Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2012, 03:18 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
He still looked as fine as ever too.

yeah ... had to go check out his website.... you are right about that.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 10:28 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOReverxpeace View Post
i feel like i've been in a shell. I live in NYC and have never really came across a celebrity
Eh, don't worry about it. 50 Percent of the "celebrities" mentioned in this thread I never heard of.

Old 06-15-2012, 06:26 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
I met Luke Perry a really long time ago when I was a kid. He was nice.

I met Joey McIntyre of New Kids on the Block twice. He was nice.

I hope to meet Hanson someday because I've always loved them, and Alex Band too!

Old 06-16-2012, 12:57 PM

118 posts, read 299,038 times
What one might consider rude, another might consider nice. Some people can tolerate being bombarded with questions all the time, signing autographs and having people take pictures of them without them asking, other people get annoyed with it. Sometimes we like to think just because we see these people on TV or hear them on the radio that we have to talk to them and try being their friend, forgetting they are just like everyone else, except their job is more public related.

It would be nice if people were this frantic when they see a military veteran, after all they just risk their life and sometimes end up with lifetime side effects, physical, mental, or both. It's amazing that we make it okay to put more importance on "celebrities" than people that actually work in the real world. There is no shortage of ego when it comes to people in the entertainment business. Maybe 3% are actually modest and down to earth people but thats about it.

Old 06-16-2012, 09:48 PM

475 posts, read 508,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Eh, don't worry about it. 50 Percent of the "celebrities" mentioned in this thread I never heard of.
Same here. I dont even know what kind of celebrities they are LOL

Old 07-23-2012, 06:25 PM

7,368 posts, read 5,482,511 times
Kid Rock was doing a concert in our town, my husband ran into him and had a short conversation with him and said he was a really nice guy.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:57 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
OK. I have some weird stories that will really tell my age!

My great uncle Joy was in the movie industry. When I say "in it," I mean that he and his son, Joy Jr owned a lot of movie theaters and made some pretty terrible movies! This was from the late 1930s till the 1980s. They lived in New Orleans but of course traveled a lot.

My parents were pretty mortified by a lot of aspects of that business (for instance, mob connections) so unfortunately for me they tried to keep us kids sort of away from our wilder and higher living cousins! But every once in awhile we'd get caught up in some movie making stuff.

In the 1970s my uncles were making one of their usual awful B grade movies, but this one happened to have two pretty good actors in it - Slim Pickens and Jaclyn Smith. This was right before Jacklyn Smith was "discovered," - in fact, she broke her contract with my uncle to pursue her career with Charlie's Angels - a move she probably never regretted! But - long story short - they were on the set up in the Ozark Mountains making a movie one summer and my dad decided to take us up there to watch the movie being made.

It was really cool. Several mornings we had breakfast with the cast and crew. Slim Pickens was very nice and seemed to genuinely like interacting with kids. Jaclyn Smith was very snobbish and standoffish. In fact, she was so cold that us kids were literally scared of her!

Here's the movie:
Bootleggers (1974) - IMDb

It's pretty bad. My uncle did make one decent movie though - Down By Law. Worth watching if you like artsy black and white stuff set in New Orleans. Ellen Barkin and Roberto Benigni (Life is Beautiful) are actually in it!
Netflix - Unlimited TV Shows & Movies Online

Anyway, back to famous people. I kissed Willie Nelson once, right on the lips, at a sold out concert in Columbus, GA back in the 1980s! I snuck up onstage (from the back - it was difficult and involved schmoozing a security guard with my nubile young flirtations!) and just walked across the stage while he was singing "Will the Circle Be Unbroken," and I tapped him on the shoulder and asked him if I could kiss him. This was on a dare - my dad actually is the one who dared me to do it. Anyway, he just dropped his guitar and said, "Why SHORE, Darlin!" and laid one on me! Then the security guards tried to come at me, but he waved them away and winked at me and I just smiled and walked calmly offstage! It was a lot of fun!

The BarKays asked me to go on tour with them, literally to shake a tambourine off to the side (yeah....hmmmm...) but I, um, turned them down. I have a feeling that would have ended badly!

Louis Gohmert (state rep, Texas) gets a lot of flak these days, but I met him at a function one time, and casually mentioned that my husband and I were taking our teenage son to DC on vacation. He got my card, and gave me his, and "my people talked to his people" and he arranged a very nice private tour of several major buildings in Washington - it was a nice thing that he didn't have to do at all. It really made our trip special.

It seems like I've met more famous people than this, but my brain is blank. Honestly, I don't get overly excited about meeting famous people - as my mother always says, "They put their pants on every morning just like the rest of us."

Old 09-01-2012, 05:05 PM

2 posts, read 23,955 times
Nicest:
Joshua Radin and Tristan Prettyman -- Met them during their Underwater Tour a few weeks ago. Both very nice, if only a little shy.

Bill Murray -- Grabbed my brother's friend and gave him a nuggie. When he let him go he said "Your friends are never gonna believe this..." and walked away lol.

Richard Dreyfus -- My father ran into him in NYC...literally....and knocked him over. My dad apologized profusely and he just said "Its okay" and hurried away.

Meanest:
Donald Trump -- My dad's company subcontracted to him a few years ago and he was a total jerk...constantly

Jerry Seinfeld -- My friend was a manager at a Chase Bank on Long Island. He was shooting a commercial down the block and absolutely refused to give an autograph to her coworker. He actually made her cry. My friend went back out there and did the same back to him....

Old 09-02-2012, 08:58 AM

407 posts, read 829,820 times
Nicest celeb I've ever spoken to was John Goodman. He was genuine and very sincere. The rudest has to be Thomas F Wilson (Biff on the Back to The Future films). He was suck a jerk and full of himself. I only met him once (in an airport) and shortly after the release of BTTF II.

I asked him for an autograph and said 'Why? Just so you can turn around and sell it'?

Last edited by Trance750; 09-02-2012 at 09:30 AM..

Old 09-02-2012, 09:20 AM

407 posts, read 829,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerntraveler View Post
no trust me it was claytie
As a Texan, I have to agree. He also would have won the election if he had not made that comment. He was already way ahead of Ann, in the polls
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities