Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2024, 11:22 AM

1,216 posts, read 488,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Why do so many journalists sound like they're choking back tears when dealing with this subject?

https://twitter.com/TheJasonPugh/sta...15700381556895
"Let parents raise kids and let provinces run schools and hospitals...." Is that what made "jason pugh" cry on X? Sad day when that is considered controversial.

At least pierre is addressing the issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2024, 11:52 AM

7,676 posts, read 5,521,274 times
“Let parents raise kids”

I’m puzzled. The only say that Alberta will allow parents to have is in the name and gender pronoun used for their child in school and what sex education they will be allowed.

Alberta politicians, not parents or medical professionals, have decided what medical care and surgeries children will be allowed. Parents don’t have a say in that at all.

Am I missing something?

Old 02-05-2024, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
“Let parents raise kids”

I’m puzzled. The only say that Alberta will allow parents to have is in the name and gender pronoun used for their child in school and what sex education they will be allowed.

Alberta politicians, not parents or medical professionals, have decided what medical care and surgeries children will be allowed. Parents don’t have a say in that at all.

Am I missing something?
IS that different from other provinces? Why is Trudeau calling Alberta anti-lgbtq? Are you in favour of sex change surgeries for minors?

Old 02-05-2024, 12:45 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,011,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisito80 View Post
IS that different from other provinces? Why is Trudeau calling Alberta anti-lgbtq? Are you in favour of sex change surgeries for minors?
Did Trudeau actually say that? This is the first I've heard of it, if he did say it. If he said that then that's not being diplomatic or sensible.

I'm not in favour of sex change surgeries for minors and I'm sure that many millions of other people across Canada are not in favour of it either. I don't think that makes us all anti-lgbtq though. It means we're concerned about the well being of our young people.

I'm not finding any fault with Danielle Smith's speech and I think Alberta will be doing the right thing.

Old 02-05-2024, 01:03 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,536,880 times
"Can minors get surgery?

Surgical options, Hodgson says, aren't considered until "very, very late in care" — and almost never for patients under 18.

"I can tell you, internationally, I do not know anybody that will perform any type of genital surgery on anyone under 18 years of age."

In some very rare cases, she says, older teenagers may be eligible for chest surgery — also known as top surgery — but only if they've already had "a significant duration of care," she said."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/gende...outh-1.7021529

Old 02-05-2024, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Did Trudeau actually say that? This is the first I've heard of it, if he did say it. If he said that then that's not being diplomatic or sensible.

I'm not in favour of sex change surgeries for minors and I'm sure that many millions of other people across Canada are not in favour of it either. I don't think that makes us all anti-lgbtq though. It means we're concerned about the well being of our young people.

I'm not finding any fault with Danielle Smith's speech and I think Alberta will be doing the right thing.

Same here. I don't find anything wrong with Danielle SMiths speech either, but apperently trudeau and others did.

Quote:
Trudeau calls Alberta policies ‘most anti-LGBT in the country’
Premier Danielle Smith last week introduced plans for new rules for transgender children

Alberta’s new proposals on the treatment of transgender youth are the “most anti-LGBT of anywhere in the country,” Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said Friday.

https://www.kelownacapnews.com/natio...ountry-7313501

Quote:
Trudeau calls Alberta Premier Danielle Smith's transgender policies 'the most' anti-LGBTQ2S+ in Canada
https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/trud...nada-1.6753330

Old 02-05-2024, 01:17 PM

26,873 posts, read 37,997,315 times
Quote:
Same here. I don't find anything wrong with Danielle SMiths speech either, but apperently trudeau and others did.

Trudeau Ministers Marci Ien and Randy Boissonnault also had some very very strong words, almost evoking warfare ("NATO").

Old 02-05-2024, 01:18 PM

7,676 posts, read 5,521,274 times
Quote:
No, I’m not in favor of sex change surgeries for minors (at least for those under 16, not sure about ages 16 and 17).

However, from your post (i.e. “let parents raise kids”) it appeared you were in favor of letting parents decide whether to allow surgery.

Old 02-05-2024, 01:44 PM

26,873 posts, read 37,997,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
No, I’m not in favor of sex change surgeries for minors (at least for those under 16, not sure about ages 16 and 17).

However, from your post (i.e. “let parents raise kids”) it appeared you were in favor of letting parents decide whether to allow surgery.
This question is moving things one step further.

What the most adamant trans activists think is that kids should be able to get puberty blockers and surgery behind their parents' backs, or at least against their parents' wishes.

Old 02-05-2024, 01:51 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,011,327 times
Quote:

Thank you for the links.

I think Trudeau is being impractical and getting too hung up on LGBT issues (sexual orientation and sexual preferences) and is equating that with gender dysphoria and transgenderism, which is NOT the same thing as being LGBT.

He is ignoring the fact that confused youngsters who are going through a gender and identity crisis is a serious mental health issue that is an entirely different issue that really doesn't have anything to do with sexual orientation and preferences. I can't fathom why more people aren't recognizing that they are not the same thing.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada