Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2023, 11:36 AM

17,353 posts, read 16,492,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allthatglitters View Post
My friend knows Hollywood people. The LGBTQ+ community is close-knit.
It's always someone who knows someone who says that it's true. I totally believe the gossip is floating around in Hollywood but unless there is an actual first hand account or Travolta acknowledges it to be true I don't believe it.

Why would Kelly Preston stay married to a man who would cheat on her with men? Kelly and John always had amazing chemistry together, both on screen and off. You could see that John was very into his wife and Kelly was very into her husband. I just don't believe that they had a bunch of extramarital stuff happening.

I'm wondering if some females in Hollywood got their noses out of joint when they came onto John and he turned them down. "He turned down sex with me?? How could that possibly be?? No one turns down sex with me!! Must be gay."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2023, 07:13 PM

2,027 posts, read 3,346,284 times
A female friend/co-worker of mine is married to a gay man. They don't discuss the fact with others, but he is. All that she has told me is that she doesn't care about sex or want it. From anyone, i guess.

They seem to love each other and have a good life.

Old 11-11-2023, 11:07 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,565,658 times
Sondra Locke was condemned for carrying on with Clint Eastwood when they were both married to others. The public didn't know her husband was gay. She said Clint wanted her to divorce Gordon but she had him on her medical insurance plan so refused. They were childhood friends and he was instrumental in her getting the lead in her first movie, The Heart is a Lonely Hunter. She got the part and was Oscar nominated.

Her autobiography is a must read. The Good, The Bad and the Very Ugly. Not a typical Hollywood tell all. I thought her life before she met Clint was much more interesting and magical. I was shocked to learn she died in 2018. I had met her several times, the last at Trader Joe's where we caught up on gossip, said she was sick of showbiz, her new passion was writing children's books, loved her dogs and her garden. She had a luminescent glow with her snow white hair and pale complexion, no cosmetic enhancements. Just a lovely woman inside and out despite her horrible treatment by Hollywood.

Old 11-12-2023, 01:49 AM

23,212 posts, read 29,026,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
It's always someone who knows someone who says that it's true. I totally believe the gossip is floating around in Hollywood but unless there is an actual first hand account or Travolta acknowledges it to be true I don't believe it.

Why would Kelly Preston stay married to a man who would cheat on her with men? Kelly and John always had amazing chemistry together, both on screen and off. You could see that John was very into his wife and Kelly was very into her husband. I just don't believe that they had a bunch of extramarital stuff happening.

I'm wondering if some females in Hollywood got their noses out of joint when they came onto John and he turned them down. "He turned down sex with me?? How could that possibly be?? No one turns down sex with me!! Must be gay."
Why would Kelly Preston stay married to a man who would cheat on her with men?

Financial security!

Many stay married, through thick and thin, for financial reasons!

Why did Burt Lancaster's wife stay married to him, knowing he was a full-fledged bisexual?

Old 11-12-2023, 03:15 AM

8,270 posts, read 8,644,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Why would Kelly Preston stay married to a man who would cheat on her with men?

Financial security!

Many stay married, through thick and thin, for financial reasons!

Why did Burt Lancaster's wife stay married to him, knowing he was a full-fledged bisexual?
I'm pretty sure her divorce settlement would provide financial security. I'm also pretty sure she is wealthy on her own money.

I really wouldn't believe any of the books written about someone after they died.

Old 11-12-2023, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
I'm pretty sure her divorce settlement would provide financial security. I'm also pretty sure she is wealthy on her own money.

I really wouldn't believe any of the books written about someone after they died.
Some women and men married to Actors and businessmen prematurely signed Pre-Nup agreements that they regretted later on after their spouse became fabulously wealthy. Did that thought ever cross your mind as to why they remained in their marriages?

Old 11-12-2023, 04:47 AM

9,976 posts, read 5,672,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Yes indeed. Very much like the infamous openly acknowledged loves of their lives relationship that happened between Lauren Bacall and Humphrey Bogart. But at least Bacall and Bogart (who was twice her age) were able to get married.

None of them cared about maintaining an "image" for the sake of Hollywood.

As a matter of fact the only gay actor that I can think of for whom a Hollywood straight image was important was Rock Hudson.

They certainly did care about protecting their image, though the point wasn't to protect Hollywood's delicate sensibilities; that place has been a den of iniquity since the first major studios set up shop there. Rather, the point was to protect Hollywood's image in the eyes of the viewing public.

Old 11-12-2023, 08:33 AM

5,010 posts, read 590,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
....I'm wondering if some females in Hollywood got their noses out of joint when they came onto John and he turned them down.
Quote:
Financial security!
I think Preston and Travolta's marriage was more complicated than that. On January 2, 2009, their son Jett died at the age of 16 from a seizure. In 2018, Preston was diagnosed with breast cancer. It would have looked very bad for Travolta's image to 'come out'. Both were Scientologists, and as another poster mentioned their church likely covered up for them.

Old 11-12-2023, 05:30 PM

8,270 posts, read 8,644,982 times
Quote:
Some women and men married to Actors and businessmen prematurely signed Pre-Nup agreements that they regretted later on after their spouse became fabulously wealthy. Did that thought ever cross your mind as to why they remained in their marriages?
She is wealthy in her own right! Did that ever cross your mind?

Old 11-14-2023, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
She is wealthy in her own right! Did that ever cross your mind?
Wealth/Money is like seawater, the more you drink, the thirstier you become. No different with fame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities