Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2023, 02:34 PM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times

Advertisements

Pretty sure Will & Jada fit this script, from what I've heard..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2023, 04:32 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,271,680 times
The OP certainly wasn't about the Katherine Hepburn I remember, who undoubtedly had the love of her life with Spencer Tracey.

I think that they BOTH were supposed to have been gay. Their affair was make-believe.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 11-10-2023, 06:21 AM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Wrong. Kate and Greta formed a lifelong friendship after they met at Greta's request late in their Hollywood career lives but it wasn't a sexual relationship. Greta was increasingly reclusive and selective about who she associated with until the day she died and she had very few people in her life that were true friends and not users and social climbers. The only man that she was known to have had an ongoing romantic relationship with was her frequent co-star John Gilbert, with whom she lived for a couple of years in the mid 20's. Poor Greta, she was something of an outcast in snobby, stuck up Hollywood because of her Swedish openness and lack of taboos and she hated Hollywood and California in general and pined for her homeland. But she never went back home, she developed what is now known as Greta Garbo syndrome and became the most afflicted kind of shut in, in New York City in a penthouse suite overlooking Central Park.

From what I can tell the rumours about Cruise and Travolta have been going around for at least 40 years, but I think they're just rumours based in spiteful jealousy and a desire for public attention from the people who have made money from making such allegations in interviews.

How can anyone trust the words of profiteering social climbing attention getters like that who get paid to tell lies?

Both men have been married, Cruise 3 times and has 3 children and Travolta had one marriage to the same woman (recently deceased) that he loved deeply for 33 years until she died, and they had two children.

I think at times you just have to take rumours with a pinch of salt and do some research and fact-finding of your own about the truth without accepting salacious rumours at face value. Those rumours exist only for the purpose of making money out of salacious people who want to believe the worst of other people in order to feel better about their faults.

It's so easy to do in these days of internet accessibility to find out the facts for yourself. If you really want to know the truth, and not want to believe the lies.

Hollywood life is not easy on actors and actresses, it's downright vicious, sadistic, vindictive.

I've never believed the rumors about Travolta and Cruise. There have been rumors swirling about Barrack and Michelle for a long time that are just bizarre - snide insinuations that Barrack is gay and Michelle is actually a man, even when their youngest daughter looks exactly like Michelle's mom. I don't know who starts these rumors but once they take hold there seems to be no getting rid of them.

Old 11-10-2023, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Pretty sure Will & Jada fit this script, from what I've heard..
Those two will say and do anything for attention. Bad publicity is better than no publicity, I guess. I used to like Will Smith even though I have never liked Jada but I think those two were cut from the same cloth. Really I don't care what they do. They both seem like narcissists to me.

Old 11-10-2023, 09:06 AM

2,502 posts, read 2,070,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Especially now. I don't know that a famous (or non famous) person necessarily requires a beard to get through in society.

That said, I do know a distant acquaintance who is from a wealthy family (the kind that has buildings named after them locally) As long as his father is alive, he is a "lifelong bachelor" even though most people who know him know the truth.
Same here.
My sister, while living in New York, told me of her friend, whose the son of a very well known business man...would show up to her place for happy hour after work and immediately change out of his business attire in to his female clothing.

I don't know if he was married or not. And, this was probably 25 yrs or more ago.

Old 11-10-2023, 11:14 AM

5,010 posts, read 590,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I've never believed the rumors about Travolta and Cruise.
My male gay friend said Travolta is batting for the other team. I believe the rumor...sorry.

Old 11-11-2023, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allthatglitters View Post
My male gay friend said Travolta is batting for the other team. I believe the rumor...sorry.
Why would he know better than anyone else?

I generally can tell that sort of thing, too.

Old 11-11-2023, 10:51 AM

33,322 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Especially now. I don't know that a famous (or non famous) person necessarily requires a beard to get through in society.

That said, I do know a distant acquaintance who is from a wealthy family (the kind that has buildings named after them locally) As long as his father is alive, he is a "lifelong bachelor" even though most people who know him know the truth.

One of my relatives waited (out of fear of a trust being changed) until the other relative died to, with partner, have a child out of wedlock.

Old 11-11-2023, 11:02 AM

5,010 posts, read 590,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Why would he know better than anyone else?
My friend knows Hollywood people. The LGBTQ+ community is close-knit.

Old 11-11-2023, 11:14 AM

11,403 posts, read 5,960,793 times
Deleted, wrong forum for original post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities