Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 11:51 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,748,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perma Bear View Post
Good for them, I hope millions leave.
*Wants millions of Californians to leave while replacing them with millions of illegals that are poor and might depend on government benefits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2017, 11:52 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Texas is still a land of opportunity and Harvey has not changed that. Houston is resilient and will bounce back. Greg Abbott and Sylvester Turner did not make the same mistakes of sitting on their behinds like Kathleen Blanco and Ray Nagin did after Katrina wreaked havoc on New Orleans.

Meanwhile Los Angeles has never recovered its can-do spirit of opportunity that it had before the riots, even as it has filled with new construction, and even as crime - while higher than it has been since Bush left office - is considerably lower than the '90s. It is no longer as much of a place where the American dream is built, while the Texas cities more than ever are where the American dream is taking shape before our eyes.

Old 09-30-2017, 11:55 PM

4,369 posts, read 3,724,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
*Wants millions of Californians to leave while replacing them with millions of illegals that are poor and might depend on government benefits.
As long as housing goes down I don't care if nk nukes us.

Old 09-30-2017, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Texas is still a land of opportunity and Harvey has not changed that. Houston is resilient and will bounce back. Greg Abbott and Sylvester Turner did not make the same mistakes of sitting on their behinds like Kathleen Blanco and Ray Nagin did after Katrina wreaked havoc on New Orleans.

Meanwhile Los Angeles has never recovered its can-do spirit of opportunity that it had before the riots, even as it has filled with new construction, and even as crime - while higher than it has been since Bush left office - is considerably lower than the '90s. It is no longer as much of a place where the American dream is built, while the Texas cities more than ever are where the American dream is taking shape before our eyes.
Housing prices and gdp per capita in Los Angeles disprove that.

Old 10-01-2017, 12:21 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Housing prices and gdp per capita in Los Angeles disprove that.
Per capita income in L.A. County is as low as in the ironically named Yolo County (the exact opposite of what that name suggests) and is less than all the other SoCal counties except for Riverside, San Bernardino, and Imperial. It is considerably less than Travis County, Texas (Austin) and is less than Harris County (Houston).

Old 10-01-2017, 12:24 AM

866 posts, read 319,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
It's certainly not foggy damp and cold in the summer in Sacramento, you must be confusing it with somewhere else
Sorry to confuse you. I was speaking of San Fransico and much of the Bay Area. The weather in Sacramento was mentioned so I understand the confusion. I will say though that the tule fog in winter can be brutal in Sacramento. Point is every place has it's drawbacks when it comes to weather.

Old 10-01-2017, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Per capita income in L.A. County is as low as in the ironically named Yolo County (the exact opposite of what that name suggests) and is less than all the other SoCal counties except for Riverside, San Bernardino, and Imperial. It is considerably less than Travis County, Texas (Austin) and is less than Harris County (Houston).
But it's grown, and median income has risen. There is economic growth out the wazoo

Old 10-01-2017, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXstate0fmind View Post
Sorry to confuse you. I was speaking of San Fransico and much of the Bay Area. The weather in Sacramento was mentioned so I understand the confusion. I will say though that the tule fog in winter can be brutal in Sacramento. Point is every place has it's drawbacks when it comes to weather.
The fog is extremely pleasant, it's like free air conditioning

Old 10-01-2017, 12:35 AM

866 posts, read 319,900 times
Quote:
The fog is extremely pleasant, it's like free air conditioning
Glad you like it.

I did not like an entire summer of fog living on 48th Avenue in SF or needing heavy jackets and blankets to attend baseball games in July in both San Francisco and Oakland.

Civilized areas build stadiums with retractable roofs.

Old 10-01-2017, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXstate0fmind View Post
Glad you like it.

I did not like an entire summer of fog living on 48th Avenue in SF or needing heavy jackets and blankets to attend baseball games in July in both San Francisco and Oakland.

Civilized areas build stadiums with retractable roofs.
Civilized areas don't need FEMA to rescue them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California