Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you move from Vancouver to Seattle if you could live in both Canada and the US without any res
Yes 38 55.07%
No 31 44.93%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 07:02 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,582,425 times

Advertisements

I would not leave the worst hole in Canada to move to the USA. There are just too many things I really don't like about the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2013, 07:05 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,507,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
I would not leave the worst hole in Canada to move to the USA. There are just too many things I really don't like about the country.
Name 3.
(Just curious)
I'm not going to get all USA! USA! patriotic on you or anything.

Old 05-15-2013, 07:59 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,329,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberated in TO View Post
And this thread is pretty much proof that Canadians are incapable of objectively evaluating what living in the United States is actually like. All the benefits are immediately dismissed and the conversation always shifts back to healthcare.
That would be incorrect. I lived in the US, so I know exactly what it's like.
I wouldn't move back for all the tea in China, and I really like tea.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
That would be incorrect. I lived in the US, so I know exactly what it's like.
Whats it like?

Old 05-15-2013, 08:07 PM

I didn't like the crime, the violence, the gangs, the gun culture, the nightly drive-bys, the healthcare, the political divisiveness, the evangelical influence, the bars on the windows, the racism, the denigration of the LGBT community, the far right, the culture of fear....
Let me catch my breath.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:08 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,304,606 times
Quote:
For quality life alone, my friends in Seattle pine for Vancouver. None of my friends in Vancouver, pine for Seattle.
Maybe your Seattle friends never lived in Vancouver....

Old 05-15-2013, 08:13 PM

Quote:
I didn't like the crime, the violence, the gangs, the gun culture, the nightly drive-bys, the healthcare, the political divisiveness, the evangelical influence, the bars on the windows, the racism, the denigration of the LGBT community, the far right, the culture of fear....
Let me catch my breath.
I don't like some of those things either but i was asking "whats it like"?

Old 05-15-2013, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwiththewind View Post

I personally think that majority of Vancouverites are pretty happy to live in Vancouver and would stay in Vancouver even if given the choice to move to Seattle.
In my experience I beg to differ, if you give them the opportunity of a real green card not a TN Visa....and so far the results of your poll kinda of prove my point....

Quote:
Vancouver is more livable than Seattle, has better recreation opportunities
Care to mention why Van has better "recreation opportunities"?? I can tell you and explain point by point why it is exactly the opposite....

Quote:
amazing waterfront development accessible to all residents
How Seattle waterfront are not accessible to all residents?? I think overall the Puget Sound has more waterfront than Van...

Quote:
great urban planning a
With a road system that is a joke...

Quote:
perfect mix of natural and urban living.
And how Seattle is different in this regard??

Quote:
I visited and stayed in Seattle many times and it doesn't feel to me like a potential magnet for dissapointed with their lives Vancouverites who are "stuck" in Van just waiting for the oppotunity to move to Seattle.

Oh really?? Care to investigate how many Vancouverites work for Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Boeing or Starbucks??

Quote:
Vancouver is a much more livable place than Seattle,
Again, you have to elaborate what you mean by "more liveable"...besides cost of living.

Quote:
I also think that if Seattleites were given the choice, many of them would move to Vancouver.
Some may tell you that if they do not really know Vancouver...that city is very deceiving....

Someone intrugued by Van ask me about it...after I explained they said "No way Jose"....

Old 05-15-2013, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Let me catch my breath.

...please catch your breath and mention something that is not stereotypical...because that so far is a collection of tired cliche'...

Old 05-15-2013, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
...please catch your breath and mention something that is not stereotypical...because that so far is a collection of tired cliche'...
How can it be a cliché if that's what I saw everywhere I looked?
Bear in mind that I'm comparing my big city with your big cities, not little hamlets.
Sure, life can be really great if you're wealthy, and you can insulate yourself from all the crime and poverty.
However, scratch the of the "coloured lights that hypnotize", and you see a whole lot of misery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada