Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 10:58 AM

4,901 posts, read 3,361,298 times

Advertisements

Met Kirsten Bell (from the Veronica Mars TV series) and Sam Huntington (Superman Returns) while on 4th of July vacation in Catalina.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 04:54 PM

405 posts, read 1,345,900 times
Steve Perry is from the San Joaquin Valley here... primarily Hanford... is around quite a bit and the nicest guy you'd ever want to meet. Can't figure out why he and Journey can't get past the b.s. and tour again.

Old 02-18-2010, 06:11 PM

2,145 posts, read 5,071,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanaddict View Post
I was wondering just how many actors and actresses any of you have met or live by there in California and if so who?

Who
Have you gone to school with them?
Do you live by them if so where?
Are you good friends with them?
Did you grow up with them?
Andie McDowell-she and her family [prior to divorce]lived near missoula,mt,and i served her in a restaurant more htan once. she was pregnat with her third at that time. she and her family were extremely beautiful,yet extremely polite and nice. and friendly./normal. She was even more beautiful in person,i have to say.
it was funny,b/c other patrons would say 'hey that woman looks like AM' b/c in MT,at that time,you would just see people who *looked* like celebs,not usually the celebs themselves.

Huey Lewis took a rafting trip and had it catered from the bakery i worked for there,too.

Laurie Anderson-met her in person in san diego,while volunteering for a show that she donated her perfromance to. she's very kind/down to earth.

'Waited on' lots of celebs in a ski resort town-brooke shields,michael keaton,clint eastwood,demi and bruce,etc. Keaton was kind of a d*ck,but could have just been that one night.

there are a rew other sightings,but nothing very interesting,so i'll leave it at that.

Old 02-18-2010, 06:46 PM

16 posts, read 81,297 times
i met richard simmons at LAX he insisted we take a picture together and then he gave me a kiss on the cheek! it reminded me of my grandmother!

Old 02-18-2010, 07:39 PM

222 posts, read 862,843 times
My parents were patrons of TUTS (Theatre Under The Stars) in Vancouver, B.C. so I met a few of them as a lad like Jackie Collins, Robert Goulet, Sarah Lawrence, and so forth.

Met Hopalong Cassidy outside his home while my parents were vacationing in Palm Springs or Palm Desert. Was probably 7 or 8 then.

Efrem Zimbalist, Jr came up to me at Carmel Beach when I was 9 or 10 years old. He knew my mother, and just wanted someone to talk to for a bit. Didn't know who he was until I told my mom later.

Spent a lot of time with Jean Arthur as she was also a family friend when we lived in Carmel. She was older then, and drove a Jaguar XJ6. Her home was right at the corner of Ocean View Ave and Scenic Drive (south jct). She'd shoo people away from her private beach area out in front.

I met Allison Parks, who was Playmate of the Year, in 1966. She and her SO were staying at the Carmel Valley Inn which my parents managed. Her SO was a muscular and friendly guy with blonde hair, but can't recall his name. Anyway, they invited me and a family friend to join them on a short airplane ride out of Carmel Valley airport. Allison was a very kind, gracious, and attractive woman. Never saw her again after they left.

Also, ran into Kirk Douglas inside the restroom at Monterey Peninsula Airport. He was on his way out while I was entering. We just nodded to one another. That was in the late '60s.

Old 02-19-2010, 07:24 AM

725 posts, read 3,014,631 times
Adding...

- Christopher Gorham (Ugly Betty, Popular) and his wife Anel Lopez Gorham (Popular) during a signing at a former job of mine... this was during the "Popular" days.
- Cybill Shepard also at a signing at former job.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:13 AM

2,437 posts, read 8,184,079 times
Are we talking about famous people in general or just actors/actresses?... And we talking about MEETING them, canversing with them face-to-face, or just seeing them and/or greeting them?

My general celebrity sightings include:
Orville Redenbacher- I was a doorman for a few years in the building he lived in. He was SOOO NICE and he used to give me free popcorn and old magazines to read while I sat there all night.
Ronald Reagan - Saw him drive by with his whole motorcade when he was president (does that count?)
Ben Stiller - I was buying fruit at a market in Kauai and noticed he was in line in right front of me. We tried greet him like normal people without sounding stupid or being unnecessarily aloof. He seemed friendly enough, but he was busy shopping for fruit (as were we).
Gregory Peck - I went to a play at his La Jolla playhouse and he sat right in front of us. We did not speak to him though. (does that count?)
Steve Garvey - I waited in line for hours one day when I was a kid and got him to sign my baseball. I sure wish I could find it now.
Chuck Woolery - I went on his show, 'The Love Connection'. We was very professional but not all that warm. Hard to tell though since it was really just another day on the job for him.
Pat Simmons (of the Doobie Brothers) - he was a college roommate of my dad's and we bumped into him in an airport one day. He was really friendly and seemed genuinely happy to see us as well.
Faith No More (Hard Rock Band) - I can't remember their names at all, but the whole band was there because I called into a radio station and won a free lunch with them. I drew a caricature of their bass player on the wall of the restaurant and then he signed it.
Matthew Modine - he came to have coffee on the patio of a restaurant I worked at. He asked one of the waitresses out but she said no. Otherwise he seemed like a pretty down to earth guy. He was a pretty well-know actor at that time (late 80's) though not so much now.
David Silverman ('The Simpsons' Director) - Came to my college and gave a seminar. I stayed around for a bit afterward and talked to him about how to break into animation. He was very knowledgeable and genuinely encouraging in his advice to me, though I never did do much about it.

Additionally, I had the opportunity to work on the crew of the movie TITANIC for a couple of months, where I met many famous actors and crew-members, including: Leonardo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet, Billy Zane, Arnold Schwartzenegger, Josh McLaglen, Lohn Landau, and James Cameron.
On the set, they all seemed really professional and really busy and really not interested in chatting. I got to go to one of their cast & crew parties one night and when I left all I could think was, 'man I never want to be in this business full-time'. So I left LA and got into software in the SF Bay Area. Since then, the most famous people I've met have been computer nerds, which are usually a lot more interesting in person than movie stars.

Oh yeah, and probably my favorite ever was just last summer... We went hiking up in the mountains near Leadville, CO and we saw Lance Armstrong cycle past us on the trail. Sure, it was part of a well-known Mtn. Bike race, but no one else was around us or him so it felt like a bonafide sighting. Obviously, he was too busy to chat but my sister swears he gave her a 'look'. Who knows... He won the race by a over a half hour.

Last edited by treedonkey; 02-19-2010 at 10:40 AM..

Old 02-21-2010, 01:06 AM
R66

145 posts, read 419,761 times
As a one time curb painter from 1989-1996...

Painted curbs all over. From the SF Valley to BH, BA, to Santa Minica...

It would take me an hour to type it up...

Old 02-21-2010, 10:37 AM

7,372 posts, read 16,015,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R66 View Post
As a one time curb painter from 1989-1996...

Painted curbs all over. From the SF Valley to BH, BA, to Santa Minica...

It would take me an hour to type it up...
Just include the juicy stories.

Old 02-21-2010, 11:13 AM

231 posts, read 640,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
Met Kirsten Bell (from the Veronica Mars TV series)
Interesting enough when that show was still on air they used a house my family rents in Pacific Beach to shoot inside for the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California