Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2009, 03:33 PM

1,055 posts, read 4,137,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Typical kid: Playing with the wrapping instead of the gift!
Oh, no...once Sidney got past the paper he was all over the cat nip toy...that is what he has in his paws in the last picture. I couldnt get it out of the plastic wrapping quick enough. There were 4 bags of treats and 3 cat nip toys. I had to take the cat nip from them after about an hour cause they were all freaking out. Its like I had a house full of drunk kitties who thought they were in heaven. I put them up on a shelf and Munchkin who is our super duper jumper must have jumped up there when I ran out to the store cause when I got home, they were all down off the shelf....crazy kitties!
Goyguy made their week! None of them have every received their own package in the mail before...Sidney really knows he is special now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 04:07 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,034,727 times

Old 08-17-2009, 08:01 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,090,987 times
Oh my gosh--that is too funny with him teariing into that package. My girl is 14 now and I miss the kitten antics!

Old 08-17-2009, 08:17 PM

1,450 posts, read 4,253,062 times
So cute!

Old 08-18-2009, 06:46 AM

4,888 posts, read 13,838,011 times
Default It's Better to Give...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartwell Girl View Post
Good morning all...I just wanted to post a few cute pics of Sidney from today...I met up with a couple of my City Data friends on Sunday and one of my pals (Goyguy--who has posted here on the kitty thread) sent Sidney a package....I went to the PO box to pick it up this morning and attached are photos of Sidney opening his gift....it was too cute!! So, I wanted to share with you all, and THANK my pal Goyguy for his wonderful gift to Sidney! He also included a cat nip toy for the Sidney and for Snarf & Munchkin.
Enjoy, hope they make you smile!
Outstanding pics - I like the one in the middle for how you can see the addressing on the package that includes "Sidney"
I put together care packages for new pet arrivals the same way I do when I get dragged into contributing to a baby shower! After all, in either case there's a new family member to celebrate. HWG's case was unique for being out of town (no way was I gonna ship a box of kitty litter, hahaha) and for there being two potentially jealous cats already in residence. The second problem was easily solved by mailing three catnip "beanbags" instead of one.
Am also loving how the "addressee" was allowed to unwrap the box
Glad to provide!

Old 08-18-2009, 11:20 AM

Ah! Goyguy...they love your gifts! Sidney did open it by himself...my favorite pic is him sticking his head in to take a peek at what was inside! It was so funny to watch him open it!!
You are a very kind and generous person!

Old 08-18-2009, 01:18 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,442,041 times
The peeking picture is my favorite, too. I just want to gobble him up.

Old 08-24-2009, 06:29 PM

Ah, the life of a cat...well, its been a week since I last posted about Sidney. He is doing well, growing like a weed. He is getting so big but still looks so small next to the other cats. He is sleeping a lot more during the day and loves to wind back up about 10pm. You can go to bed if you dare, but you WILL BE awaken with your toes being chewed on. He has become very chatty and runs through the house making muffled noises. He also has taken a liking to my husbands socks after work, ugh! Those things are so gross they are not even allowed to be washed with anything else. My husband thinks its funny, especially when Sidney starts sneezing after sniffing & attacking the socks. The only thing I worry about Sidney is his fear of people. He loves us, but even when we come into the house he has to be sure it is us and not anyone else before he comes out of hiding. I try to hold him and comfort him but try not to push the issue and take him into my bed room and put him on the bed. Poor little guy, he has social issues with humans.
His coat is still getting very light. He has his obvious tabby features with a pretty cream colored belly and chest. His belly looks more like a cheetah with dots. His tail is very fluffy as are his hind quarters. He is starting to get long black hairs on the tips of his ears. His whiskers are still growing in, I have no idea why he lost so many at once. His face is very expressive though. We love to watch the funny faces he makes when playing, its almost as funny as the flips he does. His new favorite hang out besides the windows is the recycling bin under the office desk. He likes to jump in with one of his mouse toys and knock it around for awhile before curling up to take a nap there. The other new toy, well his litter box. Not only is cleaning the inside out a daily job but now in addition to that, cleaning all the litter he likes to throw out the box is a daily task. Sometimes I have to tell him "thats enough Sidney" and when I clean it out he actually follows me like he wants to know what I am doing with his "business".
Sidney has enjoyed the windows being open again the past few days and spends a lot of time jumping from window to window-checking everything out. With 28 windows in the house, it makes for a long day in between naps. The best time of the day for me is when I walk into a room with Sidney and one of the other cats snuggled up together somewhere.
Right now he is curled up behind me on the window seat I made him. Here is a picture with him playing this past week. Just wanted to let you all know he is doing well and running the house like a good cat should.

Old 08-24-2009, 06:35 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,012,211 times
Just keep socializing with him, he will become more comfortable, perhaps you have a good friend that loves kitties that will visit on a regular basis?
My feral kitty, we call her Sand Leopard, Sandy for short, thats what she looks like, has come a long way with people, due to my friends!

Old 08-24-2009, 07:00 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,442,041 times
Me want!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats