Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 03:23 PM

436 posts, read 809,244 times

Advertisements

Any death is tragic, but I do not think this necessarily deserves front page coverage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2008, 10:09 PM

1 posts, read 2,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettygyrl777 View Post
I REMEMBER THAT!! Do you remember the movie that came out in the 80's about him? "I know my first name is Steven"? You're right- who would have thought life would turn out like that for his brother and now another twist to the saga! Tragic.
I have always thought Heath ledger looked like Andy Gibb. Iwas searching the internet to see if anyone else made the comparison What a coincidence with the two. Both from Australia, drug overdose(maybe???), both had young daughters, both close to 30 at time of death. So tragic.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:16 AM

1 posts, read 2,438 times
Default Love always Heath...

I wish there was a way to turn back the clock Heath…and stop this from happening… One of the most talented and promising actors… so many images left unseen, so many emotions left to portray. And on top of it all, you seemed to be a genuine, nice and real person…
Wish I could turn back the clock and stop this from being true… You won my heart…talent is a most splendorous thing… I wish I could still watch you when we were both in our 60’s. Wish there was a way… My heart sunk when I first heard you were gone… And it sinks everytime I think of you… I just shake my head in sadness and disbelief...
I can´t take your face out of my mind Heath, and Gustavo Santaolalla’s “The Wings” from Brokeback’s soundtrack is playing in my head and won’t stop…Probably because it’s so sad, and so beautiful, and it reminds me of you…
Rest in peace, Heath.May our love help ease the pain of those closest to you, your parents, your sisters... your family and friends. But above all, may our love help protect your lovely Matilda Rose through life...
This is just me, one who never met you but now feels as if she lost a very dear and close, special friend, saying goodbye…
You’ll forever be up there with the greats to me Heath…
It’s really hard letting you go…
You will be missed.
Love always,
Daniela.

Old 02-10-2008, 06:29 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times
Looks like he took a large combination of perscription drugs.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:44 PM

730 posts, read 2,253,634 times
I don't know wether to believe this was an accident or not.Part of me thinks he was having such severe sleeping problems for so long that he had this "if 2 pills did'nt work maybe all of these will" mentality and then again part of me wonders how he could take 6 different meds (especially those types of drugs) and not expect something to happen.I can relate to theory #1 as one of those people who takes 3 alieve (or whatever) when the label says take 2. Either way this man was a father's child and a child's father- what a great loss.

Old 02-12-2008, 01:04 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,324,790 times
I doubt it was 'accidental', the word accidental just sounds better and maybe they say it to save the family from experiencing even more grief. You have to take a lot of pills to die when you're used to taking pills already. Surely he could have gone to a sleepcenter or gotten other help if he had problems sleeping.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:20 PM

2,210 posts, read 7,024,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
I doubt it was 'accidental', the word accidental just sounds better and maybe they say it to save the family from experiencing even more grief. You have to take a lot of pills to die when you're used to taking pills already. Surely he could have gone to a sleepcenter or gotten other help if he had problems sleeping.
That's a bit judgemental an utterly without evidence.

Actually, it was probably the antihistamine that pushed him over the limit. They are quite dangerous to mix, and yet innocuous enough that most people don't think about it. The anti histamine will slow the system down in addition to the other drugs, which probably wouldn't have killed him on their own. If it was all from the same pharmacy, the pharmacist could have warned him, but the police report was that the drugs were all from different doctors and locations.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:07 PM

730 posts, read 2,253,634 times
It is wild to think that all of those drugs combined and a simple anti histamine could be the culprit (when combined)Good point Anthony B. and I can believe it. This past weekend I took a couple tabs of anti histamine tabs without thinking as most people do. I went out to the bars that night and after 2 drinks was having trouble standing/respritory distress. I was seriously screwed by mixing a simple freakin benadryl with some mixed drinks. Then I read this. scary. It amazing how little thought we give over the counter/dr prescribed drugs.

Old 02-19-2008, 04:32 PM

2,210 posts, read 7,024,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEM1226 View Post
It is wild to think that all of those drugs combined and a simple anti histamine could be the culprit (when combined)Good point Anthony B. and I can believe it. This past weekend I took a couple tabs of anti histamine tabs without thinking as most people do. I went out to the bars that night and after 2 drinks was having trouble standing/respritory distress. I was seriously screwed by mixing a simple freakin benadryl with some mixed drinks. Then I read this. scary. It amazing how little thought we give over the counter/dr prescribed drugs.
It is scary. It doesn't have to be a large number of drugs to kill someone. Just the wrong combination. Hell GRAPEFRUIT JUICE was found to kill people by magnifying the effects of statins (heart medication).

That is why it is always sensible to use the same pharmacist for all prescriptions and to tell them everything that you are taking. Even vitamins, herbal supplements and over the counter cold medication can have surprising effects when mixed.

Old 02-19-2008, 05:46 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
About two years ago I took some Robitussin for coughs and went out to dinner at a Mexican restaurant with my parents. Without thinking about the Robitussin I took before I left the house, I ordered a margarita. I only drank about 1/4 of the margarita before I began feeling seriously ill. I didn't want to alarm my parents in any way so after we got back to my house I went straight to bed and pretty much passed out. I thought I was going to die. I could hardly breathe, my heart was racing and I just didn't want to get up. Since that day I have been extremely mindful of what I put into my body. I threw out the Robitussin and will never take that again. I also have not had a margarita since that night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities