Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 10:16 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
That's because you are totally ignorant of what it is like to live anywhere else but Hayward.
Millions live in other states just fine, some to a very fine standard of living.
More people live in other States than live in CA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2017, 11:15 AM

3,477 posts, read 6,512,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perma Bear View Post
Rather live in poverty in California than die from the elements.
Lived in Des Moines, Iowa for a couple years. In the winter you bundle up and go on about your business like everyone else. Took a couple extra minutes to get ready in the morning. Its really not that hard to get used to... well, for anyone with a spine that is.

Old 09-30-2017, 12:55 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,815,960 times
For some, health issues may play a role in how they are able to acclimate/get used to the climate in the area in a area they moved to......for some, it may not work out.

Old 09-30-2017, 02:00 PM

4,369 posts, read 3,723,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauCharles View Post
Lived in Des Moines, Iowa for a couple years. In the winter you bundle up and go on about your business like everyone else. Took a couple extra minutes to get ready in the morning. Its really not that hard to get used to... well, for anyone with a spine that is.
Unless you work outside.

Old 09-30-2017, 03:48 PM

47 posts, read 36,623 times
Quote:
I am not white and I am no coward so I can't and won't leave but others are free to. It'll just make it cheaper for those of us who don't leave.
What does the fact you're not white have to do with anything?

Old 09-30-2017, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkhwkdwn View Post
What does the fact you're not white have to do with anything?
I'm Chinese so some Midwestern or southern driving a tractor might think red dawn is happening.

Old 09-30-2017, 07:08 PM

430 posts, read 335,474 times
Quote:
I'm Chinese so some Midwestern or southern driving a tractor might think red dawn is happening.
Jeez, I'm black and lived in boonies MN. The amount of ignorance is pathetic and people act like it's a whole new world when they find I, as a black man, *gasp* don't play basketball. They thought my wave brush was a horse brush, I had to explain picks, and don't get me started on their whole issue with me trying to get waves in and wearing a durag on hat day to protect them .

My white friends were dumbfounded by how I was treated, saying they couldn't believe how racist people could be in high school. I'm telling them 'since you're all white and the school is primarily white and the city is primarily white, I'm not remotely surprised you weren't exposed to a lot of racism.' Once they hung around me enough, it became clear there was an issue nobody wanted to address.

So to the person you're answering, Perma Bear, being white can have a LOT to do with where you'd choose to move. And this is why I'll never willingly move to that city. Hell, I got out one month after graduating high school and never looked back.

Old 09-30-2017, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Chris View Post
Jeez, I'm black and lived in boonies MN. The amount of ignorance is pathetic and people act like it's a whole new world when they find I, as a black man, *gasp* don't play basketball. They thought my wave brush was a horse brush, I had to explain picks, and don't get me started on their whole issue with me trying to get waves in and wearing a durag on hat day to protect them .

My white friends were dumbfounded by how I was treated, saying they couldn't believe how racist people could be in high school. I'm telling them 'since you're all white and the school is primarily white and the city is primarily white, I'm not remotely surprised you weren't exposed to a lot of racism.' Once they hung around me enough, it became clear there was an issue nobody wanted to address.

So to the person you're answering, Perma Bear, being white can have a LOT to do with where you'd choose to move. And this is why I'll never willingly move to that city. Hell, I got out one month after graduating high school and never looked back.
White people just don't understand.

Old 09-30-2017, 07:18 PM

10,351 posts, read 8,572,211 times
Quote:
White people just don't understand.
I think you're a racist. On many posts you've made fun of people in the south, people in the midwest, people of color, poor people, rich people.
I'm Chinese and live in the south now. My friends are black, some white rednecks, some white middle class, and a few asians.
Not sure what your problem is. Maybe it would be good for your mom to boot you from the basement and let you see the world. She's not doing you any favors based on all the stereotypical post you make.

Old 09-30-2017, 07:19 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
Well we live in a capitalist society, and California has and has always had a high demand for people wanting to live within the state. High cost of living with a high demand for jobs which will help cover it will create a large disparity between the haves and have nots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California