Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2020, 12:33 AM

6,498 posts, read 7,528,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolanders View Post
I have come to the same conclusion in my reading that illegals commit less violent/dangerous crimes. My opinion is that they are trying to stay off the radar.

I would like to give an easier path to becoming legal.
All one would need to do is look at border cities like San Diego, Laredo TX, El Paso to see that violent crime rates are low in cities that are likely to have illegal immigrants. I am not pro over visa stays or illegal crossings, but I am also not for painting these people out to be evil criminals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2020, 04:41 AM

456 posts, read 239,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
“Check and mate” what?

You want to continue the tangent? Your demand (illegal vs legal by simplistic definition) is without foundational relevance. Completely vacuous semantics. Your question is nullified as you present it because it lacks applicable context which actual law demands. Your admission of the equivalence to all people breaking laws nullifies your question. Meaningless sophistry. You want to pursue that with me? Open a new thread and link me up. This tangent is detracting from the core topic of violence.
Got it. Won't answer because in over his head again and proves his point incorrect again. At least it is plain to see for everyone.

The most ironic thing has to be the classification of someone as an illegal alien already uses the connotation of there term illegal and as was posted per the cautionary to commit a crime is to do something illegal thus the classification already shows it. The fact you 2 can't figure that out is amusing to most of us.

Funny how you seem to claim that you don't rant and rave and yet I can go to many threads where I have no posts and there you are ranting and raving and obsessed with someone else.

I know it not you it's the 20 or so of us that are the problem. Do continue to rant and rave in the other 5 or so active threads where you currently are.

For you claiming to be so smart and so knowledgeable it is amazing you can't answer the most simple of questions. All that other crap you posted is irrelevant. It is a simple question that any of us can easily answer. I could ask 100 other posters to answer it and all 100 could easily answer it. It is too complex for you to answer I guess.

Last edited by Bolanders; 01-16-2020 at 05:17 AM..

Old 01-16-2020, 07:39 AM

1,334 posts, read 1,673,410 times
Quote:
What am I missing? Illegal aliens have the highest crime rate in the US and it is not arguable. I would bet any amount of money on it.
"Not arguable" because you say so? And you know this how?

Yes, I'm a Dem. I don't know any Dems who are "in favor" of illegal immigration. What we'd like to see is fair, sensible, immigration laws instead of the racist policies we have now that are designed to provide an undocumented underclass of laborers for industries like crop picking and meat processing. That's the problem with "illegal" immigration, not the phony crime assertions from Mr Trump and his supporters.

Old 01-16-2020, 07:44 AM

26,719 posts, read 26,787,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Hey if it's useful for you, great.

If not, relax.
Why would it be "useful" to us?

You wrote when you left California:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
I have a lot of memories of California, mostly good, despite what I've written... But it's time to move on, for me. To those who stay, I wish you all the best (I really do)
You sure could have fooled us.

Old 01-16-2020, 09:09 AM

8,330 posts, read 2,960,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
That’s not what the thread is about.
14th most dangerous. Highest rate of welfare recipients, illegal aliens, and sidewalk poopers.

Old 01-16-2020, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Also unsupportable fiction I’m afraid. Studies and statistics demonstrate that illegals commit fewer crimes than natural born citizens. Would you like statistics?
Total BS. They commit crime at about double the rate. https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...tive-born-stu/

Old 01-16-2020, 09:33 AM

42,839 posts, read 26,247,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Total BS. They commit crime at about double the rate. https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...tive-born-stu/
Did you read the article? If so did you catch this?

Quote:
Mr. Lott said told The Times that the data belonged to Arizona and his agreement was that he wouldn’t give out the raw data without their approval.

Old 01-16-2020, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Source?
Crossing the border illegally isn’t a crime?

Old 01-16-2020, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Source?
Crossing the border illegally isn’t a crime? You need a “source” for that?!

Old 01-16-2020, 09:40 AM

21,727 posts, read 16,334,063 times
Quote:
Got it. Won't answer because in over his head again and proves his point incorrect again. At least it is plain to see for everyone.

The most ironic thing has to be the classification of someone as an illegal alien already uses the connotation of there term illegal and as was posted per the cautionary to commit a crime is to do something illegal thus the classification already shows it. The fact you 2 can't figure that out is amusing to most of us.

Funny how you seem to claim that you don't rant and rave and yet I can go to many threads where I have no posts and there you are ranting and raving and obsessed with someone else.

I know it not you it's the 20 or so of us that are the problem. Do continue to rant and rave in the other 5 or so active threads where you currently are.

For you claiming to be so smart and so knowledgeable it is amazing you can't answer the most simple of questions. All that other crap you posted is irrelevant. It is a simple question that any of us can easily answer. I could ask 100 other posters to answer it and all 100 could easily answer it. It is too complex for you to answer I guess.
Good morning bolanders. You are an interesting individual. I do not mean that as either a compliment or criticism. Just a curiosity. I have answered your question ... several times. As have a couple others answered you. The answers have not been handed to you in the simplistic form you appear obsessed with clarifying ... because the correct application of the answer is contextual. And you don’t appear capable of grasping that. The question is also off-topic. I’ll try to explain better while drawing context to the topic of California being / not being a dangerous state.

You have somehow selected the question of being pregnant or not pregnant as an equivalency. Which is rather bizarre in itself. Law is not so simplistic as pregnancy, or as simple as you wish to portray it. Law takes many mitigating factors into account and definition when deliberating meaning, intent, damages and resolutions. A medical diagnosis of pregnancy does not address any other issues as a necessary consideration.

Since this thread is ostensibly about violent danger, let’s use an example of homicide in law. There are degrees of homicide: 1st, premeditated; 2nd, not premeditated; 3rd, unintentional, manslaughter; ......... AND justifiable homicide. They are ALL: Homicide: the taking of another human life. They are NOT all a violation of law even though it is against the law to take a human life.

Prosecutors, judges and juries will all take mitigating factors into account as they apply meaning, deliberation and meting justice.

At the other end of the spectrum we might consider littering. It’s a crime. How it is evaluated criminally has to do with intent also. Did the perpetrator willfully discard the trash or did it fly out the bed of his truck? If it flew out of the bed of his truck, was he careless in not covering his load, or unaware it was even in the bed (i.e. was it a candy wrapper unknowingly thrown in by a passerby when parked).

So: is a person who justifiably kills another - a criminal?
Is a driver who did not know a passerby threw a wrapper in the back of his truck - a criminal?

Can you prove how and why any individual illegal came into the country?

If you can prove it of any individual illegal, can you extrapolate the finding to ALL illegals without individual investigations?

So, when I respond to your question by saying in essence: “it depends”, I do so because the meaningfulness of the question is in question contextually.

In the case of the thread topic, your question as you present it:
... is meaningless by being off topic

... is meaningless by lack of context in investigation and application

... is moot and made void by the admission you affirmed that, in fact, you and pretty much every citizen is also guilty of breaking various laws - yet would (mostly) not be deemed criminals by the state/nation.

Hope that cleared things up for you ... and especially that your fixation is not applicable to the topic of state violence (and even more especially in that you also admitted that you accept that illegals do NOT commit more violent crimes [topic] than citizens).

All that said: ranting. Ranting is exhaustively prosecuting / defending issues obsessively. Answering another’s ranting with explanations and straightforward corrections for the benefit of other readers - is not ranting. You have engaged in the former. I the latter.

Enjoy your day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California