Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 10:27 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,356,633 times

Advertisements

Forgot these guys:

Julia Roberts while filming Erin Brockovich
John Travolta while filming Swordfish
Robin Williams while filming a movie in Taft and in Moorpark
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2009, 07:30 AM

1,069 posts, read 3,272,952 times
In my area they are just like pools or tennis courts “every house has got one”!!

Old 08-15-2009, 08:22 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,958,238 times
Lon Chaney Jr. was our neighbor in Capistrano Beach. He and my Dad used to knock back the booze on a regular basis. He'd decorate the **** out of his house for Halloween, and was a very generous man with the treats. He'd also buy all the fruitcakes I had to sell for our local Boy Scout troop Christmas fundraiser. I was the only boy who didn't have to go door-to-door to sell the cakes.

It pays to know Hollywood people.

Old 08-15-2009, 08:54 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,492,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanaddict View Post
I was wondering just how many actors and actresses any of you have met or live by there in California and if so who?
My neighbors growing up and in my youth and young adulthood were John Wayne, Andy Devine, Jayne Wyman (next door neighbor), James Arness, David Rose and the Bergens. Met them all. Roy Rogers and Dale Evans summered on our island and I used to play with their children so I knew them as well.

Later I met Dennis Weaver and Dick Clark. I was so pleased that in person, he, Dick, actually looked his age. Jane Kulp (Beverly Hillbillies) was a sweetheart, Polly Bergen I didn't like, nor did I like Louis Nye but Candace Bergen was lovely and kind.

Thanks to the Newlywed Game, which the ex and I won after being married a whole six weeks following my two years overseas, we also met Bob Eubanks, the MC, and Chuck Barris, the producer in his first-ever appearance on the show.

I also appeared on the quasi-investigative show, American Journal, twice in 1994 about a senior fraud ring I uncovered and we did filmed stings on so I got to know their investigative reporters. Ultimately, people went to prison in several states. Mission Accomplished!

I know there are others but I'll have to plead senior moments!

Old 08-16-2009, 07:55 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times
lived in CA for 34 years and never met one.

Old 02-15-2010, 09:53 PM

7 posts, read 31,897 times
Has anyone every meet or seen Steve Perry (singer) from Journey?I think he lives in California somewhere.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:19 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,699,831 times
When I worked at Whole Foods Market in Monterey, Clint Eastwood and Dean Stockwell each asked me where certain grocery items were located.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:24 AM

725 posts, read 3,015,563 times
Actors:
- Donald Faison (Scrubs, Clueless) and Maia Campbell (Moesha) - while they filmed "Trippin" at my high school many years ago. Naomi Campbell was also there during filming but I did not meet her. My only memory of Donald and Maia was that they smoked... ironically they put out a "no smoking" psa on Clueless some time after that.
- Jenna Leigh Green (Sabrina) - cast signing after Wicked at the Pantages Theatre. She played Nessa the night I was there, but she talked about how she was going to be Elphaba the next night.
- saw Darryl Stephens (Noahs Arc) while at Here in West Hollywood.
- spoke to Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) via phone at my old job; he was a company client. My communication was mostly with his assistant though.
- met Audrey Hepburn's son while at my old job, also a company client

Reality Tv:
- Brian Friedman (So You Think You Can Dance, judge) - while checking into our hotel at The Mirage, Las Vegas.
- Ruthie Alcaide (Real World Hawaii) - while at Here in West Hollywood a few years ago. She (accidentally) burned my best friend with her cigarrette.
- Jasmie Trias (American Idol) - when she did a small concert at Rage in West Hollywood.
- Camile Velasco (American Idol) - she showed up to my friend's birthday party in Pasadena. She's down to earth. She took a whole bowl of Starbursts lol.
- saw/noticed Anthony Fedorov (American Idol) at Dave & Busters in Irvine but I didn't really care to go up to him.

Athletes:
- I knew a few classmates that went on to the NFL and WNBA, if that counts.

I can't remember who else... shrug*

Old 02-16-2010, 09:38 AM

2,654 posts, read 5,467,791 times
I've seen a quite a few celebs, but the only actor I had any substantail interaction with was Perry King. He was the celeb spokesman for a charity I did some volunteer work with. Heck of a nice guy.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:04 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,590,972 times
Default In Long Beach California and Tulsa Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanaddict View Post
I was wondering just how many actors and actresses any of you have met or live by there in California and if so who?

Who
Have you gone to school with them?
Do you live by them if so where?
Are you good friends with them?
Did you grow up with them?
In 1978 when I was transferred to Long Beach California in the Coast
Guard I met the legendary JIM BROWN the best running back in NFL
History and a Hollywood Actor who starred in a movie with RAQUEL
WELCH which had the first Interracial Love Scene.Jim Brown will be
the only Professional Sports Figure and Actor that's I will talk about
meeting during my brief stay in the LA Metro Area in 1977 to 1979.
I met JIM BROWN outside of a Night Club in Hollywood California.
Jim Brown - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the 1960's The Wilson Brother (who) are the GAP BAND grew
up around the corner from where my family lived "Newton Street"
(Tulsa Oklahoma) Charlie , Ronnie And Robert Wilson their's
father Was A Holiness Preacher , but the Boys got into RB &
Soul & Funk Music and had several Number 1 Hits becoming
Award Winning Golden and Platinum Selling Artists. Robert
Wilson would come to our house and Practice for Hours On
End on my Mother Piano and we boys thought that it was
strange Him Not Playing Football , Basketball and Baseball
with us. The Gap Band - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I temporary moved back to Tulsa Oklahoma from California
in 1988 to 1990 for a year and a half , during that time i
attended Carlton Pearson Church Carlton Pearson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Carman was a member of Carlton Pearson Church and
a Gold and Platinum Christian Gospel Recording Artist
at that time and i remember sitting by him several
times when the Church was preparing for Prison
Ministries Trips. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carman_(singer

Wayman Tisdale belonged to my Mothers Church were he
played bass for the Friendship Baptist Church Choir , and i
remember seeing him everytine that i came home to visit
my family on Sundays Morning in Tulsa Oklahoma...A Great
Guy!!!!
Wayman Tisdale - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California