Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 02:39 PM

17,353 posts, read 16,498,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlewile View Post
The having a child together was part of the contract. This was all planned to the last detail as it was the first time around with Nicole. And appearances are meaningless; what matters is what all parties agreed to, in what time frame and for what amount.

You are short-sighted in questioning what will happen to Suri, Nicole's involvement with her kids, etc. Everything was agreed to ahead of time. Certainly, there may be small changes along the way, if both parties agree, but what YOU SEE play out publicly is/was PLANNED.
Children aren't possessions that can be doled out in some sort of prenup. As their adoptive mother, Nicole had the right to sue for custody of those kids. I don't know how old Tom's adopted kids are, but if they're older, maybe that has influenced Nicole's decision to not go for custody. But I doubt that Katie will just hand Suri over like that..no matter what Tom may or may not have planned for that child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2012, 02:51 PM

3,176 posts, read 6,214,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Children aren't possessions that can be doled out in some sort of prenup. As their adoptive mother, Nicole had the right to sue for custody of those kids. I don't know how old Tom's adopted kids are, but if they're older, maybe that has influenced Nicole's decision to not go for custody. But I doubt that Katie will just hand Suri over like that..
I don't disagree with you and I think the whole thing is an abomination but what I'm telling you is this is ALL planned, as unsavory and deplorable as it may be. Don't over think it. Nicole was not "influenced", she agreed to the terms of the - secret - contract -- I am NOT talking about the prenup -- that is separate. (Additionally, they did share custody for much of the time.) And no, Katie, will not "hand over" Suri.

Old 06-29-2012, 02:56 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,498,900 times
Her contract finally expired. She and Suri are free from the grip of Tom Cruise.

Old 06-29-2012, 02:57 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,865,579 times
OH NOES! This even rated a TA DA Fox News Alert! Really? Who cares. I met Cruise once, he's really short.

Old 06-29-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlewile View Post
I don't disagree with you and I think the whole thing is an abomination but what I'm telling you is this is ALL planned, as unsavory and deplorable as it may be. Don't over think it. Nicole was not "influenced", she agreed to the terms of the - secret - contract -- I am NOT talking about the prenup -- that is separate. (Additionally, they did share custody for much of the time.) And no, Katie, will not "hand over" Suri.
Sadly, what you're saying sounds plausible.

Old 06-29-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
OH NOES! This even rated a TA DA Fox News Alert! Really? Who cares. I met Cruise once, he's really short.
I usually don't even bat an eye at these sorts of things either. Everyone, celebs included, are entitled to their own private lives. Who am I to judge them?

But one day I happened to see Cruise in all his shockingly weird couch jumping ecstatic-ness on Oprah. Wow. Poor Katie. Nicole - you dodged one.

Years later I was shocked to learn that Cruise had full custody of his and Kidman's kids. And that made me wonder about Kidman - she must be pretty looney toons herself to let that guy have custody of their kids, right? Or at least not to be able to convince a judge that she was the more sane one (you couldn't ask for more witnesses to Tom's nutiness could you?)...

Now Kidman has 2 kids by Keith Urban and they seem like two fairly sane and very successful people.

Sweet little Katie Holmes never made a whole lotta sense in the picture. I figured she was just young, naive and a bit star struck by Cruise.

At any rate, this whole thing has been just weird enough (even by Hollywood standards) to catch my attention.

Old 06-29-2012, 03:34 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,449,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
Well, now he's free to have fun with John Travolta.
Now that would be a major major scandal. I think John Travolta is also having marital problems.

Them becoming a couple would swear me off of American celeb-pop culture forever.

I have been hearing a lot around about Katie being a "beard". Geezuz H.

Old 06-29-2012, 04:22 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,870,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet*Tea View Post
I wonder who will be #4.

Which female actress is dying to get her name out there and become a household word? That's who is next.

Old 06-29-2012, 04:25 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,729,753 times
I mean it was their money, but they spend $2.5 million on that wedding in Italy and it does seem like an extravagant waste for just 5 measly years.

Old 06-29-2012, 04:36 PM

2,075 posts, read 5,121,796 times

Tom Cruise Won't Come Out of The Closet (Season 9, Episode 12) - Video Clips - South Park Studios
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities