Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2023, 09:23 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times

Advertisements

I don't know anyone personally. I do know several gay men that I work with, but one is married to his husband and one is single and a bit older so he may or may not get married in the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2023, 10:31 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,565,658 times
I just remembered a medical professional, now retired. He was a former dancer, very good looking, we all assumed he was gay (he always noticed our hair, fashion choices, made floral arrangements as a hobby ), never mentioned a wife or girlfriend. During the AIDS fear mongering of the '80s, he worried about losing his practice. He and his office manager were great friends, she was about fifteen years older, not very attractive, divorced with kids. They shocked everyone by getting married. We all assumed it was to protect his practice since gay medical professionals were being avoided. They were together until she passed away during the plandemic.

Old 11-14-2023, 10:45 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,565,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
It's always someone who knows someone who says that it's true. I totally believe the gossip is floating around in Hollywood but unless there is an actual first hand account or Travolta acknowledges it to be true I don't believe it.
Travolta propositioned my hairdresser in a steam room. He also propositioned my hairdresser's masseur.

Travolta is bisexual.

Old 11-15-2023, 06:26 AM

23,212 posts, read 29,026,930 times
For a short while, way in the ultra-liberal early 70's, I worked as a Gay male sex surrogate under Dr. Tom Maur who was a head of the Human Sexuality Dept. of the U of MN!

His goal was to bring couples together, where either one of them was Gay, to help keep the marriage together for the sake of the children, which would create a Lavender Marriage. This would free both of them to have affairs if they so wished, and remain married.

Rather than the Gay husband picking up street hustlers, Tom would appoint a sexual surrogate for that man. And reversely, a Straight husband married to a Lesbian, finding a sexual surrogate for her.

Not sure of his success rate but it was certainly an interesting experiment.

Old 11-16-2023, 08:15 AM

17,353 posts, read 16,492,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allthatglitters View Post
I think Preston and Travolta's marriage was more complicated than that. On January 2, 2009, their son Jett died at the age of 16 from a seizure. In 2018, Preston was diagnosed with breast cancer. It would have looked very bad for Travolta's image to 'come out'. Both were Scientologists, and as another poster mentioned their church likely covered up for them.
Jett died in 2009 while they were having a family vacation in the Bahamas. I remember how completely devastated John and Kelly were by their first born son's death. While still grieving their loss, Kelly became pregnant and gave birth to their youngest child, a son, in 2010. Then Kelly was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2018 but they kept that news private. I think it shocked most of us when she died in 2020 at only 57.

John was born in 1954. Between 2009 and 2020 he was roughly between the ages of 55- 66. Are we to believe that he had all of those intense things happening in his personal life with his own family, yet, he was off having gay Hollywood hookups? I mean anything is possible but I just very much highly doubt it.

Old 11-16-2023, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Jett died in 2009 while they were having a family vacation in the Bahamas. I remember how completely devastated John and Kelly were by their first born son's death. While still grieving their loss, Kelly became pregnant and gave birth to their youngest child, a son, in 2010. Then Kelly was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2018 but they kept that news private. I think it shocked most of us when she died in 2020 at only 57.

John was born in 1954. Between 2009 and 2020 he was roughly between the ages of 55- 66. Are we to believe that he had all of those intense things happening in his personal life with his own family, yet, he was off having gay Hollywood hookups? I mean anything is possible but I just very much highly doubt it.
I'm just reading Unzipped/Darwin Porter. Brando and Wally Cox (Mister Peeples TV show) were friends/lover through most of their lives, both married with children.

Brando received the ashes from Wally Cox's cremation and kept them in his house until he died. Then, he wanted his ashes mixed with Wally's ashes to be spread around Death Valley.

Marriage can be a great disguise for Bisexuals and Gay people.

Old 11-16-2023, 09:03 AM

17,353 posts, read 16,492,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I'm just reading Unzipped/Darwin Porter. Brando and Wally Cox (Mister Peeples TV show) were friends/lover through most of their lives, both married with children.

Brando received the ashes from Wally Cox's cremation and kept them in his house until he died. Then, he wanted his ashes mixed with Wally's ashes to be spread around Death Valley.

Marriage can be a great disguise for Bisexuals and Gay people.
I don't doubt that marriage can serve as a disguise, especially in Hollywood where image is everything. The thing is, John and Kelly seemed to have the real thing with each other. Their affection and attraction for each other seemed very natural and genuine. They also both seemed to be hands on parents with their kids and not just in a "look at me!" sort of way. I mean in a behind the scenes, real life sort of way.

Old 11-16-2023, 09:06 AM

5,010 posts, read 590,697 times
Quote:
Travolta's age has no relevance. I never said "he was off having gay Hollywood hookups"...I said he plays for the other team. Believe what you want.

Old 11-16-2023, 01:39 PM

Quote:
I don't doubt that marriage can serve as a disguise, especially in Hollywood where image is everything. The thing is, John and Kelly seemed to have the real thing with each other. Their affection and attraction for each other seemed very natural and genuine. They also both seemed to be hands on parents with their kids and not just in a "look at me!" sort of way. I mean in a behind the scenes, real life sort of way.
Michael Jackson quieted the parents of the boys he seduced for a night or a week or a month by buying the parents a Rolls Royce, in some cases a new home, unlimited shopping sprees in NY or Rodeo Drive, cash payments. It worked well most of the time!

If I were a high profile movie star, with money, I'd do whatever to keep any conquest quiet about it. How about a new Corvette? Would that do it?

Old 01-01-2024, 08:37 PM

1,706 posts, read 1,147,358 times
Yes.

In one case, the pair have killed a few people due to the amount of drama generated from their dysfunction. They're wealthy so they paid their way out of getting charged. TOXIC AF.................

In the other case, the man decided to do conversion therapy, went back into the closet, married a woman and started a family. Not a bad guy, he just chose to stop being gay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities