Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 04:05 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,740,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
I don't see the Suns moving forward. Their big mistake started with getting rid of Marion. That's clear. O'Neal just a big, lumbering, non-versatile center. The man has no jump shot, not even a short range shot. He can't shoot free throws, is slow of foot. He's a drag on the team, forcing them to completely change their athletic, nimble style that is favored by Nash. When D'Antoni left, the nail in the coffin was hammered shut. Porter, not a good coach, doesn't know what to do with the team. Bell didn't get along with Porter. Hill not a factor. Still can't beat Spurs.

Richardson not a go-to guy or a guy to count on in the clutch. Good scorer only when it doesn't count. I expect Nash to leave eventually. Suns are going to have to rebuild from the ground up. They need a new coach, new philosophy. They need to get rid of Shaq, Hill, and Richardson, bring in some talented young players.
The Suns team they with Bell, Diaw, Marion, Nash, Barbosa, Thomas was their best chance to go all the way, esp with the addition of Hill and Lopez.
Shaq has a couple good years left but he is a half court player - the Bulls could use him. Richardson is an exciting player, in his prime, but not worth what they gave up in my opinion.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:24 PM

396 posts, read 1,276,732 times
Shaq has looked rejuvenated this year but he just doesn't fit the Suns' style.

I still can't believe you guys think that Marion would have led you to a championship. Marion is a scrub. He's done nothing since he was traded away.

Old 01-03-2009, 07:41 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,335,107 times
You asked the right question... "Wutzup with the Suns?" I know they want a more defensive team, but I don't think all these changes are going to take us where we want to go this season. Although they are playing better now than when they started, I don't see them being final contenders.

Old 01-06-2009, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob rulz View Post
Shaq has looked rejuvenated this year but he just doesn't fit the Suns' style.

I still can't believe you guys think that Marion would have led you to a championship. Marion is a scrub. He's done nothing since he was traded away.
Marion got a lot of rebounds, steals, tips, and was their best defensive player. He wasnt worth 20 mil, but he is missed. so is their 2nd best defensive player, Bell.

Old 02-18-2009, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
You asked the right question... "Wutzup with the Suns?" I know they want a more defensive team, but I don't think all these changes are going to take us where we want to go this season. Although they are playing better now than when they started, I don't see them being final contenders.
Now I think maybe we see part of the problem - coach Porter, but should we let Kerr off the hook? We will see, but I dont think so. Kerr has done more to help San Antonio, his last team, then he did Phoenix. If they trade Amare I am going back to being a Bulls fan.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:25 AM

78,492 posts, read 60,679,264 times
Key Points:

1. Shaq is still a force but doesn't fit with Pheonix. They should consider rebuilding via major major trades.

2. The OLD Phx team couldn't get past the Spurs because the Spurs would just control tempo and those big inflated stat lines would melt like butter. Plus, Tony Parker pwned Nash badly and would expose Nash's bottom tier defense every year. (Look at Parker's shooting percentage and # of shots vs. season averages...they rode him to victory by exploiting the soft spot)

3. Phx and collapsed further because they have no D at all anymore. Marion's value was on D, not O...he is doing fine in Miami. Look at Tim Duncan's stats over the years and you'd come away thinking Stoudamire was better than him....nuff said.

4. Phx has always been "scrub killers". Every non-playoff team playing phx knew that it was run-and-gun stat padding night. This inflated everyone's stats and phx developed bad habits that would be immediately exposed when the Spurs wouldn't go along with the game plan come playoff time. (See last nights 142pts. vs the Clippers for an example)

Old 02-22-2009, 07:27 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,152,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
A couple years ago they could have gone all the way when they had Kurt Thomas providing the inside help to Amare, but they has some injuries. Then they let Kurt go for nothing, and trade Marion for Shaq, and slowed down. If Steve Kerr had just kept Thomas and Marion, with adding Hill, they would challenge LA. Robin Lopez would add a good running center, they would be tough!
As it is, they now let another 2 of their former starters go, for gunner Jason Richardson. This team has talent, but their game is much more boring now, and the jury is out on Porter. I guess only time will tell if Kerr made the biggest blunders since Isaiah Thomas.
I'm a fan of Golden State and when D'Antoni's system was being run there they were successful.When Porter took over he wanted to pay attention more to defense.With Shaq you get more blocks,but unless he's dunking every time down the court,his percentage is otherwise horrible.I was shocked when they got rid of Marion.Jason Richardson is a good pickup but you have to decide what type of team you're running.You really need to get rid of SHAQ.When we played you guys last we exposed how Shaq hurts your offense especially still at the line and his defense isn't what it used to be either.You guys would have been much better if you took our backup Turiaf.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
I'm a fan of Golden State and when D'Antoni's system was being run there they were successful.When Porter took over he wanted to pay attention more to defense.With Shaq you get more blocks,but unless he's dunking every time down the court,his percentage is otherwise horrible.I was shocked when they got rid of Marion.Jason Richardson is a good pickup but you have to decide what type of team you're running.You really need to get rid of SHAQ.When we played you guys last we exposed how Shaq hurts your offense especially still at the line and his defense isn't what it used to be either.You guys would have been much better if you took our backup Turiaf.
I agree that Shaq hurts the team - he has a huge ego, and keeps saying if he gets more touchs he will score more - joke.
Richardson good but not worth Bell and Diaw. When the Suns traded their best defender, marion, they then traded the next best defender, Bell. Trade for Bell, Diaw, D'antoni, Marion and Thomas - now there is a team

Old 02-23-2009, 06:27 PM

559 posts, read 1,464,985 times
Shaq is the only player that has been consistent this season.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:51 AM

78,492 posts, read 60,679,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
I agree that Shaq hurts the team - he has a huge ego, and keeps saying if he gets more touchs he will score more - joke.
Um....he shoots 60% from the field and also gets fouled a lot putting your team in the penalty and putting guys like Nash etc. on the foul line a lot more.

Basically, yeah...if I have a guy shooting 60% he is going to get as many touches as he can handle.

What are you thinking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball