Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 09:34 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times

Advertisements

No. She will only stay relevant as long as she keeps making music. To compare her to Madonna and Janet is dumb. Neither had strong vocal abilities, but they could put on a good show and were unique at what they did. Rihanna is a singles artist; her album sales are mediocre and live performances are garbage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2012, 01:51 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,419,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
No. She will only stay relevant as long as she keeps making music. To compare her to Madonna and Janet is dumb. Neither had strong vocal abilities, but they could put on a good show and were unique at what they did. Rihanna is a singles artist; her album sales are mediocre and live performances are garbage.
Again just your opinion. Her concerts are as good as the fans that buy the tickets.

Old 02-29-2012, 02:39 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,373,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Sorry but she really isn't. And the Chris Brown 'incident' (and her running back to him) has hurt her already dim future. Her limelight has an expiration date. Rihanna will not be remembered as a great artist. Her music will end up on a compilation CD advertised on some late night local access cable channel in about five years.
I personally think she put the idea of them getting back together just to keep her name in the tabloids. I know it's awful BUT after the incident her celebrity went to a new level. People who'd never heard of her or her music were now talking about her. She'll be more famous for her personal life then her music.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:18 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
Again just your opinion. Her concerts are as good as the fans that buy the tickets.
Or the fact that throughout her Loud tour she was booed and received negatives reviews. Just saying.

Old 04-22-2015, 11:33 PM

1 posts, read 841 times
With the release of her recent singles, it does seem that she will indeed NOT become a legend...2015: the start of her fading away phase?

Old 04-24-2015, 11:47 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,923,282 times
sad to say...she will probably burn out before she fades away
she is a wild child, makes bad decisions, likes abusive men and the substances...I truly hope I am wrong, but if we are guessing, I think her story will end bad...

if I am wrong...and I do hope I am...she will not be remembered...most pop stars are throwaways...short shelf life...make a bundle of them for a bit and move on

Old 04-25-2015, 01:03 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,327,763 times
It's hard to imagine who from this generation will become "legendary" but it will not be Rihanna. God no.

Old 04-25-2015, 01:13 PM

5,276 posts, read 6,210,635 times
I think she will be a little like Shania Twain. Huge in the moment, a couple of lasting hits but not really making a huge impact. The fact that so much of her music is so filtered/synthesized/ generic pop-R&B fusion also means that she is not the biggest part of the song. Its the opposite of some earlier singers like Aretha Franklin/Dionne Warwick/Gladys Knight who often sang cover songs but their voice/interpretation where the what could make a song. Then again I think few people realize how huge Dionne once was.

Its always funny to learn that some major legend's signature songs where only borderline successful and then see who the bigger radio/sales leader was only to register a giant 'huh?'

But back on topic- not a legend but California King is still one my favorite pop songs with a hook. & I can't even remember if it was as big as her other hits.

Old 04-25-2015, 09:21 PM

37 posts, read 44,496 times
I don't know what legendary really means in this weird day and age. But I sure think she has that "it" quality. I find her beautiful and compelling to watch and her voice is great and she is so attractive.

Old 04-26-2015, 02:36 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
She is a beautiful woman, almost perfect, really. Her singing is below average, however, and I suspect she will fade from pop music after age 30 or so. After 30, one is old in that genre.

Maybe she will take up acting. I thought she was a natural actor in Battleship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities