Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2020, 10:23 AM

456 posts, read 240,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
That's not what I said,illegally crossing the border is a misdemeanor but you can't infer that every illegal alien present in the US illegally crossed the border, for example - visa overstays entered the US legally but when they remained after their visa expired they were violating a civil law; unlawful presence.
So overstaying a visa is illegal or legal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2020, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Can you prove how and why any individual illegal came into the country?

If you can prove it of any individual illegal, can you extrapolate the finding to ALL illegals without individual investigations?

So, when I respond to your question by saying in essence: “it depends”, I do so because the meaningfulness of the question is in question contextually.

In the case of the thread topic, your question as you present it:
... is meaningless by being off topic

... is meaningless by lack of context in investigation and application

... is moot and made void by the admission you affirmed that, in fact, you and pretty much every citizen is also guilty of breaking various laws - yet would (mostly) not be deemed criminals by the state/nation.

Hope that cleared things up for you ...
It cleared nothing up. I agree that many might not be deemed criminals by the state/nation. Irrelevant to other they committed a crime. When I broke a contract or sped I committed a crime (did something illegal or not legal within the framework of the agreement). Even if the state/nation cannot prove it it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

It doesn't depend. If I can't prove a woman is pregnant or not pregnant she still is one of the two regardless.

Topic about violent crime and I have little to add since I don't know many stats about violent crimes and illegals compared to legals.

Old 01-16-2020, 11:29 AM

21,738 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
How many posts do you have on this thread that have nothing to do with California being the 14th most dangerous state? I’d guess at least 20.
Yes. And pretty much every one of them is answering some other poster’s off topic commentary ... in which answers I attempt to bring the topic back to the thread subject.

Old 01-16-2020, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
So you do admit it’s a crime. Nobody would suggest it a violent one although illegal aliens have a violent crime rate at least double that of those that are here legally. And Ca will f the sanctuary state it is is looked down upon by much of the country because of that and other insane decisions made here by quack politicians.
Apparently you still have not read the thread contributions well. There is deep data demonstrating that illegals do NOT commit violent crime as much as citizens, let alone double the rate. Scroll back and read.

It is also not necessarily a crime to be in the US without documentation. It IS non-compliant with civil law. That is not always deemed “criminal”. Again, you need to scroll back and read thoroughly.

Finally, if you want to debate sanctuary cities policies and “quack” California politicians you should either join in on existing threads covering those topics ... or start a new one

Old 01-16-2020, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolanders View Post
It cleared nothing up. I agree that many might not be deemed criminals by the state/nation. Irrelevant to other they committed a crime. When I broke a contract or sped I committed a crime (did something illegal or not legal within the framework of the agreement). Even if the state/nation cannot prove it it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

It doesn't depend. If I can't prove a woman is pregnant or not pregnant she still is one of the two regardless.

Topic about violent crime and I have little to add since I don't know many stats about violent crimes and illegals compared to legals.
That is a condition of your psychology ...

Civil infractions are not necessarily criminal. Crimes by definition are all illegal acts. Not all non-legal actions are defined as criminal if they fall in civil categories. If you fail to conform to your terms of divorce you are in civil violation ... not typically in criminal violation.

Get over it. Move on. Violence is the issue. You have acknowledged illegals are not more violent. End of relevance.

Oh, and pregnancy has nothing to do with any of this. ‘Effing absurd.

Old 01-16-2020, 11:56 AM

2,284 posts, read 1,585,059 times
A higher unemployment rate equals more crime. Even an AI bot could answer that.
What's a bad sign is on the major streets of some very populated areas still have retail stores closed down, for over a year!!!. It is absurd but that is truth. I guess those let go are all doing gig type jobs.

Old 01-16-2020, 12:29 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,547,538 times
All of these people in Arizona, Texass, Alaska and Wyoming must lead really boring lives?

Either that, or, they're privately questioning their own wisdom in leaving California.

A lot of them are racist, and they won't admit it. Notice how they immediately brought up "illegal immigrants", which in their mind is a Trumpian way to say "Mexicans" without actually saying it.

Trump has emboldened many of them to find a scapegoat. And they've obliged.

Old 01-16-2020, 12:39 PM

1,203 posts, read 668,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Why would it be "useful" to us?

You wrote when you left California:

You sure could have fooled us.
This literally made my day. I haven't laughed this hard in awhile.

Time to move on! HAHAHAHHA

Old 01-16-2020, 12:56 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolanders View Post
So overstaying a visa is illegal or legal?
asked and answered, please read my prior posts.

Old 01-16-2020, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
asked and answered, please read my prior posts.
No you didn’t. It is one or the other. I learned long ago that if someone refuses to make a choice of the only 2 possibilities it is because they know their answer makes them look foolish. I guess that’s why I live in one of the richest areas in the US and well you dont

Now at least everyone knows how ridiculous your claims are. In other words you answered without answering. My 8 year does it all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California