Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2013, 06:31 AM

13,400 posts, read 28,719,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
For those of you who enjoy the nonfiction books about the orphan train here is one. It's a free Kindle download and has some very good reviews.

Amazon.com: Forgetting Tabitha the Story of an Orphan Train Rider eBook: Julie Dewey: Kindle Store
It's no longer a free download...$3.99 isn't a bad price though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2013, 08:35 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,253,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
I just made it under the wire. I've been on a Lionel Shriver/Kate Atkinson reading spree so haven't yet read Orphan Train.

Old 11-08-2013, 11:13 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,315,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
I can't remember if I have shared this info with y'all. So, forgive me if this is a repeat.

We have a wonderful guy named Bob in another thread who posts daily lists of free kindle books.

Go to: "Shopping & Consumer Products" in the forum and click on the subcategory of "Deals, Coupons and Free Stuff." There you will find Bob's daily post of free kindle books.

It's best to check in the late afternoon. He spends a lot of time rounding up these titles and if you check on the day of his post in the afternoon you have a very good chance of snagging some kindle goodies that are free.

If you wait until the next day there is a likelihood that the books will no longer be free. I have found a lot of gems on this list.

Old 11-08-2013, 11:15 AM

4,095 posts, read 5,544,434 times
Quote:
I can't remember if I have shared this info with y'all. So, forgive me if this is a repeat.

We have a wonderful guy named Bob in another thread who posts daily lists of free kindle books.

Go to: "Shopping & Consumer Products" in the forum and click on the subcategory of "Deals, Coupons and Free Stuff." There you will find Bob's daily post of free kindle books.

It's best to check in the late afternoon. He spends a lot of time rounding up these titles and if you check on the day of his post in the afternoon you have a very good chance of snagging some kindle goodies that are free.

If you wait until the next day there is a likelihood that the books will no longer be free. I have found a lot of gems on this list.
Thanks!

Old 11-08-2013, 02:18 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,449,008 times
I picked up a book randomly at a book store over the weekend, not realizing it was part of a series. While I'm waiting for the first one to come in, I've started "50 Shades of Grey."

I'm also (very) slowly working my way through "Great Expectations" which came with my phone and which I read when I'm waiting for appointments, etc and have nothing else to do.

Old 11-08-2013, 02:33 PM

1,833 posts, read 3,348,993 times
Quote:

Thank you!! Now to remember to go check every evening.

Old 11-08-2013, 03:34 PM

I finished Village Books by Craig McLay and I did enjoy it. Perhaps a bit too long, it's still an entertaining read. The author is humorous and very clever. The story is interesting.

Like I said, I enjoyed it but I'm also glad it's over. Does that make sense? The books that I want to never end are my favorites.

I'm just starting The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Dawn, when you read the book did you go looking for books by Peter von Houton? I did. LOL

Old 11-08-2013, 03:42 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,018,915 times
Quote:

I'm just starting The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Dawn, when you read the book did you go looking for books by Peter von Houton? I did. LOL

Hahahaha! I actually didn't! Shocking, I know.

ETA: PS. Good luck not falling in love with Augustus.

Old 11-08-2013, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
Hahahaha! I actually didn't! Shocking, I know.

ETA: PS. Good luck not falling in love with Augustus.
Too late. The word play between these two kids is amazing. So far the book reminds me of Death Be Not Proud by John Gunther. I'm sure it is the subject matter.

Old 11-08-2013, 04:41 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,018,915 times
Quote:
Too late. The word play between these two kids is amazing.
It gets better and better. It never falters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books