Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 04:11 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,249,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomSD View Post
My cat instantly knows when I'm sitting down on the toilet and comes running for attention but doesn't try to curl up in the clothes hammock that is formed. I know what you are talking about though we had a kitten a long time ago that was that way until she grew out of it.

EDIT: And yeah before I moved from my apartment into my house the litter box was on the other side of the wall right next to the toilet. They looked like stalls in a public bathroom. Quite frequently Tiggs would use his box when I was in the bathroom. Funny since he positioned himself to face out and we ended up side by side doing the bathroom etiquette thing... no talking, no eye contact, etc lol.
My cat keeps tabs on where I am and makes sure I'm not left alone in the little room. Her box is one of those covered types, and currently (until I can redo the room) the only place to sit it is the bathtub. She often does her thing while I do mine. I think she thinks its the proper social thing to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 08:17 PM

5,650 posts, read 6,208,289 times
Yep, I am another with a cat who feels like the ultimate bonding expeirence is to use the litterbox while I am on the loo (same room). It's not really that much of an issue - she will occasionally come up for pets, etc., but her real interest seems to be more in using the box while I am on the commode. Then my sister told me that her cat insists on sitting on her lap while she's on the loo.....

Old 07-22-2009, 08:27 PM

144 posts, read 597,158 times
The seem to be interested in trying but when I see them eying my panties I grab them into a ball so the cats can't play. They leave enough fur on my bead spread and my couch I can't imagine having a panty full of cat fur.... if I ended up with some type of gyno problem how would I explain the animal "hairs"

Old 07-22-2009, 08:45 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,122,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Yes I know I am weird but every cat I've ever had likes to swing in my pants and/or underwear while I'm on the toilet. They do it to my husband too. It's kinda like "Oh goody, she's sitting down now to play with me."
Are we the only family with undie swinging cats?

Also my cats like to use the litter trays in the toilet area while we are using the toilet too. Kinda like the family that pees together stays together. I think it is funny. Am I giving too much info here? Too personal a topic?
One time while sittin' on the pot; two cats decided to curl up down by my ankles............one 'slight' problem----------said kitties were ca. 15 pounders each and I had to lift those lugs out of my trousers. That is correct; they would not move on their own volition.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:53 PM

625 posts, read 1,881,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akcher View Post
My cat would follow me into the bathroom. She would rub against my leg and plop down on the bathrug for a belly rub.

I've decided they know I can't go anywhere & so can scratch their ears & rub their tummies until I'm 'done'.

Old 07-23-2009, 03:04 AM

1,392 posts, read 3,126,904 times
OMG No! But they do like to get in my lap at that time for them to pet me. My one cat Katie always wants me to pet her when I am getting to work and will sit on the bathroom counter and try to get me to pet her the entire time I am in there every time.

Old 07-23-2009, 06:10 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,607,644 times
My cat sometimes stands outside the door whining until I let him in. This is really not so much a bathroom thing, though. He always wants to sit in my lap and meows until I sit down with him. I have a very needy cat.

Old 07-23-2009, 06:41 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,678,834 times
I get the Pied Piper routine all the time as obviously do most others. They can all be FAST asleep on the bed in the middle of the night but if I groggily and quietly crawl out to take a pee they're right there in the bathroom with me in a heartbeat, yawning and squinting ...

Old 07-23-2009, 06:57 AM

41,951 posts, read 75,153,734 times
Oh, if I'm up in the middle of the night, they just think their internal clocks are wrong and it's time for their breakfast!

Old 07-23-2009, 07:00 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,866,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Yes I know I am weird but every cat I've ever had likes to swing in my pants and/or underwear while I'm on the toilet. They do it to my husband too. It's kinda like "Oh goody, she's sitting down now to play with me."
Are we the only family with undie swinging cats?
Also my cats like to use the litter trays in the toilet area while we are using the toilet too. Kinda like the family that pees together stays together. I think it is funny. Am I giving too much info here? Too personal a topic?
OMG...too funny..and YES, YES, YES we have cats that wander into the bathroom while in use. A dog won't come into the bathroom when in use but cats have no conscience. My poor husband and if he knew I was even talking about this...TMI...anyhow, he drops his drawers on the floor whilst using the throne. One of our cats gets all tangled up in them. I laugh my butt off listening to him tell her to leave the bathroom or "Doris must you get inside my underwear"...LMAO. In the first place, why do men have to drop their drawers on the floor to use the throne?? I mean, come on, it is kitty heaven for a cat to get all rolled up in the drawers especially if they are boxers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats