Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2023, 11:12 AM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Oh no, I saw your location. You're apparently in your feels because of OP's quips so I figured you have a second home in Texas or Georgia.
Because I pointed out the obvious? Or at least I thought it was... That's quite the leap there.

So what exaclty did you think the OP was implying?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2023, 11:23 AM

12,807 posts, read 9,532,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Because I pointed out the obvious? Or at least I thought it was... That's quite the leap there.

So what exaclty did you think the OP was implying?
Definitely had a tone of "well well well, look who's back." He's pointing out the obvious imo. Was there a light jab towards Texas? Maybe, idk. Not worth people from Idaho and Georgia shouting down our state though, but par for the course.

But hey, maybe it's a good exercise. Want to head to the Iowa forum and poke fun at their winters?

Old 03-02-2023, 11:49 AM

6,116 posts, read 12,588,476 times
Quote:
Definitely had a tone of "well well well, look who's back." He's pointing out the obvious imo. Was there a light jab towards Texas? Maybe, idk. Not worth people from Idaho and Georgia shouting down our state though, but par for the course.

But hey, maybe it's a good exercise. Want to head to the Iowa forum and poke fun at their winters?
As I said ... people who live in glass houses.

Your top forums:

Top Forums
General U.S.: 4620
City vs. City: 3455
Real Estate: 575
Seattle area: 462
Denver: 282

Old 03-02-2023, 12:09 PM

1,203 posts, read 666,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post
Its also possible that people have grown tired of the echo chamber in here (the CA forum and sub forums). The inability to see anything of value past the boarder from certain users is tiring. Yes - I understand there is ample CA hate out there, and defenses are high, but people in here live in the countries biggest glass house and throw boulders, then get defensive when there are challengers.
Really? The posters on the CA forum go out to the Texas forums and throw boulders about what a dumpster flyover state it is? I doubt it. Can you please show me proof of that?

Meanwhile, people from all over the country come in here specifically to trash CA.

Old 03-02-2023, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Also, I used to work for Dell and am grateful for my time there. However, nothing about Dell is innovative other than their business model, which isn't actually something Michael invented. Dell also benefited from years of tax breaks from Round Rock. Not saying Dell hasn't been great for Central Texas, but innovation wasn't Dell's strength. Cheap computers and acquisitions were.
Yep. Agree entirely. It was a great business model, which definitely qualifies as innovate. But the actual computer technology developed was nothing extraordinary.

Old 03-02-2023, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Actually, I think quite a bit still live in California. Or have second homes here.
Depends on if it's for movies or TV. NYC does a ton of TV content.

Old 03-02-2023, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad debt View Post
Yep. Agree entirely. It was a great business model, which definitely qualifies as innovate. But the actual computer technology developed was nothing extraordinary.
I'm in software sales now. Even that's commoditized, but the inside of an HP, Dell, IBM, etc, there's not a lot of difference. Michael had a great business model, that yes, you could consider innovative at the time. But he wasn't splitting the atom or doing AI

Old 03-02-2023, 01:55 PM

3,429 posts, read 1,558,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad debt View Post
Really? The posters on the CA forum go out to the Texas forums and throw boulders about what a dumpster flyover state it is? I doubt it. Can you please show me proof of that?

Meanwhile, people from all over the country come in here specifically to trash CA.
Agree 100% and I too would love to see some proof of that (and I have frequented that forum quite a bit). There's absolutely no comparison between the two.

Old 03-02-2023, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post
As I said ... people who live in glass houses.

Your top forums:

Top Forums
General U.S.: 4620
City vs. City: 3455
Real Estate: 575
Seattle area: 462
Denver: 282
perfect. Thank you for making my argument for me. General US/city vs city is where I go for comparisons, and yes to talk about other areas of the country. Real estate? Yes, because I am interested in real estatee and will start investing.

Denver/Seattle? Lived there. Now, go ahead and look at what I post there. I also visit the Dallas, Portland, Nova, and Chicago forums among others. I don't go to trash their subdivisions, downtown districts or companies though. That I'm aware of anyway. IF there are any posts where I'm trashing their city on their site, that's definitely on me.

Ironic enough, I probably do have less than 200 posts in here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California