Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2013, 09:54 AM

1,627 posts, read 3,218,353 times

Advertisements

You are my HERO, Cyn, I never miss reading your posts. You make me a better person. You are the most wonderful care-giver in the world and you are devoted to your husband, giving him your undivided attention, 200 percent. I admire your strength, your determination, your deep and unconditonal love for your husband, your love for your pets, you are the strongest person I know. Yes you are a fighter and you will continue to fight because that is who you are. I love you, Cyn. Many hugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2013, 10:41 AM

819 posts, read 1,593,172 times
Cyn, hope your ribs well up very soon!

OT, I was in the nail salon yesterday and a man came in with his wife, who had some kind of problem. I just wanted to hug them both. He was so attentive and gentle with her, helping her take her shoes off, getting her set just right in the chair for a pedicure. He was sitting across from her and they would give each other the most beautiful smiles.

Even though you go thru some hard times with your husband, I'm sure this is the kind of caretaking you do too. For those of us in pretty good health, we should thank the good Lord every morning, but we (I) generally just take it for granted that we're good to go.

Here's a hug from GA.

Old 09-28-2013, 12:52 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times
Oh how I am enjoying all these hugs--it sure feels good and now I have chills and goose bumps!
Smilin and Peachy are newer to this thread and have already added so much postivie. I feel so blessed!
Now elston, he is my old timer who keeps me in line and reminds me a lot about life itself. Elston and I have so much in common so the thought of him not keeping me in line is frightening....yep, sometimes he has to be a little harsh but then I need it! And elston only does things for me because he cares--how blessed is that? Thank you each and every one!

Last edited by cynwldkat; 09-28-2013 at 01:10 PM..

Old 09-28-2013, 01:24 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,194,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Thank you! It is people like you that share these stories that give me and others that read here strength to face our very sad and difficult situations. Sounds like your dad was a hero--not just yours but our countries as well! Thank you to your father! My family is also a military family...in fact my little brother is nearing his retirement in the air-force soon. I had been with my father through his aging years and my mother as well. It was very hard on me to go through seeing them pass. This seems more difficult because I am basically alone here since my family and friends live over 2,000 miles away and the type of disease is quite ugly...knowing there is no cure and what is going to happen and how it is going to happen does make it all hard to accept. My DH has always been a difficult person but also a good person--Depression is constantly knocking on my door. But oddly enough--through cyberspace I have found my best friends and angels right here who have held me up, even had to give me a smack now and again to pull me back out of that swirling water and remind me about that half full glass and to stop dwelling on the empty part of the glass or things I cannot change. And the biggest things my friends here have done is to give me strength to try to help myself! I have been coming to CD for over 5 years and when I started coming here I was a very happy person with fun words and enjoyed just chatting. A lot of that started changing when my DH was told he had ALS. But I am still the same person and only I can refuse to let this situation take that away from me. I am a fighter and I will fight!
Woo hoo I see the old cyn sneaking through in this post way to go girlie! Hope your rib feels better quickly.

Old 09-28-2013, 01:40 PM

Thanks Jaxson--I am doing my very best to be the person I always was before the ALS!
I came home from yard sales--which were really pretty good today even though it hurt like all get out to get in and out of the truck--ugh--but I did find a few very good resale items so I am happy! Anyhow, the other day I mowed the back and side of our yard as usual but our dear neighbors that always help us with the mowing left for an extended week-end and we had company on Wednesday so I'm sure that is why he didn't do any mowing on Wed. Anyhow it was no big deal as the grass is not growing at that crazy rate it was last month--if you didn't mow it weekly you had a forest! Smile! Anyhow when we got home today our neighbor from the end of our dirt road--the one I admire and would like to go to their church---he is the one who brought his pastor to visit us--anyhow he called and said he noticed our front yard was not mowed and he knew our other neighbors were gone for the weekend would it be ok if he came down and did the mowing. Goose bumps again--boy are we blessed. Such very good people and neighbors we have here!

Old 09-28-2013, 05:30 PM

Good night all of my dear angels. See you here tomorrow! Have a nice night and relax!

Old 09-28-2013, 05:59 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,269,134 times
G'nite, sweetie.

Old 09-28-2013, 06:21 PM

48,146 posts, read 22,013,215 times
good night to all my dear friends.

Old 09-28-2013, 06:22 PM

[quote=cynwldkat;31590927]Oh how I am enjoying all these hugs--it sure feels good and now I have chills and goose bumps!
Smilin and Peachy are newer to this thread and have already added so much postivie. I feel so blessed!
Now elston, he is my old timer who keeps me in line and reminds me a lot about life itself. Elston and I have so much in common so the thought of him not keeping me in line is frightening....yep, sometimes he has to be a little harsh but then I need it! And elston only does things for me because he cares--how blessed is that? Thank you each and every one![/quote

My dearest cyn.....I don't ever want to be harsh......my feelings toward you are too tender and compassionate.

Old 09-28-2013, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Oh how I am enjoying all these hugs--it sure feels good and now I have chills and goose bumps!
Now elston, he is my old timer who keeps me in line and reminds me a lot about life itself. Elston and I have so much in common so the thought of him not keeping me in line is frightening....yep, sometimes he has to be a little harsh but then I need it! And elston only does things for me because he cares--how blessed is that? Thank you each and every one!
My dearest cyn.....I may be an old timer but I am also an old softie where you are concerned....you know I hold you in the highest of regard....and would never say anything that wasn't intended to be helpful....even if I have to talk to you like a Dutch Uncle from time to time....its only to stiffen your spine so you can withstand the cruel winds that buffet you ..... without whining. you have to be tough and not take anyone's baloney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving