Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best place to live in California?
Beverly Hills 0 0%
Newport Beach 17 100.00%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2020, 09:39 AM

49 posts, read 30,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
Wildfires would be a concern in Beverly Hills as well. They could easily come down the hillside.

All of the other communities I've mentioned have the type of mansions you'll find in Beverly Hills or even nicer. Most of them are near the water which is a plus vs Beverly Hills. Those that are not along the water feel more exclusive to me because they have more space and aren't too crowded.
My understanding was LA > OC? Can you give me a breakdown of Newport Beach v. Beverly Hills? Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2020, 09:40 AM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times
Quote:
Wildfires would be a concern in Beverly Hills as well. They could easily come down the hillside.
Could sure as its in a possibility but they never do, especially compared to Malibu which seems to have a devastating wildfire every few years. When was the last time you heard of a wildfire in BH?

Old 06-25-2020, 09:43 AM

4,315 posts, read 6,277,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Could sure as its in a possibility but they never do, especially compared to Malibu which seems to have a devastating wildfire every few years. When was the last time you heard of a wildfire in BH?
There was a major fire in Bel Air (which is adjacent to Beverly Hills): https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...angeleno-hotel

Old 06-25-2020, 09:46 AM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times
Quote:
There was a major fire in Bel Air (which is adjacent to Beverly Hills): https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...angeleno-hotel
Ok? Bel-Air is entirely in the Santa Monica mountains/foothills while vast majority of BH is not and in the flatlands. I don't ever recall hearing about a wildfire in BH.

Old 06-25-2020, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Hawt View Post
My understanding was LA > OC? Can you give me a breakdown of Newport Beach v. Beverly Hills? Thank you
Just my personal observations in having visited both communities. For me, its just about the overall lifestyle. I think it would be tough to beat Newport if you can afford certain areas (tip of Balboa Peninsula, home with a view on Newport Coast down to Laguna Beach). You can't get that in Beverly Hills.

Old 06-25-2020, 09:55 AM

49 posts, read 30,585 times
Quote:
Just my personal observations in having visited both communities. For me, its just about the overall lifestyle. I think it would be tough to beat Newport if you can afford certain areas (tip of Balboa Peninsula, home with a view on Newport Coast down to Laguna Beach). You can't get that in Beverly Hills.
You have sparked my interest in Newport Beach. Please tell me more. I thought Beverly Hills was the crème de la crème in California?

Old 06-25-2020, 09:58 AM

Quote:
You have sparked my interest in Newport Beach. Please tell me more. I thought Beverly Hills was the crème de la crème in California?
https://www.ocregister.com/2019/08/3...ewport-harbor/

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...7_M12721-89898

Old 06-25-2020, 10:00 AM

2,209 posts, read 1,780,099 times
Quote:
It is viewed that way because of the famous people who live there or did.

Newport beach has as many and is on the coast, beautiful beaches, a great bay, islands in it and better air since they are at the beach. Now things to do are different for sure. If you want a "high End" type of environment then BH. If you want the beach, a more laid back environment and be close to a LOT of things to do, then Newport, though you will also deal with tourists. Each is totally different, but I would chose Newport over BH any day.

Old 06-25-2020, 10:04 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Malibu is cool but wildfires are a concern. Newport Beach is cool but it's not on the same level as Beverly Hills. Can you tell me why you think those places are better than Beverly Hills? Thank you.
Is there a reason you're focussed on SoCal? Is it the 90210 you're after? Prestigious zip code? Because NorCal is full of high QOL locales & natural beauty.

Old 06-25-2020, 10:05 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,274,087 times
Quote:
Only in Beverley Hills Cop.

The original, not the awful sequels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California