Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 07:06 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,368,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Great pix! KK is being such a good sport. Hooray!
He really is. I am so proud of him. The first couple of days that little kitty was an intruder! Today has been the best day yet, so I am hoping it will just get better. I think it helped to slowly introduce them, first by scent.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 08:30 AM

2,186 posts, read 4,574,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
His new name is CHARLIE! I think it suits him just fine. We have tossed a few names around and he looks like a little Charlie..... =)

Awww......we have a Charlie in our bunch too. When I get on his case about something he is known as Charles, or if I am watching PBS and he wanders in he becomes dear, dear Charles old chap in my very best imitation English accent!

I just scrolled down a bit and saw the pictures. LOVE the one with him draped over your neck - great picture!!! KK is HUGE next to the baby - and in the last picture you can really see his silver undercoat. Looks like he'll have long hair. I think he's just absolutely the cat's pajamas. You're right - every day will get better and better. Loving the pics!!!

Last edited by CFoulke; 06-27-2013 at 08:37 AM.. Reason: addition

Old 06-27-2013, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFoulke View Post
Awww......we have a Charlie in our bunch too. When I get on his case about something he is known as Charles, or if I am watching PBS and he wanders in he becomes dear, dear Charles old chap in my very best imitation English accent!

I just scrolled down a bit and saw the pictures. LOVE the one with him draped over your neck - great picture!!! KK is HUGE next to the baby - and in the last picture you can really see his silver undercoat. Looks like he'll have long hair. I think he's just absolutely the cat's pajamas. You're right - every day will get better and better. Loving the pics!!!
Aww Thank you!!! =) I think he will have long hair too. I was mentioning it to Jamie last night and he said he hopes not...ruh roh. I said well maybe it will be medium length, lol.

KK is much bigger than him. I can scoop Charlie up without any effort at all and picking KK up is like lifting weights!

They just had lunch together with no problems. I let KK start first and then brought Charlie in and Charlie still finished first!!! I picked him up and let KK finish his food so he could eat in peace. He was going to run away because he knew the little boogie was coming but he saw me grab him.

When I put Charlie in the bedroom he cries... =( I put him in there when I am getting ready to leave, or when we go to bed, or if I have to go downstairs.....KK didn't used to really care but now he goes and checks on him at the door.....sweeties.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:33 PM

This was a big AWWWWW moment:

Old 06-27-2013, 12:41 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,997,451 times
I love the pics. Keep them coming.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:44 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,574,935 times
Here's a hint you may already know about - picking up cat hairs off of furniture is easy if you put on a pair of rubber gloves, run your hands over the furniture and it picks the hairs up in clumps that you can then easily sweep up with the vacuum. For me it's easier sometimes than dragging out the attachments. Did it yesterday in fact - after I used the attachments and almost picked up another cat!! If Jamie is worried about mass quantities of cat hair - tell him you got it covered!!!!
PS-- those two look like they've been brothers forever instead of four days - don't they???

Old 06-27-2013, 12:53 PM

I didn't know that but it makes perfect sense!

Charlie is running around here like a wild animal in and out of the bedroom and back into the livingroom. Kitty Katty is just laying here watching him.....wondering why he is so crazy, lolol

I think he is trying to get him to play with him.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:51 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,376,135 times
You've done a good job of introducing Charlie into the family, and looks like things are going to work out with KK. It takes a pretty tolerant adult cat to put up with a kitten that's approaching the 'Terrible Two's'.
Thanks for all the great pics, btw.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
You've done a good job of introducing Charlie into the family, and looks like things are going to work out with KK. It takes a pretty tolerant adult cat to put up with a kitten that's approaching the 'Terrible Two's'.
Thanks for all the great pics, btw.
Well thank you catdad. You are new to the forum, so you may not know that my Kitty Katty does not like other cats. He had been really bothered by some strays outside and had some issues.

I did not know whether or not this would work out and I am more than proud of KK. It has only been since Sunday afternoon. We hadn't planned on bringing Charlie home but he kind of barged his little way into our hearts, just like KK did.

This evening they have been chasing one another and it really has been something to watch them.

I will say it again, I couldn't have done it had I not been watching Jackson Galaxy!

Welcome to CD and the cat forum! If you go into my profile, you will see that KK has an album in there....

Old 06-27-2013, 06:55 PM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times
Love that picture! They look so sweet together.

I must say ... That was fast! Thank heaven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats