Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2020, 10:08 AM

21,741 posts, read 16,361,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
I didn't bring up Wyoming, you did. Stop patting your own back Tule.

Wyoming, for sure. No doubt.
Yes, I brought up Wyoming for an obvious reason. And you brought up how much healthier you think it is financially. Lol.

Brain dead financial strength comparison. Completely braindead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2020, 10:10 AM

21,741 posts, read 16,361,136 times
Quote:
How many businesses do you think will be able to "bounce back" if they can't conduct business for the next 5-6 months?
Who said they won’t be able to conduct business for 5-6 more months? Oh CaliRestoration said!

Old 05-06-2020, 10:44 AM

102,217 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
How many businesses do you think will be able to "bounce back" if they can't conduct business for the next 5-6 months?
It's not clear yet, whether there's going to be a gradual opening of some businesses, and how that would work. That's one reason it's premature. Weren't smaller businesses supposed to be getting assistance through this thing? Some businesses have accessed those funds, and are paying their employees, even while they're closed.

Old 05-06-2020, 10:54 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,990,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Yes, I brought up Wyoming for an obvious reason. And you brought up how much healthier you think it is financially. Lol.

Brain dead financial strength comparison. Completely braindead.
It's funny you brought up Wyoming (by accident of course), because it's one of the most fiscally healthy states in the entire country.

https://www.truthinaccounting.org/li...S-Booklet-.pdf

Very little debt, ability to service debt is exceptional, and long term liabilities minimal (compared to other states). Standard and Poor's, which I'm sure you're familiar with since you're obviously a skilled investor , rates Wyoming bonds at AAA (extremely strong).

California on the other hand is merely rated at AA-, A- if we're talking about lease obligation bonds.

To put it another way...

If Wyoming were a person, he would be a low wage earner, say $35,000/year with about $35,000 in debt (car loan, school loans, etc). Wyoming would also have about $40,000 cash in the bank as a reserve account. Not exactly "balling out", but not exactly in danger of going bankrupt as long as things stay relatively the same. Also since Wyoming doesn't have to support a lot of free loaders in his house, or friends who may be staying his home illegally who contribute far less than any other member of his household, his finances stay relatively healthy.

If California were a person, he would be a high wage earner, around $250,000 a year, but with $1.5 million in outstanding debt (and growing). Not only that, California has to go to daddy to sometimes get loans to keep from going insolvent, and just recently got a loan of up to $10,000 from daddy. California claims it has about $20,000 in reserve, but no one knows where it is, and even if it's still there especially since California keeps giving away $8,000/year to its undocumented friend no strings attached.

So in a nutshell, there's a reason the bond rating agencies rank California below Wyoming when it comes to fiscal health.

I'm glad you brought up Wyoming.

Old 05-06-2020, 10:57 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,184,606 times
Quote:
It's funny you brought up Wyoming (by accident of course), because it's one of the most fiscally healthy states in the entire country.

https://www.truthinaccounting.org/li...S-Booklet-.pdf

Very little debt, ability to service debt is exceptional, and long term liabilities minimal (compared to other states). Standard and Poor's, which I'm sure you're familiar with since you're obviously a skilled investor , rates Wyoming bonds at AAA (extremely strong).

California on the other hand is merely rated at AA-, A- if we're talking about lease obligation bonds.

To put it another way...

If Wyoming were a person, he would be a low wage earner, say $35,000/year with about $35,000 in debt (car loan, school loans, etc). Wyoming would also have about $40,000 cash in the bank as a reserve account. Not exactly "balling out", but not exactly in danger of going bankrupt as long as things stay relatively the same. Also since Wyoming doesn't have to support a lot of free loaders in his house, or friends who may be staying his home illegally who contribute far less than any other member of his household, his finances stay relatively healthy.

If California were a person, he would be a high wage earner, around $250,000 a year, but with $1.5 million in outstanding debt (and growing). Not only that, California has to go to daddy to sometimes get loans to keep from going insolvent, and just recently got a loan of $10,000 from daddy. California claims it has about $20,000 in reserve, but no one knows where it is, and even if it's still there especially since California keeps giving away $8,000/year to its undocumented friend no strings attached.

So in a nutshell, there's a reason the bond rating agencies rank California below Wyoming when it comes to fiscal health.

I'm glad you brought up Wyoming.
Now that’s a great analogy

Old 05-06-2020, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Who said they won’t be able to conduct business for 5-6 more months? Oh CaliRestoration said!
Uh no.

Newsom said!

Quote:
"Stage 3 is months, not weeks away." - Gavin Newsom, April 28th

Old 05-06-2020, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It's not clear yet, whether there's going to be a gradual opening of some businesses, and how that would work. That's one reason it's premature. Weren't smaller businesses supposed to be getting assistance through this thing? Some businesses have accessed those funds, and are paying their employees, even while they're closed.
The SBA ran out of funds very quickly on the national level. As someone who still has many connections in the California business community, I know many small business owners did not get funds from the SBA before they ran out, and those that did only got enough money to float them for MAYBE another 60 days.

Old 05-06-2020, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Now that’s a great analogy
Those are the only ones I have.

Old 05-06-2020, 11:16 AM

19,221 posts, read 16,705,467 times
Quote:
The barrage of negativity isn't made up. Do you think it's made up? Maybe that's why you're confused. Do you think California has any problems? Do you think it has the "same problems" as other states?
I'm not confused about anything. Never have I ever said California doesn't have problems. What I don't do is post all the negative aspects on a regular basis. Not like you, CR. Not only that, you don't even live here anymore. If I'm confused about anything it's that. People usually move on with their life once they leave their former home. But the fact is, you're not here to inform the masses of what might be coming down the pike. You're only here to stir the pot and get people riled, which I will add you do very nicely.

Still, during this time that's incredibly stressful on everyone in this country, it doesn't bother your conscience to come here and try to irritate people. A decent person doesn't do things like that. What a shame.

Old 05-06-2020, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
You're only here to stir the pot and get people riled, which I will add you do very nicely.
(
Why would people get riled up if there isn't truth attached to what I'm saying?

If what I'm saying is false, and holds no value, why do you (and multiple other people) even give me the time of day? That's seems curious to me. When I'm on a messageboard (here and other websites), I generally avoid threads that have no value or are full of fluff.

You must think there is something of value here to post... what.... 3 times now?

Quote:
Still, during this time that's incredibly stressful on everyone in this country, it doesn't bother your conscience to come here and try to irritate people. A decent person doesn't do things like that. What a shame.
Shaming arguments are generally ineffective. Especially when preceded by an emotional appeal. Like I said, if there was no truth to what I'm saying, you wouldn't be trying so hard to stop me from saying it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California