Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2009, 06:43 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,137,009 times

Advertisements

Ah, you guys are too nice, I just thought my updates would get a little boring....Sidney is attacking my feet right now...little man does not slow down! LOL. He is a joy, and one of our other cats (Munchkin) loves him the most. It's strange because Munchkin was the one I was really worried about being rough with Sidney. But Munchkin gives Sidney a baths a day and plays with him very gently.
Sidney is filling out--eating really well and we couldnt be happier. His coat is so thick. He has a ton of hair. I have to brush Munchkin so I have been trying to gently get Sidney used to it too even though I am not really getting any hair out of him, just getting him used to the brush. Of course my husband has taken a serious liking to him, especially since Sidney likes to jump into his lap while he sits in the recliner, who can resist a lap cat with a precious face?
He loves to play...his favorite, pieces of paper rolled into balls. He goes running across the room and slides on the wooden floors...its hilarious to watch.
He gets nervous at times and will run to hide my sons bed. But we just go get him--show him some love and let know he's safe. That is about the only thing that bothers me with Sidney, wanting to make sure he feels safe and secure in our home...I dont like to see him run and hide.
He is definately my sons kitty. My son is 17 and loves this baby...and its his bed Sidney runs to hide under. My son is the only one that Sidney has slept with for an extended period...normally Sid just likes to find his little red blanket and crash, but if my son is laying in bed...well, he wants to be there. I tried to get him to lay with me...no luck. He will cuddle up next to me on the couch, or on my lap while on the computer, but he only wants to sleep on his blanket or with my son. Too cute.

Here is picture from Sidney this morning. It's another pic Sidney in the window...he loves to hang out there (and the light is better anyways! LOL). I can tell a big difference in his pictures from a week ago to today...he looks so much better, but the best part is...his health is so much better and he gets to be a silly kitten all day long!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 06:47 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,034,727 times
aaaaawwwwwww...... such bright little kitten eyes..... so good to see the transformation.....

and yes.... please DO keep us up on his progress and antics........

sort of a kitten-by-proxie for those of us with adult kitties........

Old 07-15-2009, 07:10 PM

1,450 posts, read 4,253,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
aaaaawwwwwww...... such bright little kitten eyes..... so good to see the transformation.....

and yes.... please DO keep us up on his progress and antics........

sort of a kitten-by-proxie for those of us with adult kitties........
Just what I was thinking, a kitten by proxie! With 5 adult cats, we're catted to the max, nice to share a kittenhood again!

Old 07-19-2009, 06:06 PM

Sidney is still progressing well. Chasing the two older cats through the house, eating well and gaining weight and bringing a lot of joy to our lives. Everything is a toy, especially the other cats tails, and every foot is victim to a random attack at any time. He really is wonderful.

I wanted to update a pic with Sidney playing with a little purple mouse. Best to you all!

Old 07-19-2009, 09:08 PM

aaaawwwwww.........

Old 07-19-2009, 09:10 PM

1,450 posts, read 4,253,062 times
He's a sweetie!

Old 07-25-2009, 12:55 PM

Hello everyone, nothing really new to report but I wanted to let everyone know that Sidney is doing great. No longer on any medications and running around the house like he owns the place. Chasing the other cats from one end of the house to the other. He is not very cuddly, he will let you know when he wants your attention, but mostly he just wants to run around and play (sounds like a perfectly healthy kitty to me!). He loves to climb on everything, you can just be sitting somewhere and all of a sudden he is climbing up the side of the couch or a chair to get into your lap or smack you in the back of the head. If you are sitting in the office chair, beware! He likes to jump up and smack your rear with his paw, and sometimes he has his claws out...but it helps keep us off the computer--I think that is his point. But if you snag him up and put him on the office desk, he just attacks the computer screen trying to catch the mouse on screen. He is a really funny cat, and has a great personality. He even comes when I call him. His eating habits are about the only thing that makes me want to pull my hair out...he wont eat any wet food or kitten food. He justs wants the eat the adult cat food, and anytime we grill chicken, he is trying anyway possible to get near our plates. Okay, so I have given him some and now he expects it, but if had that face looking up at you from the floor, opening his little mouth making a meow sound but nothing comes out...what would you do lol? He only meows every once in a great while. Otherwise he will just sit and look at you and open his mouth like he is trying to meow but nothing comes out. His coat is so pretty and very thick. He is definately going to another love in my life that I have to brush a lot. I have been doing that when I get the brush out for Munchkin, just to get Sidney used to a brush and to enjoy it. But right now he only thinks of it as a toy, so its only a few strokes I get in before he wants to play with the brush and of course I dont want him to think its a toy or make it a frustrating experience for him.
In the next few weeks he will be going back in to get neutered, but in the meantime, we are just getting some weight on him and letting him be a kitten--full of fun.
Here is a picture from this week...on his favorite red blanket...I dont know why he loves this blanket so much! Best to you all.

Old 07-25-2009, 08:46 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,791,291 times
Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!! More Sidney soon, please.

Old 07-29-2009, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!! More Sidney soon, please.

yes please......

aaahhhh ... the pathetic silent meow...... i have had kitties use that on me too..... works EVERY SINGLE time to get what they are after.......

had a girl kitty that didn't make a sound until she was about 3-4 years old.....

Old 07-31-2009, 06:45 PM

CAT FOR SALE lol! Just kidding....
Oh, kittens--where do they get all that energy? Sidney is doing wonderful, sorry no picture for now, but I will post one soon (husband too the camera with him this weekend). He is growing up! His little legs are getting long. My husband calls him spiderman cause of his sideways leaping and pouncing, but mostly due to his hanging on anything he can get his nails into. And the two older kitties dont get a moments rest...one has resorted to sleeping on a tall shelf that Sidney cant get to yet (so smart). My legs are getting scratched up from random Sidney attacks when I walk past the couch, which I have to each time I go towards the bathroom or kitchen in the back of the house. He is a happy little fella, still not much of a cuddler, but i still love him.
Little Sidney came into our lives and home 4 weeks ago today...and although the first week was a bit frightening for both of us, I am thankful for his good health today and all the laughs he has brought us in recent weeks. His little meow wakes me early each morning and if I wont move, he pounces my feet. Seeing him chase the other two cats from one end of the house to the other and then cuddle up and nap with them is a great thing...

Hope you enjoyed the update--thanks for all your well wishes, I know you all had a part in his getting well!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats