Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 01:21 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,226,677 times

Advertisements

But the Democrats' solution is to import the poorest people in the world, and tax those of us who work more, to support them and give them "free" services.

This is why I keep telling people to GTFO of CA before its too late. You're gonna get raped, hard, no lube, by the fascists. They WILL find a way to take all your money.

Old 07-28-2017, 01:42 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,680,034 times
As long as people can move freely there will always be people moving...

For decades California was a destination State... many coming for work and the suburbs flourished... lots of Defense and Military back then around the Bay Area and that went hand in hand with developing Tech.

Old 07-28-2017, 02:16 PM

35 posts, read 32,386 times
"Financial freedom my only hope,
F*** living rich and dying broke...."

i know some who have no savings accounts but have money in various investments, mainly real estate, because of how folks was losing up to a third of their 401k in 08. they see it as not stable. real estate will always appreciate and rental income will always be there. but everything is a gamble and i dont think there is a right or wrong way to save ya money. do what you feel is right and live life!

Old 07-28-2017, 02:42 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,680,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by w-mcfly22 View Post

i know some who have no savings accounts but have money in various investments, mainly real estate, because of how folks was losing up to a third of their 401k in 08. they see it as not stable. real estate will always appreciate and rental income will always be there. but everything is a gamble and i dont think there is a right or wrong way to save ya money. do what you feel is right and live life!
Not 100% but I see your point.

Plenty of areas where Real Estate did just the opposite like Detroit...

California has had plenty of boom and busts but for those willing to wait... it always comes back stronger.

A wild card would be natural disaster... could forever change things here.

But use... property is Real... so the likelihood of it vanishing is slim... unlike some stocks I have owned.

On the other hand... property management is a job and one that many try and fail...

Old 07-28-2017, 02:45 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by w-mcfly22 View Post

Well, my investment portfolio in 2008-2009 lost a 1/3 of its value (which was pretty much the rule if you had a diversified asset base). It all came back up again in about 2 years so there was no issue.

Just gotta be patient and ride out the dips and rises.

Old 07-28-2017, 03:02 PM

600 posts, read 566,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
But the Democrats' solution is to import the poorest people in the world, and tax those of us who work more, to support them and give them "free" services.

This is why I keep telling people to GTFO of CA before its too late. You're gonna get raped, hard, no lube, by the fascists. They WILL find a way to take all your money.

??? Are we just going to talk out of our @zz like Trump now? No facts? Just bias and hate? lol

Red States have the highest Crime Rates, Rapes, Food Stamp Rates, Welfare rates etc etc.

Change the List: States where rape is most common - CNN.com

Old 07-28-2017, 03:21 PM

600 posts, read 566,845 times
CA, a BLUE state, with the MOST illegals and the most diverse population is Top 10 in LOWEST Rapes incidents.

Why are States filled with 80% Caucasian have such as high Rape statistics?

When I hear GOP cry about rapes and crimes, now I know why. It's called PROJECTION.
They try to blame it on someone else, but they're just trying to deflect the problems caused by their own groups.

Old 07-28-2017, 03:31 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taimaishu View Post
CA, a BLUE state, with the MOST illegals and the most diverse population is Top 10 in LOWEST Rapes incidents.

Why are States filled with 80% Caucasian have such as high Rape statistics?

When I hear GOP cry about rapes and crimes, now I know why. It's called PROJECTION.
They try to blame it on someone else, but they're just trying to deflect the problems caused by their own groups.
Well LAPD at least has underreported crimes , so there's that.

LAPD underreported violent crimes: Reforms now underway - LA Times

and supposedly illegal aliens are not reporting crime as much.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/lapd-lati...063854751.html

If you live in L.A you can't say that neighborhoods with a high number of illegal aliens are low crime nice areas.
Would you call neighborhoods like Pacoima, Boyle Heights, East L.A safe areas?

That's just not reality. I know HuffPost ,L.A Times and CNN want people to believe this nonsense though.

Old 07-28-2017, 04:24 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,226,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taimaishu View Post
??? Are we just going to talk out of our @zz like Trump now? No facts? Just bias and hate? lol

Red States have the highest Crime Rates, Rapes, Food Stamp Rates, Welfare rates etc etc.

Change the List: States where rape is most common - CNN.com
Do you have reading comprehension problems? Is English your second language?

How does your post in any way relate to ANYTHING I posted?

Old 07-28-2017, 05:56 PM

50,294 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Do you have reading comprehension problems? Is English your second language?

How does your post in any way relate to ANYTHING I posted?
They may want to look into Rosetta stone. That broken engrish is hard to decipher.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California