Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2009, 02:31 PM

807 posts, read 1,303,576 times

Advertisements

Sent in my Absentee ballot for the Special Election.. Voted NO all the way down the line.. The special election itself seems wasteful and does little to solve the real problems facing California..

Also, if the California Teacher's Association is behind something, it usually means it's not a good proposition.. More more to our underperforming state schools.

Old 05-03-2009, 02:34 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,136,825 times
I just received my vote by mail ballot yesterday. I'm going to fill it out later today and mail it tomorrow.

I'm voting the straight NO party ticket.

We should start a No Party. Let's tell the state government that their spending party is over. Let's send them the message that we're tired of these bull**it propositions that are trying to trick us into giving them more money or letting them spend more money. No more party!

Old 05-03-2009, 02:35 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,399,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
Also, if the California Teacher's Association is behind something, it usually means it's not a good proposition.. More more to our underperforming state schools.
I know a lady...nice lady...sexy too. She teaches Kindergarden. She earns $89,000 a year for 9 months work. WOW.

Old 05-03-2009, 02:41 PM

That's why I'm so angry about spending money on schools. It isn't "for the children." It's "for the teachers."

Old 05-03-2009, 02:48 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,229,470 times
Sacramento Bee editorial today kind of agrees with you here:

Legislative leaders knew that any well-financed campaign against the delicate package could sink the whole thing...The entire architecture of the ballot pact that emerged was heavily shaped by leaders' desire to please – or at least neutralize – the state's most powerful political players.

For the teachers union, the list of ballot measures includes a separate measure to ensure repayment of deep cuts to schools and protections for top-priority programs. The California Teachers Association has contributed $7 million to the passage of Propositions 1A and 1B.

California ballot package caters to special interests - Sacramento News - Local and Breaking Sacramento News | Sacramento Bee (http://www.sacbee.com/topstories/story/1829631.html - broken link)

Old 05-03-2009, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoca View Post
sacramento bee editorial today kind of agrees with you here:

legislative leaders knew that any well-financed campaign against the delicate package could sink the whole thing...the entire architecture of the ballot pact that emerged was heavily shaped by leaders' desire to please – or at least neutralize – the state's most powerful political players.

for the teachers union, the list of ballot measures includes a separate measure to ensure repayment of deep cuts to schools and protections for top-priority programs. The california teachers association has contributed $7 million to the passage of propositions 1a and 1b.

california ballot package caters to special interests - sacramento news - local and breaking sacramento news | sacramento bee (http://www.sacbee.com/topstories/story/1829631.html - broken link)
vote no no no no no no !!!

Old 05-03-2009, 06:02 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,495,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludachris View Post
The last three posts have some suggestions on cutting spending - who will package them up into a proposed bill?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
I would if I knew how. I don't know how to do that.
Well, having done it for the better part of 17 years, I know how. But Happ won't let me because I'm leaving California for good this summer and a lifetime ago I was a registered Republican.

Old 05-03-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Well, having done it for the better part of 17 years, I know how. But Happ won't let me because I'm leaving California for good this summer and a lifetime ago I was a registered Republican.
What? or rather, WHAT!

Old 05-04-2009, 01:38 AM

32 posts, read 98,018 times
For 1D,E,F, I'm leaning towards Yes.

I'm not really adept at all the political language so here's what I think these things are saying:

1D - "First five" commission has 2.5 billion in unspent funds, give some of that money up, so that we can balance the budget.

1E - Move some money from a mental health program to another mental health program so that we can balance the budget.

1F - slapping the wrist of the politicians

Old 05-04-2009, 11:21 AM

1D will allow the state to steal money from the children's services fund.

1E will allow the state to steal money from the mental health services fund.

It's about the same thing as the way they currently steal from the gasoline taxes instead of using them to pay for road maintenance and improvement.

The more money you let these guys have their hands on the more money they are going to blow, and we taxpayers will have to make up the difference.

You should vote the straight NO party line. No more party for our legislators.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California