Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2020, 11:22 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,280,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I'm not confused about anything. Never have I ever said California doesn't have problems. What I don't do is post all the negative aspects on a regular basis. Not like you, CR. Not only that, you don't even live here anymore. If I'm confused about anything it's that. People usually move on with their life once they leave their former home. But the fact is, you're not here to inform the masses of what might be coming down the pike. You're only here to stir the pot and get people riled, which I will add you do very nicely.

Still, during this time that's incredibly stressful on everyone in this country, it doesn't bother your conscience to come here and try to irritate people. A decent person doesn't do things like that. What a shame.
Some people had to leave the state because they didn’t like it or couldn’t cut it and needed a lower cost of living area. Those people can get bitter and envious.

Those people also try to convince others they’re well off when they’re actually struggling. It’s the internet. You can say anything but it doesn’t make it true.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2020, 11:22 AM

19,221 posts, read 16,705,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Why would people get riled up if there isn't truth attached to what I'm saying?
Two reasons. One has to do with the person reading and their personality. There are those who just hate it if you say anything bad about their state. Much like saying bad things about your parents. You can say anything you want, but nobody else better say anything.

Second of all, right now things are a little tense and people (who aren't usually over emotional) will be because of the current situation.

Seriously, CR. smh

Old 05-06-2020, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Some people had to leave the state because they didn’t like it or couldn’t cut it and needed a lower cost of living area. Those people can get bitter and envious.

Those people also try to convince others they’re well off when they’re actually struggling. It’s the internet. You can say anything but it doesn’t make it true.

Very true, Mike.

Old 05-06-2020, 11:25 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,990,256 times
Quote:
Two reasons. One has to do with the person reading and their personality. There are those who just hate it if you say anything bad about their state. Much like saying bad things about your parents. You can say anything you want, but nobody else better say anything.

Second of all, right now things are a little tense and people (who aren't usually over emotional) will be because of the current situation.

Seriously, CR. smh
I understand the first reason, that's called "homerism". I don't really consider it a logical rational, but I get it.

The second one only happens if people are confronted by uncomfortable truths.

Do you think people should avoid uncomfortable truths HereOnMars? I didn't take you for the type to be honest.

Newsom is crushing the California economy right now. Tens of thousands of people are losing their incomes and many will have to go homeless.

Do you think he's handling this situation well?

Old 05-06-2020, 11:29 AM

Quote:

But deep down, you know what I'm saying is true, that's why you've posted 3 times in this thread. I look forward to your continuing participation.

Old 05-06-2020, 11:31 AM

Quote:
I understand the first reason, that's called "homerism". I don't really consider it a logical rational, but I get it.

The second one only happens if people are confronted by uncomfortable truths.

Do you think people should avoid uncomfortable truths HereOnMars? I didn't take you for the type to be honest.
Of course, people should always face the truth. Hiding your head in the sand can and will be very detrimental. I just don't see how it's vital to point out weakness in the state at this very moment. We already know we're facing a huge financial loss and there's a lot of information our state is hiding. Not sure if it's to protect us or them but right now I don't care. I'm just trying to do what everyone else is and that's stay safe.

I'm shocked that you would think I'm not an honest person. Wow.

Old 05-06-2020, 11:35 AM

130,351 posts, read 12,118,417 times
Quote:
I'm not confused about anything. Never have I ever said California doesn't have problems. What I don't do is post all the negative aspects on a regular basis. Not like you, CR. Not only that, you don't even live here anymore. If I'm confused about anything it's that. People usually move on with their life once they leave their former home. But the fact is, you're not here to inform the masses of what might be coming down the pike. You're only here to stir the pot and get people riled, which I will add you do very nicely.

Still, during this time that's incredibly stressful on everyone in this country, it doesn't bother your conscience to come here and try to irritate people. A decent person doesn't do things like that. What a shame.

Well said, Mars

Old 05-06-2020, 11:42 AM

Quote:
We already know we're facing a huge financial loss and there's a lot of information our state is hiding.
It's not a huge loss, it's astronomical, almost unprecendented. We're talking about potentially 60% of California small businesses being shuttered by August 2020. Kaput, never to come back, gone.

Now, because of homerism, people are trying their best to ignore it (I'm glad you're not ignoring it apparently), why should we ignore it, and not talk about it?

This seems like something that should be (respectfully) talked about, wouldn't you agree?

Old 05-06-2020, 11:43 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,280,482 times
Quote:
But deep down, you know what I'm saying is true, that's why you've posted 3 times in this thread. I look forward to your continuing participation.
Thank you!

Oh, I believe you. I really do. I mean, what possible reason would you have for lying?

Old 05-06-2020, 12:16 PM

Quote:
I mean, what possible reason would you have for lying?
Exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California