes from outside. They can defend Miami pretty well, they just need to rotate better, because Miami has too good of an outside shot with Allen, Battier, James, etc. The Bulls' offense comes from outside too, but I don't think Boozer will have a problem scoring against the Heat, even with Oden and Bosh inside. Indiana is a different story...

edit, Let's hold the criticism for "he's not going to be the same after the injury" to the end of the season.

Last edited by NARFALICIOUS; 10-30-2013 at 09:40 AM..

Old 10-30-2013, 03:02 PM

Quote:
I don't know, boozer looked pretty good last night...

He did, but he's not someone I would hedge my bets on in the postseason in terms of supplying the kind of low post presence that would give Miami fits when it really counts i.e the playoffs. Miami is bothered mainly by size and physicality, which is why Indiana gave them everything they can handle last year with Hibbert and West down low.

Old 10-30-2013, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
He did, but he's not someone I would hedge my bets on in the postseason in terms of supplying the kind of low post presence that would give Miami fits when it really counts i.e the playoffs. Miami is bothered mainly by size and physicality, which is why Indiana gave them everything they can handle last year with Hibbert and West down low.
Good point.

I wasn't thinking about specifically that. I was more just thinking about putting points on the board, which hopefully Boozer can do consistently whether the other guys are having good nights or not.

Old 10-30-2013, 04:31 PM

211 posts, read 529,315 times
Deng may not have been much yesterday, but Jimmy was playing really well, hustling for everything. High hopes for that kid.

Old 10-30-2013, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Good point.

I wasn't thinking about specifically that. I was more just thinking about putting points on the board, which hopefully Boozer can do consistently whether the other guys are having good nights or not.
I'm not sure that the Bulls as presently constructed have the personnel to beat Miami in a series. Their defense and hustle keeps them in most games, but when their offense is off it puts that much more pressure on Rose as the lone true playmaker to produce and that won't cut it against the Heat. As demonstrated last night, they have several weapons who can go off on any given night, especially their plethora of three point shooters. I'm just hoping that come playoff time, all teams are healthy unlike this past spring because its going to be a dog fight in the East.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:32 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
I think the Bulls will be ok, but here's where I think their practice of remaking the bench every year hurts them. They had guys like Korver and Brewer 2 years ago, and got rid of them. Then last year they had Bellinelli, Robinson, etc, and jettisoned them. That's too much discontinuity.

Plus of course the backcourt of Rose and Butler is brand new, and doubtless they will get used to playing together. Also the Miami game was just one of those games where shots were not going in. I don't think Rose is going to have too many games like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball